MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
None

Need Professional Opinion on Drag Bike

My uncle is looking at purchasing this bike and shipping it up to Oregon.

I need an opinion on the bike, what is your first thoughts when you read it, is it worth the value. ... ...

can he ride the bike on the street since it has air clutch and air shift ? Supposedly you can still manually control the clutch and instead of shifting with your foot you just push a button .... the air clutch is only for launching off the line ?

-daniel

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/395616014.html
Dear Friend, First i must solicit for your strictest confidence in this transaction and I pray that my decision to contact you will be given genuine approval considering the fact that we have not know each other before. Your urgent response is highly needed. -Kraelo
kraelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
drag racer guys need you opinion albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 06-12-2015 08:44 AM
What bike is best in your opinion? Alpinestars102 General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 12-10-2011 11:25 AM
Found a bike! What's your opinion? sunshyn General Discussion (Moto Related) 110 05-20-2008 10:53 AM
NEED PROFESSIONAL OPINION kraelo General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 08-12-2007 08:25 PM
Thinking about getting a new stunt bike... Need your opinion. Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-25-2007 05:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

that exhaust prolly wouldn't be "Street legal", it could but, it's gonna be loud as . I suppose if it's streetable, then go for it.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

BTW, i'm no pro so, don't really listen to what i have to say!
Old 08-14-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

Haha, even flamers have some 'truth' to their posts... so I guess that means you do too

-daniel
Dear Friend, First i must solicit for your strictest confidence in this transaction and I pray that my decision to contact you will be given genuine approval considering the fact that we have not know each other before. Your urgent response is highly needed. -Kraelo
Old 08-14-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

Need to know some 'real' info from people with highly modified bikes ... haha .. no offense carbon ..

-daniel
Old 08-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

IMO, if you want a fast Street/Drag bike, spend the money and get a busa. Don't screw around with Bandit.

Motor work tells me one thing, it's dependability was just cut in half!

take that "truth" to the bank
Old 08-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #7
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

Well motorwork done by a professional shop ? and it's a completely new motor... not rebuild ... He doesn't want to be 'another busa rider' .... plus the comfort on the bandit is much better ..

-daniel
Old 08-14-2007, 05:05 PM   #8
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

i'm with carbon on highly modded engines...dependability is typically decreased by a lot.

why doesn't he just get a stock bandit 1200 then?
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:08 PM   #9
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

well, he wants to drag race .... if he wanted a stock bandit he could pick up 2-3 for that price .. bandits are a dime a dozen ...

he mostly wants to drag race up there, and be able to 'ride it' to and from the track, he's highly oppositional to trailering anything ....

-daniel
Old 08-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #10
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

all modded motors are done by professionals, and they all lose there durability also! Busa for the win..
Old 08-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #11
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Might overheat with real street use, being (street) legal and a real street bike are 2 different things, All those busa riders out there cant be wrong, kinda like having a model for a wife. james aint no dummy, I understand what ur saying but some of these things are high maintence:BangHead:
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #12
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Might overheat with real street use, being (street) legal and a real street bike are 2 different things, All those busa riders out there cant be wrong, kinda like having a model for a wife. james aint no dummy, I understand what ur saying but some of these things are high maintence:BangHead:
That's what I was wondering because it's air-cooled right ? Performance increase means it's running hotter so air itself can't keep it cool ?

-daniel
Old 08-14-2007, 05:19 PM   #13
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I,ve been around a drag bike or 2 in my days, they are very cool Have a car tire Kawasaki and would love to have streetable but at 1428cc from a old KZ motor gets hot after barely 1 pass, also have a busa that runs purdy good, James made about 40 passes on it one night 1 after another, I prolly have 1500 or more 1/4 mile passes on that thing and is still strong, I would love to build a car tire chassis with a button start, basically stock busa motor and run 8.90s LOW maint If that motor blows up could cost twice as much as the whole bike, not fun then:BangHead:
Old 08-14-2007, 05:26 PM   #14
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

I'm going to go look at the bike in a few hours, i'll keep reading this hope some more opinions pop up (if it's just +1 please dont post and get my hopes up it's something original)

-daniel
Old 08-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #15
FLYIN'DUC

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

What,s this bike run? ask to see time slips before money exchanges hands and would suggest see it make a few passes as well, If ur gonna run it on the street wanna make sure it idles and doesent overheat real quick, if it does be leary, those carbs are great on DRAG bikes but not too good on the street.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #16
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

I just went and saw it and it's hella clean, bike has never been titled (original sales paperwork from dealership), was completely frame off build .... he has videos and pictures ...

He is in a hayabusa club and has a goldish red hayabusa and bragged he was involved in a high speed chase a couple weeks ago 'on the busa' with a few cop cruisers and helicopters .... he showed me the nos kit on the busa and says he tops out at 230mph .... I should see if the cops are giving out a payment on tips leading to the arrest .. haha j/p

anyways back to the drag bike ... It's hella loud, no clusters, it's replaced by the relay box .. (this bike is worth more than what he's asking) ..

showed me time slips and was doing 5.9 in the 1/8th and 8.70's in the 1/4 ... i saw them myself ..

he has videos of the guy who originally built the bike, do the whole 1/4 without his front wheel never touching the ground .....

The bike is hella loud, and has a brand new slick on the back ... swingarm is chromed and custom made along with the wheelie bar and the front is raked and stretched .... It would be an awesome track bike, but most definitly not street legal ... unless you blow some cash on new exhaust, clusters, rear tire and get it re-tuned for the exhaust ... Air shift clutch and shifter, bike just about rocks .....

He's driven it to north houston and it never got hot for him, he's planning on going to westheimer this wednesday with a street tire and try and make some money ...

-daniel

Last edited by kraelo; 08-14-2007 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #17
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

I'm going to call my uncle and tell him it's a piece of because I know how my uncle drives and I wouldn't trust him with it at all ...

-daniel
Old 08-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #18
Badzx14r
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:06 AM   #19
GSXRLacey
Shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01' Gixxer 750 Heavily Modded

Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll try to get my buddy who races up that way his opinion. Might take a few days though.

Shooter

GSXRLacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:15 AM   #20
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

does it go potato, potato, potato ?

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement