Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #1
chixwithtrix
Moto Chick

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'15 Grom, '02 KTM65 SuMo
'15 Duke 690 (sold) '08 Ninja 250 (sold), '10 BMW S1000rr (sold) '02 RC51 (sold)
'09 & '05 R1, '07 CBR600 (all sold)
'08 Aprilia SXV550 (sold)
'01 RC51, '01 CBR929 (all sold)

Calling All Passionate Riders - Looking to Share the Stoke!

I've been into a bunch of grassroots motorsports over the years and stand ups have really become a large part of my life. Recently someone at my work asked me why I'm so focused on motorsports and it made me stop and wonder - huh...why do I love skis and motorsports so much?! Thinking of the fundamentals gave me the idea to create a feature page on my personal motorsports blog to share the stoke with other like-minded people. I have a few jet skier submission and figured I'd start local for fellow motorcycle riders/racers.

Iffn you are interested you can just fill out and send the questionnaire below to my email or send me a PM on MH. From there I can contact you for further information, photos, etc to create your personal feature page. The finished article will be posted in the Features area once I get it all set up.

1. How did you get into riding? How old were you, what influenced you, why did you choose the riding type you did?
2. Tell me about your current bike. Is it a project, stock and reliable, race-ready, street, dirt?
3. Who or what has helped you grow the most competing or simply learning new things?
4. How would you recommend other people interested in motorcycles to get involved?
5. What is/are the reason(s) you love and participate in the sport?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
calling all fiddy (mini) Riders!!! BRYAN Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 7 01-17-2011 06:22 PM
Calling all 650r riders JBIRD5363 General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 05-12-2010 07:02 PM
Calling All Noob Riders - N.E. Side DNGRMOUSE Events, Meets and Rides 68 06-07-2009 07:27 PM
Calling out all Busa riders... Corona Busa Events, Meets and Rides 245 11-04-2008 11:27 AM
calling all aprilia riders!!!!!!!!!!!!!! H2447INTX General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 07-23-2008 09:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

1 i was a little kid and my dad took me for a ride occasionally, on his dorky yamaha moped. i liked sportbikes, and any time i could get close to one as a teenager, i began to breathe heavily and drool. i never thought i could own one. parents were a bit protective
2 my current bike is a naked sv650. i recently got it. so far it's reliable, but pretty far from stock. i mostly commute, but love an occasional sunday ride out to 3090 and that area in general
3 when i started riding, i had no support from the family. they all hated it, but it was a great feeling for me. i loved getting out on 149, feeling the wind against me, leaning into corners, feeling like i'm flying down a windy road a foot and a half above the pavement. for the first 2 years, i had no formal training. the first bike i bought, i was told thats the brake, and that's the clutch, and it's really easy. just try it. it took me a while, but i got pretty good. i finally did a brc course at awesome cycles and had a blast.
4 start by talking to friends, or people you know, who ride. talk to your family- i didnt know my dad had a bike before i was born. he had some knowledge to impart. you can get all sorts of useful bits of knowledge just from talking to people and reading forums. go to a bike shop and sit on a few of the 650's, 500's, 300's and such. see what feels good for you. dont worry about being the fastest or best looking just yet. find a brc course that works with your schedule. i'll always push for awesomecycles. dont bother buying a bike or gear until you have the brc behind you. you might just not be cut out for riding motorcycles. who knows. some people just dont do well on them
5 feels good man. i love riding about as much as i love my kids. a bad ride is still better than driving to work... i mean, unless i died or something. i ride my own ride, and dont care if you have a faster pace. i'd rather get there in one piece, with a bike in one piece, also. i've quit certain people in my life, i quit smoking, i cant quit being a motorcyclist.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:01 PM   #3
chixwithtrix
Moto Chick

Bike(s):
'15 Grom, '02 KTM65 SuMo
'15 Duke 690 (sold) '08 Ninja 250 (sold), '10 BMW S1000rr (sold) '02 RC51 (sold)

Thanks for everyone submitting so far.

I have a few people up on the feature page with more in the works waiting on photos and such.
http://www.chixwithtrix.com/features/motorsports

Keep it up with the good vibes! Here is a screenshot of the setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161019-155915.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	95224  
Old 10-19-2016, 10:09 PM   #4
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

Calling All Passionate Riders - Looking to Share the Stoke!
bretty good
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:32 PM   #5
chixwithtrix
Moto Chick

Bike(s):
'15 Grom, '02 KTM65 SuMo

I have a few of your fellow MH riders's submissions up on the blog, take a look and support your motorsport community.

http://www.chixwithtrix.com/features/motorsports

If you have a true passion for riding feel free to submit your entry!

Advertisement