Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 06:40 AM   #1
Jungle Racing
Feedback Rating: (0)

Skill for LSTD

Qustion: Since I am new to riding (less than a month) and really want to get out on the track, what kind of skills and experiance should I have before I go and take the class in Group C.
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window!

Last edited by SBK Pilot; 08-18-2007 at 09:05 AM. Reason: removed drama bait
CLETUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
four wheel skill Mike Ingle Off Topic 3 06-27-2009 02:40 PM
talent vs. skill The_Gunslinger Off Topic 5 02-13-2009 10:55 AM
nice riding skill ccalvin General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 04-19-2008 03:28 PM
Sobering how often we overestimate our skill specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 04-08-2008 02:15 PM
one wheel skill, literally ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 10-22-2006 07:39 PM
Old 08-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #2
Motorcycles Unlimited
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I commend you for wanting to expand your skill set.

I see you've taken the Awesome Cycles MSF, so that's a good first step.

Next I'd recommend at least getting some more miles under your belt of real world seat time. Everyones skill level / learning speed is different so it's hard to give an exact number.

As far as skills, I'd recommend that you at least understand / practice things like; counter-steering, emergency front braking maneuvers and throttle control.

On a separate note about your concerns; LSTD is one of the safest track day providers around, and the incident you speak of is FAR from the norm.

Please realize though, that any time you throw a leg over a motorcycle you accept a certain amount of risk.

Good luck, and when you're ready to start doing track days, we're always here to help out. Feel free to stop by with any questions you may have.
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:16 AM   #3
Swift E
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Triumph 675

^ What he said
MSF first then get some seat time
I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money and you can keep The Change!
Swift E is offline   Reply With Quote