Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #61
Shabs065

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
The Jasmine's were the boots I had.
Thanks, that's good to know. I'll keep looking.
Wear your gear Classax General Discussion (Moto Related) 45 07-14-2014 01:17 PM
gear saved my like last night so people who dont wear gear TAKE A LOOK!!!!! dcm5586 General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 11-03-2008 07:50 PM
wear your gear b18c1ej8 General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 09-09-2007 05:35 AM
wear your gear witchdoctor575 General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 10-05-2006 09:18 PM
wear your gear! RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 06-29-2006 03:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #62
gixxerbill

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

REally sorry your in pain. Foot injuries are bad. I will pray that you will feel better.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #63
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabs065 View Post
Thanks, that's good to know. I'll keep looking.
I'll plan on getting the Sidi Vertigo Corsa's. They are race boots. They are expensive but looking at my foot now, it is worth it. I could not even think of what it would look like had a car hit me. I already spent close to the amount of the boots on bandages and cremes and co-pay. :eh:

There are also the Sidi Vertigo's but where my boot got shredded through, they look the same like the Jasmine's. The Corsa's at least have another strap going over that part. I am at the point where I just want the best gear I can afford. The chances of exactly that happening again are low but when I get back on, I'll need all the confidence I can get.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:13 AM   #64
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
REally sorry your in pain. Foot injuries are bad. I will pray that you will feel better.
Thanks Bill.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #65
Shabs065

Bike(s):
Ninja 250

No problem. At least you have someone to take care of you.

What kind of gear were you considering buying next? There doesn't seem to be a lot of options for girls.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:21 AM   #66
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

I crashed in full leathers and they did their job. I had a carpet burn on my right knee and needed two stitches on the left elbow but reason for that was, the jacket wasn't tight and the armor had shifted. The leather was still intact though. The jacket was a Joe Rocket Blaster and the pants were First Gear Pilot Leather pants. They held up really good but were cut by EMT. That was on the track.

On the street, I've used an Alpinestars Stella jacket with CE padded armor and a backprotector (which I didn't even wear at the track ), I usually wear Joe Rocket Cleo pants and my Sidi Jasmine boots. I think I will go to a Leatherjacket on the street now and upgrade to textile pants, probably. Leatherpants for weekend riding. We'll see.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #67
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
I crashed in full leathers and they did their job. I had a carpet burn on my right knee and needed two stitches on the left elbow but reason for that was, the jacket wasn't tight and the armor had shifted. The leather was still intact though. The jacket was a Joe Rocket Blaster and the pants were First Gear Pilot Leather pants. They held up really good but were cut by EMT. That was on the track.

On the street, I've used an Alpinestars Stella jacket with CE padded armor and a backprotector (which I didn't even wear at the track ), I usually wear Joe Rocket Cleo pants and my Sidi Jasmine boots. I think I will go to a Leatherjacket on the street now and upgrade to textile pants, probably. Leatherpants for weekend riding. We'll see.
Man, you are going to get hot. You should look at Aerostitch. Ask radar about it.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #68
Vandals
Scooter

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

...and i just come back from jack in the box on the bike wearing only a helmet, gloves, short sleeve shirt and jeans:confused2
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #69
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandals View Post
...and i just come back from jack in the box on the bike wearing only a helmet, gloves, short sleeve shirt and jeans:confused2
Good call on the gloves. Gotta protect the hands. You don't want to mix blood, tar, and rocks with that sirloin burger if you went down at 25 mph.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:23 PM   #70
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Man, you are going to get hot. You should look at Aerostitch. Ask radar about it.
I looked at some Aerostitch a while back. Time to dig up that catalog again. They have good stuff.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #71
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
I looked at some Aerostitch a while back. Time to dig up that catalog again. They have good stuff.
They would be alot cooler.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #72
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

top of the line

winter = aerostitch
summer = BMW venting machine tops/bottoms
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #73
2slo

dangers of acetaminophen

Most pain medications are metabolized in the liver, not the kidneys (although too much of any drug can induce renal failure). The maximum recommended dose for acetaminophen is 4 grams a day. Vicodin has a lot of acetaminophen and therefore you should NEVER take tylenol (of any kind) when also taking vicodin (without checking with your doctor) I've seen a lot of people die in a lot of horrible ways but liver failure is BY FAR the worst!! I should add that just a few beers and a couple of 5/500 vicodin are enough to permanently damage your liver That's the end of the lecture...you may carry on.
Debra

Patricia, sorry about your experience. Hopefully you will get better with each passing day.

Last edited by 2slo; 08-14-2007 at 02:04 PM.
2slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:07 PM   #74
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slo View Post
Most pain medications are metabolized in the liver, not the kidneys (although too much of any drug can induce renal failure). The maximum recommended dose for acetaminophen is 4 grams a day. Vicodin has a lot of acetaminophen and therefore you should NEVER take tylenol (of any kind) when also taking vicodin (without checking with your doctor) I've seen a lot of people die in a lot of horrible ways but liver failure is BY FAR the worst!! I should add that just a few beers and a couple of 5/500 vicodin are enough to permanently damage your liver That's the end of the lecture...you may carry on.
Debra

Patricia, sorry about your experience. Hopefully you will get better with each passing day.
Exactly why Tetrahydrocannabinol should be legalized in all states as a canidate to be used for pain management.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #75
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Thanks, at the moment I am not taking more than 4 Tylenol (2 mg) at night. I am out of hydrocodone, so no worries there about mixing them.

Good info though. Scary, actually. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #76
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Debra
Well dang mine is screwed and tatood.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:15 PM   #77
2slo

For serious, acute pain I would recommend fentanyl. It is much stronger than morphine and can be administered via a transdermal patch ( decreases likelyhood of nausea). It is also available as a lozenger. It is mainly utilized for pain management in cancer patients but I was able to get it with my first crash....best ambulance ride of my life deb
2slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:56 PM   #78
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
For serious, acute pain I would recommend fentanyl. It is much stronger than morphine and can be administered via a transdermal patch ( decreases likelyhood of nausea). It is also available as a lozenger. It is mainly utilized for pain management in cancer patients but I was able to get it with my first crash....best ambulance ride of my life deb
I think graced us with many natural / better choices but, somebody in the U.S. goverment decided that corporations had a better solution.

Anyways, if you have to speak to somebody more then once about safety gear then you are probably wasting your time. Otherwise, by the best stuff you can afford and Suzanne at M-U is great with getting people into the right gear.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #79
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Party on deb!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #80
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

If it's too hot for gear, it's too hot to ride...

I don't even golf when it's like this and they let you drink and drive on a golf course.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement