MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
Squeaky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Boar Run - Trail Racing @ Outlaw Trax

I had a blast and I hope to do it again, but hopefully we won't be doing it again on THE hottest day of the year! New record - the closest airport registered 102F. Add full gear and kickstarting for every lap and every fall, and you've got three teammates melting in front of each others eyes.

Tim (Firemalt) after coming back off his loop. He'd gotten hung up on the Double Dip, and thinks he pulled a muscle coming down.

183278059 M

Me getting ready to head over to the staging area

183278073 M

The handoff. They used color-coded hair scrunchies as "batons" to pass between riders. As we came to the scoring table, we yelled out our color, "GREEN AND WHITE!" and then met our teammate to pass the scrunchie on. We could run in any order, but once we picked an order we had to stick to it.

183278104 M

Each team was comprised of an A/2 hr rider, a B/1 hr rider, and one child (on a 125 or smaller) or beginner lady as the C rider on the smaller course. You guessed it - I was the big kid on the kids course, racing against (and getting humiliated by) kids that were barely four feet tall.

The guys elected me as first up for team "Lame Ducks", which meant a civilized version of a holeshot against half pints my suspension could easily absorb. I decided to be nice and hang back and hit the trail last. A little girl (must have been about 5) almost came across my path getting from the starting line to the trail, but I managed to avoid her. (I think she might have been the only one I wasn't slower than, and it was her first time.)

I kept a woman on a quad in my sights for the first 30 seconds, but once she was out of view I might as well have been out there alone. These kids were so fast, I was in the woods with 10+ dirt bikes and couldn't hear anything but my own exhaust. I wasn't concerned about staying competitive in the race, but instead was just trying to get through without major injury or embarassment.

There was talk of a racer doing the entire endurance on his own - riding lap after lap for all five hours. I can't even imagine what that would feel like, since I did a total of 3 laps on a ~3.5 mile loop and I'm beat.

Debra (2slo) braved HUGE spiders and thorns to get this shot

183278127 M

Stephen (Porter), whose idea it was to build a team of this caliber.

183278180 M

Tony (Hemibee) swept the kids track most of the day, and did a great job. Glad I could provide some entertainment Tony!

183278209 M

The family of pumpkins based next to us brought this short and furry family member, "Maico" with them. He liked sitting with us in the shade, and I'm sure the fan was a welcome treat.

183278224 M

Despite the heat, falls, pulled muscles, ant bites, dust, and sand we all enjoyed the day and finished up with a smile.

183278250 M
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote