MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #41
Radar

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Doesn't work after a week.
And it doesn't work instantly - think about swallowing the pill, then they immediatley begin wire brushing your rash clean. Hey - this wasn't part of the "plan"!
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wear your gear Classax General Discussion (Moto Related) 45 07-14-2014 01:17 PM
gear saved my like last night so people who dont wear gear TAKE A LOOK!!!!! dcm5586 General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 11-03-2008 07:50 PM
wear your gear b18c1ej8 General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 09-09-2007 05:35 AM
wear your gear witchdoctor575 General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 10-05-2006 09:18 PM
wear your gear! RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 54 06-29-2006 03:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #42
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Man, you got a crappy doc. You should have got a patch or at least percadan for your injury. Go to a pain mgmt doc he is you legal drug dealer.
I'll make it. I keep telling myself that it will all be over one day. It just takes time.

I saw my stepdad's mom waste away from kidneyfailure due to taking all sorts of pills all the time. No thanks.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #43
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
And it doesn't work instantly - think about swallowing the pill, then they immediatley begin wire brushing your rash clean. Hey - this wasn't part of the "plan"!
They don't work at all for me.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:41 AM   #44
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Probably 95% of the time and Rhonda ALWAYS
Darla??
Old 08-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #45
Shabs065

Bike(s):
Ninja 250

If you don't wear a helmet, how do you avoid the bugs? A bug splashes across my visor nearly everytime i ride.

Just the other day, i had my visor open for just a few minutes and a bug flew directly into my eye. I barely made it home and then i had to pick bug legs out of my eye. It was pretty gross and it hurt.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #46
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

When I started riding street in '85, all this gear stuff wasn't around. If you were a "responsible" rider, you donned a lid, and maybe a leather jacket, whether it be motorcycle specific or Tom Cruise Top Gun Bomber style. But even that wasn't a big deal whether we wore a jacket or not. Riding in a t-shirt or a tank was the norm, actually. If you laid it down, you got road rash. It was expected and an accepted risk of the sport. No big deal... tough it out. But back then, I was 18 years old, and I didn't care if I got road rash, or pizza elbow, or whatever. If I got a big scar? ", that's a big scar!" Need a skin graft? "Well, that sucks." That was the prevailant attitude. They hurt, but they heal. ATGATT meant wearing a DOT helmet.

NOW I think.... Forget that mindset! I am so glad that technology has advanced so much, and safety gear has become so easily available, that I would be stupid not to take advantage of it!

Keep in mind, (IMHO) any jacket or armor is not gonna protect you from an accident approaching or knocking on Heaven's door. It's still gonna hurt, and you may still break some bones, but at least if you have a typical getoff situation, you won't be all rashed up, or have to deal with the possibility of a skin graft. If a rider doesn't care about the rashes, then don't wear the gear. But always wear a helmet, at least.

Now I wear gear all the time because I don't want to deal with road rash anymore, and my body doesn't heal as fast as it used to.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #47
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabs065 View Post
If you don't wear a helmet, how do you avoid the bugs? A bug splashes across my visor nearly everytime i ride.

Just the other day, i had my visor open for just a few minutes and a bug flew directly into my eye. I barely made it home and then i had to pick bug legs out of my eye. It was pretty gross and it hurt.
A dragonfly will just about knock you out if it hits you between the eyes.... don't ask how I know.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #48
Shabs065

Bike(s):
Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
I'll make it. I keep telling myself that it will all be over one day. It just takes time.
Sorry to hear that you're still not feeling better.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #49
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Sorry to hear that you're still not feeling better.
Thanks. Last night was really bad again, but it is a bit more bearable this morning. I am just glad it isn't worse. I couldn't even begin to imagine.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #50
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Thanks. Last night was really bad again, but it is a bit more bearable this morning. I am just glad it isn't worse. I couldn't even begin to imagine.
Hope you get better quick - is it still the foot that is the most painful?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:53 AM   #51
Shabs065

Bike(s):
Ninja 250

Maybe you could try a holistic approach to dealing with the pain. Like acupuncture. I think there's a place on Jones near Powersports that does that kind of thing.

I use chocolate.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #52
Shabs065

Bike(s):
Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
A dragonfly will just about knock you out if it hits you between the eyes.... don't ask how I know.
I've been pelted in the forehead more time than I can count. Luckily, I never lost conciseness. But even when I ride on the back, I still manage to get hit by a bug. :laughing6
Old 08-14-2007, 10:56 AM   #53
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Hope you get better quick - is it still the foot that is the most painful?
For a few days it was the shoulder. Accidentally did a stupid move and it popped really bad and that carried for several days. Since yesterday, it is the foot again. Last night, it was both including the backpain. And that was with quite a few Tylenol extra strength pm.

You have no idea how I wished I had worn better boots. At least that. I could handle the rest. That is why I get so ticked about seeing folks with tennis shoes or flip-flops and shorts. Nobody should have to go through this.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:59 AM   #54
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Maybe you could try a holistic approach to dealing with the pain. Like acupuncture. I think there's a place on Jones near Powersports that does that kind of thing.

I use chocolate.
That is just down the street. No the name of the place? Maybe they can cut a few nerves or numb them.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:01 AM   #55
Shabs065

Bike(s):
Ninja 250

I was looking into getting a pair of Sidi boots. Since your crash i've been confused about what kind of boot i should get. Would you still recommend a Sidi street boot?

I was considering these...

http://www.extremesupply.com/sidi/si...s_jasmine.html
Old 08-14-2007, 11:01 AM   #56
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
For a few days it was the shoulder. Accidentally did a stupid move and it popped really bad and that carried for several days. Since yesterday, it is the foot again. Last night, it was both including the backpain. And that was with quite a few Tylenol extra strength pm.

You have no idea how I wished I had worn better boots. At least that. I could handle the rest. That is why I get so ticked about seeing folks with tennis shoes or flip-flops and shorts. Nobody should have to go through this.
I wish someone had told you about the boots - I would have had I known - I think you would have listened. Do you think you will continue to ride after going through this? Hopefully so.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #57
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
I was looking into getting a pair of Sidi boots. Since your crash i've been confused about what kind of boot i should get. Would you still recommend a Sidi street boot?

I was considering these...

http://www.extremesupply.com/sidi/si...s_jasmine.html

The Jasmine's were the boots I had.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:03 AM   #58
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
I wish someone had told you about the boots - I would have had I known - I think you would have listened. Do you think you will continue to ride after going through this? Hopefully so.
I plan on. But, with even better gear.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:03 AM   #59
Shabs065

Bike(s):
Ninja 250

Quote:
That is just down the street. No the name of the place? Maybe they can cut a few nerves or numb them.
I can't remember the name but i drive by it everyday. I'll look tonight and PM you the name. I might get stuck at the light long enough to write down the phone number too. I HATE that stop light.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #60
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
I can't remember the name but i drive by it everyday. I'll look tonight and PM you the name. I might get stuck at the light long enough to write down the phone number too. I HATE that stop light.
Thanks, I don't recall seeing anything like it. If you can PM me the number, I'd appreciate it. I usually commute up and down that street to work but since the crash have been staying with my boyfriend.

Advertisement