MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 11:43 PM   #1
cz3ch

Feedback Rating: (0)

New from Katy/Galleria

Hey everyone.. I'm a 30 something male getting back into the swing of things.. Have ridden off/on a couple of stints, but never really devoted any time/effort to really doing it right and enjoying it.

I have the opportunity to pick up a gsxr600 for a great price, but I'm a bit concerned. I really want this bike but I've already been on one and have scared myself a bit with it... I was used to riding ninja 500rs and small 250s... The gsxr is another beast entirely with razor sharp throttle response and handling that is just pure evil...

Was wondering if anyone out here in katy is interested in riding together locally while I get the feel of the bike/etc. I'm going to take my MSF + MSFA to get my Class M endorsement before I start riding this bike. But I'd also like someone to sort of take me under their wing and ride with me.

I have this serious fear of wrecking, I've seen too many friends die on bikes (99% cager-cause... not by the squids but still)... I love the idea of a bike, it's just a subculture all its own. I've been into import cars for years and have done all that 10s 1/4 mi ... I'm a bit more grown up... I need a new toy...A sportbike fit the bill for me...

Originally I was going to start back on a 250r or something to re-learn... but I didn't want to waste $ and pass up the price on this bike...

Anyway.. rambling on.... it's good to be here and I hope to meet some of you guys pretty soon... everyone here seems cool from what I've read...

-Jaems-
Soon to be 03-GSXR600 Owner
cz3ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone like to try this in the Galleria? M@tt General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 11-09-2012 10:21 AM
What is there to do in the galleria sixshooter1125 Off Topic 8 11-25-2007 10:50 PM
galleria kpoera2003 Events, Meets and Rides 6 03-20-2007 02:40 AM
GALLERIA RANGER1 Events, Meets and Rides 1 03-17-2007 07:17 PM
Riders around Galleria ?? R6_htown Events, Meets and Rides 9 12-06-2006 09:55 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2007, 11:50 PM   #2
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

sup...katy here
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:06 AM   #3
D_UNIT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
03'xr50w/carbon fiber,07' R1(SOLD), 06' Ranger Rover Sport SuperCharged(NEW TOY)

Katy/Gallaria area?????????????????? Must be nice to have 2 cribs, one in the city one in the country.:laughing6:laughing6:laughing6:eh:

Welcome bro.
D_UNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:17 AM   #4
cz3ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_UNIT View Post
Katy/Gallaria area?????????????????? Must be nice to have 2 cribs, one in the city one in the country.:laughing6:laughing6:laughing6:eh:

Welcome bro.
More like those are my stomping grounds.. i own a home in katy and work in the galleria.. when im not at home.. i'm at work... vice versa... i'm deciding on whether or not to drive this bike to work... i'm usually not awake in the mornings... and besides I need to get some hours under my belt first before anything happens..

When I get it and grab my MSF.. maybe us katy locals can go out and meet somewhere... always down for meeting new folks...

-J
Old 08-20-2007, 01:21 AM   #5
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

well the 250's hold their value due to them being great starter bikes so re-sell shouldn't be a problem
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:45 AM   #6
D_UNIT

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
03'xr50w/carbon fiber,07' R1(SOLD), 06' Ranger Rover Sport SuperCharged(NEW TOY)

Ok thats for clearing that up cz3ch.

I'm located temp at spring branch area. I'll let ya know if i ride around on the weekend.
D_UNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:02 AM   #7
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

MSF is a great idea (spring branch ISD is the closest to you 713-365-5660 $150), if your worried buy a cheap 250 and ride it for a bit, then buy a GSXR in the winter.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 AM   #8
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CubanGIXXER Send a message via Yahoo to CubanGIXXER
Welcome ... Katy here! Actually, I live on the border of Katy & Houston. But My wife and I, and a friend of mine that lives with me all have '07 GSXR 600's, so whenever you want to ride, just hit me up ... we are pretty much up for riding any day of the week in the evenings. Also, I had set up a small Katy Meet & Greet a couple of weeks ago, and I'll probably be setting another one up pretty soon, I'll PM you when it happens (but keep looking for M&G's on the forums ... they happen all the time!)
CubanGIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #9
ruthlessimage
2007 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by cz3ch View Post
Hey everyone.. I'm a 30 something male getting back into the swing of things.. Have ridden off/on a couple of stints, but never really devoted any time/effort to really doing it right and enjoying it.

I have the opportunity to pick up a gsxr600 for a great price, but I'm a bit concerned. I really want this bike but I've already been on one and have scared myself a bit with it... I was used to riding ninja 500rs and small 250s... The gsxr is another beast entirely with razor sharp throttle response and handling that is just pure evil...

Was wondering if anyone out here in katy is interested in riding together locally while I get the feel of the bike/etc. I'm going to take my MSF + MSFA to get my Class M endorsement before I start riding this bike. But I'd also like someone to sort of take me under their wing and ride with me.

I have this serious fear of wrecking, I've seen too many friends die on bikes (99% cager-cause... not by the squids but still)... I love the idea of a bike, it's just a subculture all its own. I've been into import cars for years and have done all that 10s 1/4 mi ... I'm a bit more grown up... I need a new toy...A sportbike fit the bill for me...

Originally I was going to start back on a 250r or something to re-learn... but I didn't want to waste $ and pass up the price on this bike...

Anyway.. rambling on.... it's good to be here and I hope to meet some of you guys pretty soon... everyone here seems cool from what I've read...

-Jaems-
Soon to be 03-GSXR600 Owner

james still drive the TIB
ruthlessimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #10
eugene

welcome!
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #11
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Welcome.

Katy "Proper" here........

Drive a ZX-12R, roommate has a ZZR600. You're welcome to ride with us anytime AFTER you take the MSF course and get your license.

Ride Safe.

Challen
Lead Instructor
www.awesomecycles.com
Houston's Largest, Awesomest Motorcycle Riding School
Challen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:14 AM   #12
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Welcome here.

Looks like you got a good head on your shoulder. Respecting the bike is a big factor of riding, I think.

I am currently out on the injury list due to having someone run into me on the track and I share your fear of having that happen to me on the street. I wore full gear and still got banged up pretty good but at least, I am here to talk about it.

Make sure you get great gear. Don't save money on it. It will not only help your confidence but also keep you safer, should something happen.

I'd ride with you if I was able to as I love to ride paced and decent and my boyfriend lives near Katy, but it will be a month or two before I am back on two wheels.

Just take it easy out there, put a couple of hundred miles or so on the bike in the neighborhood and parking lots to learn how it reacts and handles. Then pick patient and good-paced riding partners. I had great mentors when I started riding and it made all the difference.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:08 PM   #13
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
Welcome

sig600x150
YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #14
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Welcome

PM me when you want to ride good luck in your quest
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #15
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Trackdays: 10+

hellllo

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:49 AM   #16
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Katy rider here.

Welcome.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #17
ls_dm
Still Goin...............

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
07 cbr600rr

Welcome to MH!!
ls_dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #18
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cz3ch View Post
More like those are my stomping grounds.. i own a home in katy and work in the galleria.. when im not at home.. i'm at work... vice versa... -J
Same here! I work in San Felipe & Augusta area and live in the N. Fry Rd area and Clay Rd. Welcome aboard!

I try to commute everyday if weather is good. The beauty of riding a bike is that you can use the I-10 HOV lane and that really saves you time.

Take it easy and try to practice riding around your stomping grounds early morning Saturday and Sundays. Once you feel confortable, take a ride to your workplace Saturday/Sunday early morning to become familiar with the route and road conditions.
Very good idea to take the MSf training. You will get a discount on the insurance.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #19
Cortez31
You can never go too FAST

Location: Katy,TX. Use to live in La marque and Texas City area

Bike(s):
2006 ZX10r

welcome katy area her too.
Cortez31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:20 PM   #20
cz3ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessimage View Post
james still drive the TIB
Ray! The Tib Wrecked after going TT. Someone hit me and nearly killed me... Since then I've been through a boosted tC, a supercharged 350z, and now another boosted tC and a GSXR... old faces.... new places..

Hit me up PM..

-Jaems

Advertisement