MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 12:24 AM   #21
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
I'd be afraid to know what doctor's you go to...
Maybe it's because he is insured and didn't have to pay the whole bill, just that $20 deductible.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dont Ask, Dont tell...and Lady Gaga morvegil The Circus 2 09-25-2010 10:26 AM
best phone prank call catching a cheater mekrew Off Topic 6 04-13-2007 08:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2007, 12:34 AM   #22
bikerboyz

i been there i really dont like the place
Old 08-16-2007, 12:36 AM   #23
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
estimates are not definate if something comes up and he could not get the cable loose and it took his guys an hour then it was well paid if you didnt wanna get charged why didint you do it yourself...it would have prolly taken you two hrs at least 70 dollars an hour is usual shop rate dont about it
Old 08-16-2007, 12:44 AM   #24
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_Rules View Post
estimates are not definate if something comes up and he could not get the cable loose and it took his guys an hour then it was well paid if you didnt wanna get charged why didint you do it yourself...it would have prolly taken you two hrs at least 70 dollars an hour is usual shop rate dont about it

cody you signature doesnt work

ducatisignature
Old 08-16-2007, 12:45 AM   #25
knee_dragger

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
yeah, going rate for a mechanic is usually between $65-$85 an hour.

but if they told you 25....and then charged you 70 WITHOUT your consultation, then that is on them.
I agree.. Plus Evan of grand prix graduated from MMI, therefore he should of known what he was doing. Correct me if im wrong
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.

Last edited by knee_dragger; 08-16-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:06 AM   #26
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

get a estimate or work order like the ones Motorcycles Unlimited givesyou before doing any work next time.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:28 AM   #27
Tron

The problem with people is that they don't want to hear when someone has a bad experience with a particular shop that they have their bike serviced. And when they post something about them on this forum, they'll have their FRIENDS to back them up or better yet CLOSED or LOCKED their threads just so they can shut the member up from speaking the truth. I hope those people will have a horror story to tell one day and guess what? See who's gonna pay attention to your sad story? or better yet, tells you to shut your rant up your a**.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:33 AM   #28
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
The problem with people is that they don't want to hear when someone has a bad experience with a particular shop that they have their bike serviced. And when they post something about them on this forum, they'll have their FRIENDS to back them up or better yet CLOSED or LOCKED their threads just so they can shut the member up from speaking the truth. I hope those people will have a horror story to tell one day and guess what? See who's gonna pay attention to your sad story? or better yet, tells you to shut your rant up your a**.
exactly :notworthy
Old 08-16-2007, 05:02 AM   #29
02 rvt-RC51
Senior Member rc rider

Bike(s):
2002 rc51 rvt

Send a message via AIM to 02 rvt-RC51
Evan has been a mec for years cars and bikes 70.00 hr you are lucky and it is posted in the show room i have know them for years and never had a problem.
if you filled out the info on the work order and put your jhonhandcock on it you gave them permission to do the work. i work at a race shop so 70 bucks you came off pretty well i know it suck but you should haved ask him and look a the work order. some shops are more like 85 and up.i hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:30 AM   #30
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I disagree, he has every right to . If the man told him $25 and the bill comes back $70 that aint right.
The shop manager has a responsibility to inform the customer of additional charges. The mistake was made by the shop for qouting a price they couldn't honor. When that happens the shop either sucks up the mistake or allows the customer to make the decision not to have the work done.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
Old 08-16-2007, 05:30 AM   #31
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

Yeah we charged 79.95/hr at Meineke. Dealers are pushing it towards 100/Hr now for european cars. I think you "forgot" some part of the "story" here. Legally if he told you 25, and you agreed (at which point he should have you sign the estimate), and then you go to pay and they're like "oh yeah it's 70 buck', you should have never paid it, and gotten your straight right there and then, rather than going home and baking for a while till you're so hot and bothered that you had to rant to MH'ers and "warn" them about a shop, stating that "HEZ A CHEATER". Can you spell? Can we get the whole story? Can you blame someone else for your stupidity of not getting things straightened out before you left? By the way, If you would have made a deal about it, and they felt that they were entitled to the "tacked-on" $45, then they would still have your bike sitting in their .............
....... UGHhhh I give up.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:18 AM   #32
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

Old 08-16-2007, 06:46 AM   #33
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
Maybe it's because he is insured and didn't have to pay the whole bill, just that $20 deductible.
That still demonstrates how incorrect his rant is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron View Post
If someone is going to post a complete, in the manner of a rabid dog...their going to catch flak. Stay calm, concise and instead of raving and the response is likely to be better.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #34
grandprixmotoring.com
How fast can U really GO!

Bike(s):
'06 Limited GP 300 Busa

Send a message via AIM to grandprixmotoring.com
Let me start off by stating some of the facts that occured that day. The gentleman making the complaint walked in to the shop, tossed his key to us and asked "the speedo cable came off, please remount it." The service manager wasn't here at the time (who gives services prices/estimates), so I'm confused as to where you got the charge of $25 from. Our tech spent over an hour and a half dismantling the upper cowling on your Kawasaki EX250 to get to the area where the cable plugs into the backside of the cluster, not to mention how the entire apparatus was held together primarily by zip-ties, since most of the bolts were missing. We repaired it and only charged you for ONE hour (at $70/hr) instead of the true time that was spent on the bike. You picked it up, never said a word about the cost, paid and left. If you had an issue with the bill, I would think that you would bring it up at the time at arrival. Please contact us if you still have an issue and we will gladly give you a $45 credit in our store to compensate you for the difference in the amount paid.

Sincerely,
Grand Prix Motoring management.

ALSO...
EVERYBODY!!! WE HAVE KBC HELMETS ON SALE!!!
Mention MotoHouston.com and get a bigger discount!!!
WK: 713-782-0491
Fax: 713-782-0462
E-Mail: allen@grandprixmotoring.com
Web: www.gpmotoring.com
Old 08-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #35
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandprixmotoring.com View Post
Let me start off by stating some of the facts that occured that day. The gentleman making the complaint walked in to the shop, tossed his key to us and asked "the speedo cable came off, please remount it." The service manager wasn't here at the time (who gives services prices/estimates), so I'm confused as to where you got the charge of $25 from. Our tech spent over an hour and a half dismantling the upper cowling on your Kawasaki EX250 to get to the area where the cable plugs into the backside of the cluster, not to mention how the entire apparatus was held together primarily by zip-ties, since most of the bolts were missing. We repaired it and only charged you for ONE hour (at $70/hr) instead of the true time that was spent on the bike. You picked it up, never said a word about the cost, paid and left. If you had an issue with the bill, I would think that you would bring it up at the time at arrival. Please contact us if you still have an issue and we will gladly give you a $45 credit in our store to compensate you for the difference in the amount paid.

Sincerely,
Grand Prix Motoring management.

ALSO...
EVERYBODY!!! WE HAVE KBC HELMETS ON SALE!!!
Mention MotoHouston.com and get a bigger discount!!!

see now we get the other side of the story. this one seems more realistic to me.
and offering the guy a credit. pretty generous

ducatisignature
Old 08-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #36
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

the thread was closed until GP could make time out of their day to respond with their side. all of you that said MH was catering to sponsors and trying to cover up the truth can eat my shorts.

Advertisement