MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
TuningFoR1k

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2012 S1000rr
07 R1 Blue //Sold//

K's Motorsports No Way!! Houston Motorsports Awsome service!!

I just got back from a long frustrating day trying to get a warranty issue fixed. I bought the bike from K's Yamaha in humble and got a great deal. The salesman was awesome and beat all the deals I got from about 7 other Yamaha dealers. I have to tell you though had I known there service sucked as bad as it does I would have paid more elsewhere.
I have the typical 2007 R1 flat spot at 5500Rpm in 2nd. I called K's service manager last Wed and he has no clue what I am talking about. He then tries to tell me that an R1 can't handle 5500 Rpm in 2nd?? ! Finally after talking to him for about 20 min he agrees to take a look at the bike and the Tech exchange notice that I have printed (That He Should Already Have!) If I bring the bike in next Wed. I am thinking this guy is a Service manager? I feel like I just talked to a part time fast food cashier. "Yes I Want Fries With That!!"
Ok I show up at K's this morning and while I am filling out the paper work he starts to tell me that I must have messed with the bike in some way and there is no way the thing could be running if it had a bad ECU what a dumb ! I show him the tech notice and he says ok leave the bike here we have two other bike ahead of you we should be able to get to it in a week or two?? I am like WTF??? All you have to do is ride the thing for 3 min then call Yamaha and get a new ECU. He tells me that the only way he can help me is if I leave the bike there for a week or more. I said FU!!!
So I get and fly outa there and head to Motorcycles Unlimited I thought Patrick said that he knew the service guys at one of the Yamaha dealers. I was mistaken but thanks anyway Patrick you calmed me down and sent me in the right direction.
I end up at Houston Motorsports Yamaha on 1960 near Jones rd. and I have to tell you it was night and day. Within 5 min the service tech was saying “You’re getting a new ECU from Yamaha!"
All I have to say is Don't go to K's in Humble for service warranty or not but you can trust the guys at Houston Motorsports they really worked hard to fix a problem that really should have been handled before I bought the bike.

Ok I think I am done ranting now. Thanks to anyone who listened and sorry it was so long.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houston Motorsports kpar21 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 06-24-2011 07:56 PM
Houston Motorsports Park LivInG lYfE General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 10-01-2008 02:41 PM
houston motorsports 01 r1 jason General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 07-07-2008 05:24 AM
Houston Motorsports park Runner General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 11-14-2005 12:13 PM
Houston Motorsports Park MATT L. Stunters Lounge 15 11-11-2005 04:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2007, 06:38 PM   #2
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuningFoR1k View Post
<snip>
So I get and fly outa there and head to Motorcycles Unlimited I thought Patrick said that he knew the service guys at one of the Yamaha dealers. I was mistaken but thanks anyway Patrick you calmed me down and sent me in the right direction.
<more snippage>

CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Their guys that work behind the counter in the parts section are just as bad. They have great attitudes I was shocked to find out neither of them had ever heard of CMRA... WTF?!?! How do you work at a motorcycle shop and know what the local race circuit?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #5
Urandaman

Bike(s):
2002 f4i

Send a message via AIM to Urandaman
so you still gonna make it out on sunday eric?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMalt View Post
Their guys that work behind the counter in the parts section are just as bad. They have great attitudes I was shocked to find out neither of them had ever heard of CMRA... WTF?!?! How do you work at a motorcycle shop and know what the local race circuit?

They're all dirtbike guys, aren't they? At least they seemed to be the last time I was in there ( a few years ago)
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:47 PM   #7
TuningFoR1k

Bike(s):
2012 S1000rr
07 R1 Blue //Sold//

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urandaman View Post
so you still gonna make it out on sunday eric?

Yea I will make it sunday. How many are going to meet there then ride to the event?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
Longnguyen

just for the spite of it, you should just throw it in their face and send a letter or complaint whatever to Yamaha corporate and/or the gm higher ups of k's. Tell them they suck, sold you a bike that prob didnt make much profit for them but lost all the potential service revenue to a stupid incident.
Longnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #9
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
They're all dirtbike guys, aren't they? At least they seemed to be the last time I was in there ( a few years ago)
They pretty much are, except for a few. I only use them to buy parts because they know me. I have a friend there who is in sales and he rides an R1. But I would NEVER suggest them for any work.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #10
AggieCBR
The token aggie

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
04 CRF 50
08 CBR600RR (Graffiti Edition)-SOLD

I went there about a year ago to get a price on a new pilot power for my R6 and the guy was trying to charge me somewhere in the $240 range. I asked him if he was actually serious and he was....The impression i've got from the people there was "dit di dee"

RIP Coachdave - April 5,2009
Coachdave passed me on the left
AggieCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #11
TuningFoR1k

Bike(s):
2012 S1000rr
07 R1 Blue //Sold//

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieR6 View Post
I went there about a year ago to get a price on a new pilot power for my R6 and the guy was trying to charge me somewhere in the $240 range. I asked him if he was actually serious and he was....The impression i've got from the people there was "dit di dee"
Was he trying to sell you both front and back? If not those must have been the new sterling silver pilot powers I have been hearing about. They don't corner for S^&t but Bling Bling!! :laughing6:laughing6:laughing6.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #12
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuningFoR1k View Post
Was he trying to sell you both front and back? If not those must have been the new sterling silver pilot powers I have been hearing about. They don't corner for S^&t but Bling Bling!! :laughing6:laughing6:laughing6.
I bought my quad there... as somenoe else said their good for sales. Service & Parts forget it... 30 minutes, we me having to find the part in their catalogue at the shop for a darn flywheel puller. Week+ to get the part... new stator, went to burts dirt works...2 days later had the part after being on the phone for 8 minutes.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:52 PM   #13
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

I heard similar stories about K's from other riders. Poor customer service, and bad attitudes. A friend of mine went there to buy an H4 bulb. They said they didn't have the part because it was for his Honda. Even though he insisted they'd be the same bulbs, they wouldn't serve him. I'm surprised they're still in business.

The sad part, at least for me, is that one of the mechanics is a member of my Off-Roader's Club (my other hobby). Even if I had a Yammy, I wouldn't take my bike there.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:29 AM   #14
level5
moving chicane

Maybe the guy a K's is right, NOT THE ECU. It is drive by wired and these sucker tends to have a missed spot. Hope that the ECU is the problem.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:13 AM   #15
TuningFoR1k

Bike(s):
2012 S1000rr
07 R1 Blue //Sold//

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
Maybe the guy a K's is right, NOT THE ECU. It is drive by wired and these sucker tends to have a missed spot. Hope that the ECU is the problem.
It's not the FBW. That has been discussed however.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...t=r1+flat+spot

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...t=r1+flat+spot

It is a known issue with the 07 ECU that Yamaha addressed in a Tech excahange notice that he should have known about. Even so he should have had someone test it when I showed him the notice. Instead he just made claims about how I must have messed the bike up and shouldn't be riding it that way Ect... My point is he was all about trying to set me up to pay for it before he had a clue what was wrong.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #16
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
:-) I remember them telling me to file for a farm exemption for my blaster.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:52 AM   #17
gixxerjoe
Who needs 2 hands anyway?

Bike(s):
07 YZF-R6

houston yamaha's where its at!

i love brian (service manager) and his mullet.

those tank panels on the r6 that break alot?

he replaced em free of charge.

being a former employee i can tell you first hand the service department is very efficient.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #18
Jon

Bike(s):
MV Agusta

initially i had bad experiences with houston motorsports
but over time their parts department really won me over
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:47 AM   #19
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

When I was looking for my bike I couldn't find the color scheme that I wanted anywhere. K's said that they could get it for me in a week if I put down a $1,000 deposit.

I did and after the first week went by I didn't hear from them - no biggie though, I gave them anbother week - but still didn't hear from them.

After the second week I called and they said "one more week," but even after that they didn't call me.

After a FULL month I still hadn't heard from them, so I drove up there and they said "oh, the cargo ship is on it's way from Japan, and it will be in Cali. in a week or two. After freight it shouldn't be more than a month before we get it. We'll call you when it's here."

Yeah right. I got my money back and went elsewhere.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #20
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

OT

I hate 2nd gear throttle lag :-(
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote