MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
None

**Tango 1300** Read at your own Risk

This is a post that was on myspace. I would trust these guys but be weary because they had dealings with Tango (aka) David.

It's depressing to find out some of these things, I never protected david or defended his actions. But I had hope that his past was 'just that' his past ..

-daniel
Dear Friend, First i must solicit for your strictest confidence in this transaction and I pray that my decision to contact you will be given genuine approval considering the fact that we have not know each other before. Your urgent response is highly needed. -Kraelo
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attn Tango 1300 & HypeFactor Marketing SBK Pilot Events, Meets and Rides 1 08-15-2007 01:49 PM
where is tango jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 139 08-07-2007 11:34 AM
Tango anyone? BigComfy Off Topic 7 03-24-2007 11:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

All,
David Wilks (Tango1300) has attempted to move himself into our business after the TRUTH about him surfaced on Moto Houston just recently. He has played a game in pumping us with information that is not true while trying to rally us against the people (Moto Houston) that were right to begin with. He fed us with a bunch of lies and manipulation to try to get under our wing so he could use us to launder his shady deals and eventually ruin our reputation and claim his innocence here too. He also in the last few days has started trying to ask money questions and budget for projects which we haven’t shared with him but we can see where he’s going. While I was trying to communicate with Moto Houston David Wilks was pumping lies into my ear that Motorcycles Unlimited and Ellis Motorsports were pulling off of Moto Houston. We were completely unaware of his past and the threads on MH regarding the past scams he has pulled until last night. We were BRAND NEW to the site, don’t think we have even been signed up for a week or two. He has tried everything he can to manipulate us to try and get what he wants including getting me to list his track day on our website. Come to find out it was to add credibility to it. I have pulled that down obviously because we will never have anything to do with David Wilks. Like I said , we just last night came across all the threads about what he’s done in the past and for all of you that stuck up for him I’m really sorry to disappoint you but there is no change in him from the past. He still lies, manipulates and scams to try to get what he wants and he doesn’t care whose reputation he puts at risk. My wife and I ARE NOT the type of person David has proven himself to be once again. I’ve been a programmer, systems analyst, operations manager and business development manager for over 15 years. My wife has been in sales and marketing for over 15 years to the level of being contracted out by Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies to work out issues with their internal marketing departments. We have 7 children and started our business together as a means to have the time we want for our family to enjoy our family hobby (RIDING) as well as the income. We have been slammed in a matter of days by David Wilks and his web of deceit. It makes me sick that David knows we have a family of 7 children and a business we have busted our tales to put together and he was and still is willing to just trash what we have to try and cover his own .

He has used our company name to post events HE is trying to coordinate without authorization from us on SuperbikeMoto. SuperBikeMoto is fully aware of the situation and is awaiting word from us to pull anything having to do with our company and “tango” off of their site.

“Tango1300” has also posted without authorization things for a BMW, Triumph, Aprilla, Moto Guzzi dealer including their banner on SuperbikeMoto to try to promote his track day and make himself look better. He told us “this dealer is going to sponsor my track day”, “they’re ready to move on it” and he acted like he had a long time relationship with this dealer. It turns out there was never any commitment from this dealer and “Tango” had just met them. The dealer is aware now that the posts were made and is contacting SuperBikeMoto to pull them down.

We have information from people that contacted us that know the real situation about his former employment at AJ Foyt. In his myspace blog he is defending himself AGAIN in regards to his separation with them. The truth is he was fired again for dishonest dealings. The horrible truth is that AJ Foyt was victim to “Tango’s” scams as well. They have had to repair relationships with their customers, some of whom are threatening legal action against them for things that “Tango” pulled while he was there for ONLY a month and a half.

Those of you who thought his past is his past… You’re wrong, it’s his present, he’s a scam artist. Our goal here is to clear our name and make all of the riders we can aware of the CURRENT facts so no one else has to deal with what my wife and I have had to deal with the last couple of days. This jerk has affected my entire family in a matter of days, He’s like a disease, he makes me sick and you deserve to know what he is.

In another effort this morning to try and weasel his way in he sent the email below to my wife to try to rally her against ME. I’m going to share that email with you, with my responses so you have a small taste of the type of thing David has been doing to both my wife, myself and some of our friends just since Tuesday 08/14/07 when we decided to meet with him in person. We met “Tango” through Moto Houston by recommendation from a couple of other MH members. We saw all of the activity “Tango” has had on the boards lately with organizing rides. With the exception, obviously, of what would have been really important to us, which are the details about his crooked past. The details can be found on Moto Houston in the “Forum News & Feedback” section, the thread is “Missing Tango Thread”.

Here’s the email from David to MY wife along with my comments detailing the actual accounts and the truth. All of the parts with the header “David:” are parts of one continuous email. I had to put my comments in-line just to be able to address it. (I am sure there will be denial and claims of not having said these things. My wife and I will be more than happy to PERSONALLY meet up with anyone, open our email/myspace IM/etc and show the proof in the history which CAN’T be doctored or denied.

David:
Just got a call from Patrick and found out the real reason I was Banned from MH. Turns out that Rob was trying to sell a motorcycle weeks ago on the site as a new member without any posts. He was told he couldn't do so without first having 25 posts. His PM to Chris was that "he" (Rob) had Many friends in the motocycle business and they would all vouch for him. Chris then told him it was standard and there was not going to be any changes to policy based upon his knowledge of other people in the industry.

I was told he was threatening in his further PMs then it was dropped.

MY Comments:
Some of this is true and my wife already knew about it but here David is trying to spin the reason for him getting banned from MH as my fault to try and “get back in” with my wife. The parts that are true from this are, I did post a bike for sale without having 25 posts prior to doing so. I wasn’t aware of that rule on MH otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered. The PM I got back I took minor offense to because a few lines in the PM seemed sarcastic in nature such as ”this isn’t craigslist” and it assumed you wouldn’t be a “contributing” member. I sent back a message through the “contact us” on the site (I’m pretty sure) stating my opinion. I don’t remember word for word what I said but I do know I said “to assume I won’t be a contributing member is ridiculous”. I believe I said something about the sarcastic tone of the PM and I mentioned that I relationships with some of the MH sponsors and I wonder what they would think about the way I’m being treated on this site. My point was it’s one thing to receive a message that simply states the rules, it’s another to have the extra verbiage in it that’s ego centric and sarcastic in nature. I was annoyed by the PM enough to send something in however, I didn’t receive anything back from Chris about not changing any policies. There were also further PM’s on the matter. This is the minor BS part from “Tango” the rest is better.
Dear Friend, First i must solicit for your strictest confidence in this transaction and I pray that my decision to contact you will be given genuine approval considering the fact that we have not know each other before. Your urgent response is highly needed. -Kraelo
Old 08-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

David:
Then, I come along and post on behalf of HFM which was known by the mods and Chris to be associated with Rob. Rob and HFM had been flagged to which I had no prior knowledge of due to the incident over the bike for sale. Autor3rd saw that I was posting the event benefit and no matter what it was, I was being associated with HFM/Rob and the thread was to be deleted. They played it all like it was another commercial interest post on my behalf now trying to sell a donation for a charity that was not listed. Their little flags went up saying SCAM. Now I am tied in their minds to a charity scam and thus the reasoning for my 7 day Ban.

My Comments:
First of when I signed up at MH, it was with a personal hotmail address not a HYPE Factor email address. I’m sure HYPE Factor was not being watched and I’m really sure anything that Tango was posting was being watched based on all the threads we read last night. David is trying to spin this off as if poor him again, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and because of my message to MH he is the targeted victim. Give me a break you tool!!

David:
Rob then sent a bunch of PMs to all the mods and to Chris. He was banned indefinitely cause he threatened to Strong Arm MH by trying to take Sponsors away. This had nothing to do with me at all... none of these actions were done by me. Not ONE. I had called two of the sponsors for my events and asked for their continued support which they have given and will continue to do so... But never threatened withdrawal.

So, I was going to sit out my 7 day ban til Rob threatened MH with Legal action. It was at that point my ban was now pushed to indefinitely! Fearing Legal action, every single post I made in the past has been deleted. Nobody there knows Rob or any of these issues so all the hitting the fan is going on MY NAME, not his...!!

My Comments:
This is another flat out lie. David launched an anti Moto Houston campaign immediately upon him being banned and started telling my wife and I that he’s got so much support from the riders and sponsors on this. DAVID WILKS, TOLD ME REPEATEDLY THAT MOTORCYCLES UNLIMITED AND ELLIS MOTORSPORTS WERE BEHIND HIM AND GOING TO PULL THEIR SPONSORSHIP OF MOTO HOUSTON. To the exact opposite of what David is saying I actually was the one that told him he needed to hold off on the Moto Houston bashing and the sponsors pulling out until everything was clarified. He was very persistent in trying to convince me to rally everyone to go to another site and now I know why. He knew all of the stuff about him on the MH boards and that we didn’t know yet so he was trying his hardest to get us away from that board too. The first email that I sent to Chris was asking him to call me. The second email I sent to Chris was explaining some of the details and that we needed quick resolve to the issue because their was site sponsor involved. After no reply from Moto Houston I sent a 3rd message through the “Contact Us” that said I feel like I’m being ignored in my request to resolve this and I don’t know what it’s going to take to get your attention. I also stated that we have a big reach into the motorcycle community and that other site sponsors were questioning Moto Houston’s actions regarding this matter. This was after listening to David all day saying MH plays games like this, they don’t respond, we need to move to the other site, the sponsors are sick of Moto Houston and they’re ready to go. He was also saying I have the support of hundreds of the Moto Houston users that are sick of Moto Houston. He kept coming at Holly and I every 20 minutes all day to try and drill us into launching a campaign against Moto Houston. Unfortunately his lies were somehow validated by Chris not responding to me. I know now why Chris didn’t respond, since Tango had posted about the event and HYPE Factor was on it I’m sure Chris thought we were BS artist like Tango. I’m sure he wanted to talk to the sponsor we’re working with and avoid potentially being scammed by us. So again, David is trying to make it look to my wife like it was me that is damaging his reputation.

David:
Yesterday, Rob sends me a series of scathing IMs on Myspace suggesting that I have been telling people we are Partners in this business and that I am the one running it. Nothing could be further from the truth! He then said Lisa told him I said that... I questioned her about this and she denied that she had ever made any reference to that statement. She said we looked like "Superfriends" cause we each had complementing attributes to succeed. I agree on that point if we can all get on the same page.

Rob also IMed me saying I didn't have the right to post HFM as part of the events on SBM as if it were my own event. I told him that the first two events that people recognize as Tango Meet & Greets were named such for recognition and further dates were just HFM because I want to get away from the Hooters Mentality and into more professional appearance.

My Comments:
You’re right I sent this moron a bunch of scathing IM’s once I found out he started posting about events everywhere. He was not told to, it was not suggested he took it upon himself to just start posting things. This was before even finding out the rest of the about him last night. I actually said quite a bit more than what he’s listing there.

David:
Here is what is going down as of now.

Patrick and other sponsors of the MH board are wanting me back on MH. They are having a "roundtable" sit-down with Chris and telling him he needs to learn how not to build a boat in the basement and get it outside... they see me as the person to do that! They are wanting MH to have me as their Events Director with the power to put together these future events. I have their support. I cannot get this ball rolling if I have to worry about Rob threatening these people.

We need to work together if this is truly going to work. I know how to post these things, I know what these guys want and I know what is not going to work.

My Comments:
I can’t wait to find out the truth about this. It’s in process right now. We’re putting a stop to his lies this morning. Everyone will know the truth today. “He can’t get this ball rolling if he has to worry about ME”? That’s just funny, David’s the one that’s been pumping BS into my ear to manipulate the situation and push us in the direction that he wanted to try and go.

David:
Yesterday after telling me we needed to Collaborate on postings for events... Rob posted a bulletin for the prizes and such on MySpace. The MySpace police will delete an account for such as spam if proper links are not included in such. That is why ever Bulletin I make for promotion has the links included so their Bulletin Nazis can check it out. Its so simple, but very important. I even told Lisa on her repost to go back and do it again just for that reason.

My Comments:
I did not say anything about collaborating on post. What I said was you are never, ever under any circumstances to post anything having to do with our company or clients without direct authorization from myself or my wife. Who cares about the rest.

Sorry for the long winded email, but I needed to get all this across to you.

David

Thanks,
Robert Hernandez
Old 08-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #4
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

Been in long phone conversations tonight about this guy...

I wouldn't touch him with a 30 ft pole..

-daniel
Old 08-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

for the record...

Hype doesnt have anything against MH, and MH doesnt have anything against Hype , the company.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #6
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

Yes, thank you for clarifying that Chris.

-daniel
Old 08-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #7
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

Please thoroughly read before asking questions. I will not cliff notes ..

-daniel
Old 08-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #8
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Kraelo, you're gonna out your own thread.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:40 PM   #9
hardcoresteve
Hero since birth

Bike(s):
2007 R6s
1983 FS50 moped

Send a message via AIM to hardcoresteve
i say lock the thread please
Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #10
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraelo View Post
Please thoroughly read before asking questions. I will not cliff notes ..

-daniel
uhm...
"David Wilks (Tango1300) has attempted to move himself into our business "
Our business = ?

Quote:
It's depressing to find out some of these things, I never protected david or defended his actions. But I had hope that his past was 'just that' his past ..
-daniel
Think quite a few people were, unfortunately the guy seems to have some serious issues. Thanks for the heads up, and the same to the others that have tried to research and suggested for everyone to step carefully.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #11
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

Our Business = Hype Factor Marketing

Owned by Rob and Holly - good people.

-daniel
Old 08-17-2007, 10:02 PM   #12
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
This is a post that was on myspace. I would trust these guys but be weary because they had dealings with Tango (aka) David.

-daniel

I was saying be Weary of anyone who has been involved with David - I am still sifting through and finding the survivors (Hype Factor Marketing) and the ones who have permanently turned to the 'dark side' ..

-daniel
Old 08-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #13
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

And no I am not speaking for anyone or offering anything or even trying to impose myself into anyone's business. I am just saying the facts that have been thrust upon me and am presenting them to my fellow riders.

-daniel
Old 08-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #14
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoresteve View Post
i say lock the thread please
Why, when we deleted other things about Tango, people got all mad?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #15
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

I just thread all that bullshit. It brought me no closer to figuring out where the $80 David owes me is.....f*ck.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #16
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

I agree with Chris, this is an informative thread, if questions must be asked (you are asking everyone, I am not some 'guru')

-daniel
Old 08-17-2007, 10:09 PM   #17
Stacy
One day at a time!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

ummm, I wonder if I'll get my track day that I won
Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #18
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I'd like to add some clarification to this mess.

David has asked me to leave MH, to which I responded that it would NEVER HAPPEN.
I also told David at that time that the only way I would even consider to continue to offer prizes at his meet and greets was if he SPECIFICALLY didn't exclude MH members.

David also approached me to ask Chris to have a sit down with him, something I now regret to agreeing to do.

Effective immediately, Motorcycles Unlimited is pulling ANY and ALL support from ANY endeavor David Wilks / AKA Tango is involved in.

I believe everyone deserves a second chance, and in spite of Davids past I had hoped that he had turned over a new leaf. Apparently I was wrong.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Old 08-17-2007, 10:25 PM   #19
hardcoresteve
Hero since birth

Bike(s):
2007 R6s
1983 FS50 moped

Send a message via AIM to hardcoresteve
haha so im reading the other threads from other forums about the car he parted out...and on each forum the detective name he uses to back his story changes..."Yes, I was arrested falsely and the charges were dropped. You can contact Det. Brian Brown of the Redondo Beach Police Dept. "
"I spoke with Det. Brian Schmidt and it is out of his hands at this time"
Old 08-17-2007, 10:28 PM   #20
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

I'd like to say, ty Patrick for clearing up and clarifying. You will continue to have all my business because through this whole mess, you are the only person who honestly spoke up and rectified some of the nonsense ... that was appearing. You approach things with a very good attitude and handle things very professional, kudos to you

-daniel
Closed Thread

Advertisement