Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 12:16 PM   #21
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
now when i sign up for the ridesmart class would i still be considered in the beginner course of it or the intermediate course???
You could probably do level 2 with RideSmart but I would get a few more track days under your belt before moving up to B group with LSTD.

Congratulations of your first track day and welcome to your new addiction. It is nice to have another MHer in the pits with us. Hopefully we will be pitting together soon.
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone riding Sunday? For noob like me. seanster Events, Meets and Rides 20 03-30-2014 11:24 PM
Sunday noob/noob+/noob++ ride to Yankee TMAX Events, Meets and Rides 70 10-06-2013 07:36 PM
Noob ride Sunday CraigRR Events, Meets and Rides 21 05-17-2013 03:30 PM
S NOOB SW Sunday Ride!! 11/18/12 --- 1/2 OFF RideSmart Track Day. floyd600 Events, Meets and Rides 6 11-05-2012 11:15 AM
LMS NOOB day change to SUNDAY 7/20 Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 26 07-19-2008 08:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2007, 12:45 PM   #22
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
now when i sign up for the ridesmart class would i still be considered in the beginner course of it or the intermediate course???
Don't do it I kid, I kid....but you should sign up for TWS (Texas World Speedway) the following Monday...I'll be CW 1/2 and riding 1/2 (hopefully the afternoon). And +1 on waiting another trackday to sign up for B group. The only reason I did my first time with LSTD is because I'm already fast....yeah right!!! But I knew I'd get bored in C after a few sessions.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:56 PM   #23
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!
 
S_M_J82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hutto TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,409

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2003 kawasaki z1000








Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
You could probably do level 2 with RideSmart but I would get a few more track days under your belt before moving up to B group with LSTD.

Congratulations of your first track day and welcome to your new addiction. It is nice to have another MHer in the pits with us. Hopefully we will be pitting together soon.
excellent!! thanks for the info guys i appreciate it.. I'm planning on doing the 3rd and the 10th at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with both companies, and if by any chance an opening happens at cresson for the 20th i'll be there too
__________________
just trying to get by!
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #24
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
excellent!! thanks for the info guys i appreciate it.. I'm planning on doing the 3rd and the 10th at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with both companies, and if by any chance an opening happens at cresson for the 20th i'll be there too
We are doing Cresson on the 24th with LSTD (I don't think it's full yet), but it is a Friday and I have to take off of work. the luck:icon_bigg
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:10 PM   #25
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!
 
S_M_J82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hutto TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,409

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2003 kawasaki z1000








Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7 View Post
We are doing Cresson on the 24th with LSTD (I don't think it's full yet), but it is a Friday and I have to take off of work. the luck:icon_bigg
i can't take off work:( i wish i could though.... oh well sunday's and monday's it is
__________________
just trying to get by!
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:10 PM   #26
Swift E
Senior Member
 
Swift E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 11,046

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675









Say goodbye to your paychecks and freetime.
I've just given my direct deposit information to go to Motorcycles Unlimited.
__________________
obama1
I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money and you can keep The Change!
Swift E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #27
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!
 
S_M_J82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hutto TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,409

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2003 kawasaki z1000








Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E View Post
Say goodbye to your paychecks and freetime.
I've just given my direct deposit information to go to Motorcycles Unlimited.
lol I hope i don't get to that point too soon, this is all in good fun right now in hopes to get ready for next year's season
__________________
just trying to get by!
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #28
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
lol I hope i don't get to that point too soon, this is all in good fun right now in hopes to get ready for next year's season
that's how it starts.....

next will be your bank account slowly decrease, your gf/wife will start picking more fights with you, the only free time you have will be dedicated to the track, you'll have enough spare parts to build a secondary bike, and it won't be for fun anymore, it'll be for the addiction of being on the track.

but dont worry, at least you'll be happy.
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #29
TILLA THE KILLA
Senior Member
 
TILLA THE KILLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 369

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1
2000 Suzuki TLR 1000 (sold)








Send a message via MSN to TILLA THE KILLA
i want the addiction, i'm feenin for the addiction!
__________________
"I don't want to wipe out everyone, just my enemies Tom, that's all." Michael Corleone:BangHead: :
Katie Couric, while interviewing a Marine sniper, asked: "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"
The Marine shrugged and replied: "Recoil."

Get Money
moneyinthebankc 2
TILLA THE KILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:47 PM   #30
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!
 
S_M_J82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hutto TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,409

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2003 kawasaki z1000








Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain View Post
that's how it starts.....

next will be your bank account slowly decrease, your gf/wife will start picking more fights with you, the only free time you have will be dedicated to the track, you'll have enough spare parts to build a secondary bike, and it won't be for fun anymore, it'll be for the addiction of being on the track.

but dont worry, at least you'll be happy.
that's always good to know i guess i'll be looking for a second job :confused2 anyone need any night help???:laughing6
__________________
just trying to get by!
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:03 PM   #31
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
that's always good to know i guess i'll be looking for a second job :confused2 anyone need any night help???:laughing6
Take it is strides. There are plenty of things to help you get involved with the track and earn some track time.
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #32
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!
 
S_M_J82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hutto TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,409

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2003 kawasaki z1000








Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Take it is strides. There are plenty of things to help you get involved with the track and earn some track time.
exactly, i'm looking to do some cornerworking when i can. but i really want to get as much time in now that i can... i've been working my of since i have been down here to be able to do this stuff. so it's kinda like finally fulfilling a dream! sad i know but true..
__________________
just trying to get by!
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:17 PM   #33
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail
 
alrova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NW-Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,861

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
not sure if you have track plastis already but if you don't you may want to start looking into those since you are going to be going to the track more often
__________________
--Alberto--
New weapon - "Green Hornet Kato Style powered by Stoner's blood drop stolen by Melandri injected by Lascorz"
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #34
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!
 
S_M_J82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hutto TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,409

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2003 kawasaki z1000








Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
not sure if you have track plastis already but if you don't you may want to start looking into those since you are going to be going to the track more often
by the end of the week if he gets them off that soon at least haha
__________________
just trying to get by!
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #35
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
Alright so i was there for my first time at a track event in Houston, and i will say this.... I'm done with street riding! lol It was so much fun!! Candie your are def. impressive! I need to learn some more from you in turns 1 and 2 though!! Towards the end of the day i got it down pretty good, and was running pretty quick, or at least i felt quick lol.. I also learned that the hill can be a lot of fun once you realize you are capable of lifting the front tire off the ground when you exit turn 15 haha.. The only down fall to the day was that it was too stinking hot!! but thanks for bathrooms with A/C is wasn't that bad... In all it was a great day! now the next one is at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on sept. 3rd! can't wait This time i will remember to be in better shape cause i tell you what i couldn't walk yesterday cause i was so sore:BangHead: haha.

did anyone get any good pics by any chance??? the camera we brought sucked for long shots:(
Thanks Justin! You looked Awesome out there yourself! I kept getting off the track and trying to get out there with you, but everyone seemed to ride in groups and it was hard to get around all the folks and you always seemed to be leading the group! Maybe we can play a little at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on the 3rd and the
10th as we will be there both days!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #36
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!
 
S_M_J82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hutto TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,409

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2003 kawasaki z1000








Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic View Post
Thanks Justin! You looked Awesome out there yourself! I kept getting off the track and trying to get out there with you, but everyone seemed to ride in groups and it was hard to get around all the folks and you always seemed to be leading the group! Maybe we can play a little at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on the 3rd and the
10th as we will be there both days!
sounds like a plan to me I can't wait till then haha..
__________________
just trying to get by!
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #37
t.dubya
Senor Member
 
t.dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the 4th
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,647


Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)









glad you had a good time!

Ive become addicted myself, just got home, still sore from monday and cant wait for the next time! Credit Cards FTW!
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #38
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts
 
NO MORE F4I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: downtown h-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 9,755

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.








im still waiting to get on the track
__________________
It Drive On
NO MORE F4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:43 PM   #39
Steve O Chap
Big Hero
 
Steve O Chap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,902

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold







It always bothers me when people say stuff 'like street riding is lame' after they do a trackday or two. It makes me believe you're not a motorcyclist, but rather an adrenaline junky.

I LOVE the track, but won't ever give up riding on the street... I don't have to do breakneck speeds to enjoy my time on a motorcycle.

To each their own I guess...
__________________
My bicycle costs more than your motorcycle...
Steve O Chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #40
hardcoresteve
Hero since birth
 
hardcoresteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,850

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 R6s
1983 FS50 moped








Send a message via AIM to hardcoresteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap View Post
It always bothers me when people say stuff 'like street riding is lame' after they do a trackday or two. It makes me believe you're not a motorcyclist, but rather an adrenaline junky.

I LOVE the track, but won't ever give up riding on the street... I don't have to do breakneck speeds to enjoy my time on a motorcycle.

To each their own I guess...
i am an adrenaline junky lol i dont enjoy city riding, too many cagers. put me out in the rural areas
hardcoresteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy