Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|08-13-2007, 03:42 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
- NO CAPS
- Be nice.
- Use common sense.
- No Spamming
- No . No Nudity. This includes avatars and signatures.
- If something might have offensive material, be considerate and tag the thread subject with *NWS* (Not Work Safe)
- Post in the correct forums.
- Sell only in the For Sale section (Read the For Sale Section Rules)
- Any comments/suggestions regarding the forum go in the "Forum News and Feedback" forum.
- Don't ruin threads - please take your personal conversations to the chat section or to pm's
- Mods reserve the right to lock a thread they deem as no longer useful
- Mods reserve the right to edit/delete your post if it contains drama. MH has a no drama policy.
- If you have something negative to say about a law enforcement officer/organization, feel free to express yourself - keep in mind the other forum rules. (Keep it in a mature & respectable in manner)
- Do NOT make any posts or threads about evading the police. This makes us look bad as a community, reflects poorly on this site and can easily get you in trouble. Any such posts will be deleted and your account is subject to bannage.
Last edited by Solracer; 12-10-2007 at 10:33 PM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Dissapearing Sig Line/Forum Rules?||BuckNut||Off Topic||84||06-14-2015 03:28 PM|
|Other Forum Rant / Car Audio Forum?||MiniG0D||Off Topic||5||05-22-2011 12:38 AM|
|Updated Forum rules...||Solracer||Forum Updates & Feedback||68||06-24-2008 09:13 PM|
|New Rules||Urandaman||The Circus||10||07-31-2007 02:52 AM|
|05-22-2008, 08:39 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2000
Feedback Rating: (0)
1. Introduce Yourself before posting.
2.1 Members will conduct themselves in a respectful manner. Members shall not engage in disrespectful posting, personal attacks, name-calling, flaming, baiting, inflammatory posting or language, juvenile, chauvinistic or demeaning posting, post whoring (posting with the sole purpose of increasing their overall post count), trolling, e-sniping, e-stalking, indirect attacks, and other such activities not conducive to a positive and productive environment. This includes posts or threads of a purely sexual nature. All posting in violation of the Guidelines will be acted on by interpretation of moderators.
2.2. Posting about religion or politics or cop-talk are allowed on a probationary basis, but limited to the Politics board and must be kept in a respectable tone / manner.
2.3. Do not threadjack.
2.4. Members will not post other members' personal information.
2.5. Members should not post copyrighted materials without permission of author or photographer as applicable. Links to other publications or materials are allowed along with a short introduction to the material.
2.6 Threads posted about current racing results where TV coverage is imminent shall not contain information about the result and will have the word "SPOILER" in the title.
3.1 Members shall not post images or links containing, nudity, partial nudity, sexual acts, or depiction thereof. This includes pictures for purely sexual purposes. This isn't a frat house, and the board needs to be work-appropriate. Pictures of clothed spouses or significant others are o.k.. If questionable, images should be linked and not directly visible in a thread. This link, and if possible the thread title, should carry a warning that such material may be NWS = "Not Work Safe". Links will be deleted if determined to be inappropriate by the moderators.
3.2 Graphic images depicting violence are discouraged, with the exception of those that serve an educational purpose in the motorcycling community. Those that satisfy the educational clause should be linked and not directly visible in a thread. This link, and if possible the thread title, should carry a "GRAPHIC" warning.
4. Signatures are limited by the software, and shall not exceed [size to be determined as we go...it's an evolving process]
Chris, you need to make this call.^^
5. When personal disputes arise between members they should take their squabble to Private Message (PM) and will do so when requested by staff.
6. Interactions with moderators.
6.1 Members shall conduct themselves respectfully when in dispute with a moderator. If a moderator instructs a member to take the discussion to PMs, please do so. The moderators will determine whether to lock the thread.
6.2 Members that smear or otherwise attack the site or moderators are subject to suspension and or removal.
6.3 Members will not start a thread with the intent of continuing the topic of a thread that was closed or removed.
7. Multiple logins are not permitted.
8. Members shall not promote their business or other forums in fashion that can be considered SPAM. Postings of such material may be removed by the moderators and an explanation will generally be provided, but not required. Repeat offenses may lead to suspension and/or removal. Advertisers are exempt and may post specials and/or information about their business. More detailed vendor Rules are here: [insert link]
9. The board is not responsible for policing business dealings in the classified. Buy and sell at your own risk.
10. Provide feedback regarding vendors or dealers, but do not gratuitously slam a vendor on the board. Prior to posting, please contact them directly if possible to work out issues.
11. Moderators have discretion in interpreting the Guidelines. Their judgment is final. The moderators will deal--in their discretion and with the best interests of the board and community in mind--with any grey areas not explicitly covered by the Guidelines.
12. While we will try to keep these guidelines consistent, members acknowledge that the guidelines may be edited and updated from time to time as needed and new issues arise. Members agree to periodically review the guidelines.
Suspensions & Banning
PM warning, if a member chooses to ignore the warning, or if the act is deemed bad enough, the following will be implemented:
First violation: 24-72 hour suspension. Initiated by any moderator.
Second violation: One week suspension. Initiated by any moderator.
Third violation: One month suspension to permanent ban. Admin decision.
Repeated violations or serious one-time violations or a pattern of conduct that requires disproportionate amount of moderator time will result in the member's access to the board being terminated.
Basically, don't make yourself a pain in the to deal with.
Last edited by Scotsman; 05-22-2008 at 10:17 PM.