MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 09:28 PM   #81
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy"zx6 View Post
o this guy is looking for it go ahead and delete this tread
Fix your sig.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TCX Boots - Any MH sponsors have them in stock? Tojo92 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 04-29-2011 11:01 PM
Attn: MH Sponsors/Amsoil Dealers Southside jetcycles General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 01-26-2010 06:36 PM
To: MH SPONSORS and BUS. Entities trying to STRONG ARM MH Solracer Forum Updates & Feedback 42 08-16-2007 10:42 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2007, 09:29 PM   #82
JonEric0430
the slow and the retarded

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to JonEric0430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Wow, I go to dinner and come back to this nonsense!:laughing6

First off, as everyone has already stated, if you have a problem with a shop, SAY SO BEFORE YOU PAY THE BILL!!

Don't come on here a month or more later whining and moaning about it when you weren't man enough to say something at the time it happened.

Why is that I wonder?

Is it because you truly don't have a leg to stand on?

Is it because you're here because of an ulterior motive?

I have nothing to hide from anyone. Yes we make mistakes, however in your case we are guilty of nothing and you have ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to be coming at us.

You got a hole in your tire on the way to our shop, plain and simple.

One of my guys rolled your bike into the showroom from where you parked it out front and it had a flat tire.

You were standing there the entire time. How is your flat tire my fault?

AND, if you do really believe that it was, why didn't you say something RIGHT THEN AND THERE? Why did you wait OVER a month to say anything?

As I have already said, I believe there's more behind your intentions than what we can see.
:laughing6

Someone got owned.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #83
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

Old 08-16-2007, 09:32 PM   #84
stlal
Superman

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
99 F4 Track/2004 Yami Warrior

Send a message via MSN to stlal
Cant the mods just ban this piece of waste of skin?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:32 PM   #85
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

I would have to agree with Patrick on his post... If you had a problem you should of stated it right then and not later on..

Kind of a stupid example but take going out to eat for example.. If you get a steak and its not cooked the way you want but you eat it anyways and pay the bill and leave then you really dont have the right to call back the next day and complain right? More then likely they would of got you a new steak right then if you said something but not a day later.. Might be the same in this case.. Patrick might of cut ya a deal or something if you would of brought it to his attention right then but coming on here and doing this isnt the best way to get it resolved..

my 2 cents anyways..

Smack That
Old 08-16-2007, 09:32 PM   #86
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
MH DEFIANATELY CATERS 2 SP'S

......why wouldn't they, that's whose giving them MONEY, it's good business. It's the same relationship as lobbyists and politicians. The sp gets their & MH gets money to help maintain the site. We as members ain't paying, so their interests are of more of a concern.

I don't always agree with it b/c when the sp phucks over someone, then it seems in instances that MH will PROTECT these sp's by not allowing the complaintant to post there problem (closed or missing threads).

BUT I CAN ALSO AGREE it's ALL ABOUT TACT 2. U gotta go at a situation appropriately, discuss with the shop, then pm a mod, and then SPEAK UR MIND..TACTFULLY. If the sp responds and has an explaination for the situation then it's done, move on! U put out the alert, they put up their defense, people can rule it as they see it.

I think it's each others duty to alert fellow riders of "buyer bewares".

I'm have a problem with one of the sponsors myself, but I know Chris won't remove him so why fight a dead battle. As Chris has told me it's HIS site and he'll do what he wants with it......I don't appreciate the answer but what can ya do, it is his site.

I hear mumbles about how the site has been run lately but if Chris doesn't see a problem with it, guess what it's gonna stay that way so overlook it cause it probably ain't that big of a deal anyway!!!!

DON'T TAKE THIS SO PERSONALLY BABE.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:36 PM   #87
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]......why wouldn't they, that's whose giving them MONEY, it's good business. It's the same relationship as lobbyists and politicians. The sp gets their & MH gets money to help maintain the site. We as members ain't paying, so their interests are of more of a concern.
COLOR]
I see your point here.. However to all of us this is a sport not a "business" and the forums are a place for all of us to talk about this sport that we all love to do.. Sure the bills have to be paid but its not a Business.. I mean I pay my car bill each month thats not a business right?

Not trying to fight just tossing in some opinions of my own..

Smack That
Old 08-16-2007, 09:38 PM   #88
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #89
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

basically these problems come down customer words vs shops word, you have to make the decision who your gonna believe.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #90
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacKingsFan View Post

On that note however... Not to stir up trouble or anything but "sponsers" on forums really arent needed.. Its good to have for events and such dont get me wrong but they shouldnt have any influence on the forums.. I myself own a forum with over 30 thousands users so I know how much its cost to run forums or lack there of.. Forums are extremely cheap and anyone with a basic job can afford it without having sponsors. I have a website, downloads, forums, etc.. etc.. and it only cost me $120 a year.. If anyone wants to call me out on it I will be happy to show you in pms my website, forums and my yearly bill..
Yet you have a donation link (currently at $0) and google ads. Sponsors come in different shapes and sizes.

Quote:
My forums stats:
Our users have posted a total of 48593 articles
We have 30009 registered users
The newest registered user is kosglad

That's less than 1.5 posts per registered user. You haven't hit the bigtime yet.

j/k
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 08-16-2007, 09:46 PM   #91
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 08-16-2007, 09:46 PM   #92
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
I see your point here.. However to all of us this is a sport not a "business" and the forums are a place for all of us to talk about this sport that we all love to do.. Sure the bills have to be paid but its not a Business.. I mean I pay my car bill each month thats not a business right?

Not trying to fight just tossing in some opinions of my own..
No prob babe, i luv a good convo!!!

For Chris and even for the sp's this IS business though, any time money is thrown in the pic it's business. No it's not a business to us, but for the sp's who use their sp'ship to GAIN MORE BUSINESS it's profitable for them to be a sp, and again their payment 2 be sp's I'm sure is WELCOMED by MH, to help with the cost of running the forum.

Oh and Ur car bill isn't a business but the people who loaned u the money r in a business to make money..off u that is, and same here, the sp's r sp's b/c they WANT 2 get u in their door.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #93
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
Yet you have a donation link (currently at $0) and google ads. Sponsors come in different shapes and sizes.

That's less than 1.5 posts per registered user. You haven't hit the bigtime yet.

j/k

lol just like every other forum I have forum whores and readers lol..
Im just trying to say that sponsors arent really needed.. They are always nice and can even put a little extra cash in your pocket IE: google ads..
But I cant fault Solocer for having sponsors and protecting them as long as the claim has no truth.. Which lets face it no shop is perfect and happens... If the person trys to resolve it at the shop and gets no where then I think they have a right to come on here and let everyone know what happend.. But if they dont have the to say something at the shop then I really dont care about reading it here..

Smack That
Old 08-16-2007, 09:49 PM   #94
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

Quote:
is not about who you belive. is about why they delete the tread or close it if somebody has something negative to say about a sponsor but if is not a sponsor they can say whatever in the same exact situation and it dont get deleted or close thats all
i agree, i don't like threads getting deleted. but if you noticed, the GPM thread was reopened after the vendor had his $.02. thats fair IMO. and from there you base your decision. GPM stepped up and went above and beyond.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:49 PM   #95
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
No prob babe, i luv a good convo!!!

For Chris and even for the sp's this IS business though, any time money is thrown in the pic it's business. No it's not a business to us, but for the sp's who use their sp'ship to GAIN MORE BUSINESS it's profitable for them to be a sp, and again their payment 2 be sp's I'm sure is WELCOMED by MH, to help with the cost of running the forum.

Oh and Ur car bill isn't a business but the people who loaned u the money r in a business to make money..off u that is, and same here, the sp's r sp's b/c they WANT 2 get u in their door.
Good points..

:notworthy

Smack That
Old 08-16-2007, 09:50 PM   #96
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

I'm going to start my own forum...

MotoDrama
Old 08-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #97
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Id really like to know about these threads that were deleted....

all threads concernng sponsors wronging members, were open for both sides to state their story.

and AGAIN.. I dont protect anyone.... I DO however beleive in giving the sposor a chance to either give a rebuttle or make wrong things right..

People around here like to jump on bandwagons and jump to grab pitchforks and torches.... Hastiness can be bad for all.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:52 PM   #98
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Sorry Patrick! A "GENERAL" statement

I've know patrick for a long long time, we've had our personal problem in the past which has been resolved. I've never known him or any of his guys to do something of this nature.

Patrick can and will survive with or without "your" business. He doesn't need to sabotage anyones anything in order to get his business and pay his bills.

Mods constantly ask that you take your personal problems to PM's, yet you publicize it, before they have a chance to comment on the issue or work it out with you, it's blown up a mile wide.

I work in sales, i don't sabotage nothing and if i lose 10 customers to the next guy, no big deal. If losing that 10 customers puts me out of business then, I'M IN THE WRONG BUSINESS TO BEGIN WITH.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:53 PM   #99
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
is not about who you belive. is about why they delete the tread or close it if somebody has something negative to say about a sponsor but if is not a sponsor they can say whatever in the same exact situation and it dont get deleted or close thats all

The world is full of ignorant idiots bent on making a ruckus for no good reason. You have to weed out the senseless noise.

If someone has a legitimate complaint or concern about a sponsor, they should go to Chris and explain the situation instead of ranting and raving in the forum like a 12 year old.

it's also a two way street. If someone does have a valid concern that a sponsor is less than ethical in dealing with customers, then I think it's up to Chris to address that with his sponsor.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 08-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #100
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
lol just like every other forum I have forum whores and readers lol..
Im just trying to say that sponsors arent really needed.. They are always nice and can even put a little extra cash in your pocket IE: google ads..
But I cant fault Solocer for having sponsors and protecting them as long as the claim has no truth..
Which lets face it no shop is perfect and happens... If the person trys to resolve it at the shop and gets no where then I think they have a right to come on here and let everyone know what happend.. But if they dont have the to say something at the shop then I really dont care about reading it here..
+1, and to add to that, if ur problem is valid U SHOULD BE ALLOWED 2 alert others of the problem and post it here without the threat of thread deletion, editing, or closing.

If the problem with a sp persists, THEY SHOULD BE RMVD!!! I think MH at least owes us that, since they technically r vouching for a sp when they allow them to be a sp.

Advertisement