MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 07:52 PM   #21
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
I've been thinking about that... How 'bout when i win the lottery I sponser him?
It would be good if you won the BIG lottery.

It's really easy to make a million dollars in racing. You start off with 10 million. You'll have 1 million in no time!
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No Factory Yamaha WSB team in 2012 996Pilot Taking it to the Track 2 08-01-2011 03:58 PM
"SPOILER" WSB- Japanese domination at Brands Hatch Grinchy Taking it to the Track 15 08-02-2008 01:39 PM
Spies show 'em all (AMA SB and SS spoilers) tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 16 06-02-2008 05:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #22
ChemiKaze

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

I haven't seen anyone bringing in the issue of TC/ECU... This is what I read and heard..

AMA: For years, Yoshimura Suzuki has an electronic timing cutoff in their ECU unit, which acted as a traction control device when TC was illegal in AMA (Another stupid AMA policy and even worse policing effort). Furthermore, Yoshimura Suzuki has some Japanese support. Other brands don't. This year, TC is now legal but Yoshimura Suzuki is very ahead in this aspect of their technology while the other camps are still learning.

WSB: For years, Ducati were using the Italian electronic device Magneti Merilli systems while the other factories didn't have them. Now, some of the factories are using them, but Ten Kate is torn between using the HRC-created device and some parts from the Italian MM device.. The usage of MM has enabled other factories to compete and has left Ducati to bear their hopes on the new 1098R as Ducati are not able to use their corner exit speed as the advantage they once had.

AMA Superbike specs do not have to comply with looking like factory production while the WSB Superbike does. Take a look at the Suzuki exhaust pipes for the AMA and WSB.. There is a distinct difference. I also read that AMA is thinking of adopting the WSB rule in this aspect.

PS: Personally, I think AMA is just another club series like WERA in terms of how they conduct their races.. They really need to sell their management to a private entity to improve how they conduct their business. Other national series like BSB and CEV are all managed privately by companies with vested commercial interest and their races are better, safer, and very good fan viewership and enjoyment as well.

For sale: Alth Wave Rotors (Italian baby!) for 03-07 CBR600RR
ChemiKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #23
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

I could care less about traction control, mostly because it is infinitely safer than not having it on these 200hp machines.

Honda was accused of using traction control too. Not to mention the fact that Honda turned down Japanese support to run their own effort (why they did that I still don't agree with...).

I'm glad that traction control has become the norm, that's just another thing that is safer for the rider (like slipper clutches) that will translate down to the showroom customer.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:04 AM   #24
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

Erion Honda turned down HRC's TC unit? LOL.. THEY ARE STUPID! At least Ten Kate was smart in playing politics with their bosses..

I wonder if ABS will come into competition racing...

Old 08-13-2007, 09:45 PM   #25
paniro187

I think super stock should be the next superbike. and i think that supersport should have super stock rules also. No internal engine mods only exhaust fueling tinkering and suspension and that's it.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #26
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
The rules are changing for next year, we'll see if they can succeed in making the SB class conform to stricter rules (seemingly and effectively making it a SS class).
Really? This should be interesting. IMO I think they are 2 years 2 late on that call. Every racer/team is constantly looking for an advantage. So yeah I can see from some of what these guys say..... maybe Yosh' Suzuki might not necessarily be cheating. They do have (tested system + riders + $$$ + politics)..... Which looks like a monopoly to me.

Am I wrong, but isn't the whole difference between FX and SBK? ----> The bikes in FX are basically limitless in mods. That brings up another question. Shouldn't the factory support in FX be more $$$ because of the advanced mods. I'm sketchy on this tech stuff. I never pay too much attention to FX. Formula Extreme seemed to me like it was the GP version of production bikes, as the class does have less boundries on mods. They just stay state side. Correct me on this if I'm off.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #27
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

Nope... FX is the 600 version of Stock 1000.. SuperSport is the 600 version of the Superbike 1000.. YES AMA's naming system is also that stupid and confusing... they should just stick to the FIM rules!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #28
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemiKaze View Post
Nope... FX is the 600 version of Stock 1000.
wow....guess I'm I haven't followed that class in a min.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:16 AM   #29
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemiKaze View Post
Nope... FX is the 600 version of Stock 1000.. SuperSport is the 600 version of the Superbike 1000.. YES AMA's naming system is also that stupid and confusing... they should just stick to the FIM rules!
Uh, no that's not right.

As far as mods allowed, Supersport = Superstock and FX = Superbike. There are somes slight difference in what's allowed in FX and Superbike, but they are generally alike. However, Supersport & Superstock are identical.

If you look in the AMA rulebook you will see that there is 1 section for Superbike, 1 section for FX, and 1 section for Supersport/Superstock.

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114

Last edited by dhdrider; 08-15-2007 at 08:18 AM.
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #30
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
Uh, no that's not right.

As far as mods allowed, Supersport = Superstock and FX = Superbike. There are somes slight difference in what's allowed in FX and Superbike, but they are generally alike. However, Supersport & Superstock are identical.

If you look in the AMA rulebook you will see that there is 1 section for Superbike, 1 section for FX, and 1 section for Supersport/Superstock.
+1 on this one
Old 08-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #31
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Old 08-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #32
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Is it just this PC or is this link broken?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #33
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
However, Supersport & Superstock are identical.
Almost identical. Slicks are allowed in Superstock.

My guess is they allow this because they know the privateers are going to fill the back of the superbike grid with their Superstock bikes.

I still believe that FX should have been THE superbike class. But what do I know. :BangHead:
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement