MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #21
AWD
Cruise'n
 
AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stafford
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492


Bike(s):
'06 600rr









Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
No point in preaching to the guy. He knows the possible outcomes. Anyway, I would imagine that really wouldnt be a good view if you tuck. I would think all you would see is the clutch or fairing. For a cruiser, I can see it having a better view.
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I should have had a helmet camera!!!! Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 03-16-2011 07:51 AM
Helmet camera ???????? ExtremeGas General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 03-12-2008 09:26 AM
Neat helmet camera.... TxVrod General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 02-02-2007 12:10 PM
Helmet Camera help... YankeeR6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 10-01-2006 01:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2007, 11:54 AM   #22
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!
 
Spanish Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, TX (North Shore/Channelview Area)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,251


Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)









Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
fixed.

u worry about your helmet. lemme worry about mine.
i agree everyone always has some to say. everyone should just worry about themselves and not worry about everyone else. no wait, better yet i'm surprised i haven't heard this yet..................... hey mike, MSF?
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #23
AWD
Cruise'n
 
AWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stafford
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492


Bike(s):
'06 600rr









Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
LOL
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #24
Steve O Chap
Big Hero
 
Steve O Chap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,902

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold







Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Fly View Post
i agree everyone always has some to say. everyone should just worry about themselves and not worry about everyone else. no wait, better yet i'm surprised i haven't heard this yet..................... hey mike, MSF?
Why are you putting in your 2 cents if all you worry about is yourself... and no one else?

If you you practiced what you're preaching, you wouldn't worry about me and my concerns for his safey...
__________________
My bicycle costs more than your motorcycle...
Steve O Chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #25
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!
 
Spanish Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, TX (North Shore/Channelview Area)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,251


Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)









Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap View Post
Why are you putting in your 2 cents if all you worry about is yourself... and no one else?

If you you practiced what you're preaching, you wouldn't worry about me and my concerns for his safey...
if mike is happy with it, so be it! if you are so concerned with his safety, buy him a new helmet and helmet cam mount
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #26
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?
 
HellFroze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 741


Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6









Doh!

Well, here are my 2 cents, since I started this thread... I asked this question because I wanted to see if there were other ways to record while riding besides cutting out our helmets...

I am not calling anyone out, but being from an engineering background, I will say this, once the helmet is cut... it's trash! No if's, and's, or but's. It was designed as a whole and it's structural integrity has been compromised. What this means is that it will no longer effectively do what it was designed to do. Head on, rolling, or even just being dropped, it may just fall to pieces... I wouldn't want to find out on the road, though. :eh:

YOUR safety is important, at least to your family... even if you don't want us to say anything... take it as a learning experience and buy a new helmet.

We only say something because we care!
__________________
HellFroze
HellFroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #27
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!
 
S_M_J82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hutto TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,409

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2003 kawasaki z1000








Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFroze View Post
Well, here are my 2 cents, since I started this thread... I asked this question because I wanted to see if there were other ways to record while riding besides cutting out our helmets...

I am not calling anyone out, but being from an engineering background, I will say this, once the helmet is cut... it's trash! No if's, and's, or but's. It was designed as a whole and it's structural integrity has been compromised. What this means is that it will no longer effectively do what it was designed to do. Head on, rolling, or even just being dropped, it may just fall to pieces... I wouldn't want to find out on the road, though. :eh:

YOUR safety is important, at least to your family... even if you don't want us to say anything... take it as a learning experience and buy a new helmet.

We only say something because we care!
there are a lot of ways to hook up a camera. it just depends on what style camera you want to get and what your planning on doing with it.. which i know record obviously but i was meaning do you want it stationary or movable..
__________________
just trying to get by!
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #28
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?
 
HellFroze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 741


Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
there are a lot of ways to hook up a camera. it just depends on what style camera you want to get and what your planning on doing with it.. which i know record obviously but i was meaning do you want it stationary or movable..
Movable probably would be best... wouldn't want to leave it on the bike while I went into a place to eat, etc...
__________________
HellFroze
HellFroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #29
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!
 
Spanish Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, TX (North Shore/Channelview Area)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,251


Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)









here are some variations:
http://www.pashnit.com/more/cameramount.htm
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:48 PM   #30
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











, and to think i almost posted pics of what i did to my jacket!
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy