MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2016, 07:47 PM   #201
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

99%? Hahahahaha

100% queer.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Those Wacky Cyclists Bevo Off Topic 10 10-12-2012 01:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2016, 08:15 PM   #202
rccarlson22

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
99%? Hahahahaha

100% queer.
I was commenting on the percentage of dickheads...now if we're talking about the degree of faggotry...
rccarlson22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:43 PM   #203
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post
I don't wear a bicycle helmet. I always thought it was obsolete. I've witnessed 2 bicycle accidents and heard about numerous more, their helmets didn't do . all the rash and cuts were on their face and side of their heads.

What about the initial impact, though? Bike helmets aren't designed to protect against rash and cuts. Helmet likely saved this dude from brain damage:

0001 42c20dd2 4e932d12 6336 0ab39e26?w1000
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 12:02 AM   #204
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop View Post
Sidewalks can sometimes be more dangerous because it puts you in a position where you are crossing multiple side streets.

When I first started bicycling, I thought the sidewalk would be safer on main roads. After a couple near misses where cars were turning off the main road from behind without using their turn signal (and ironically enough, on the phone.) I switched tor riding on the main road on the far right. It just makes more sense. People can see you a lot easier.
That's a result of our crapy sidewalks and make-believe painted bike lanes here.. Bike lanes which are curb seperated from the road are much safer. Which in turn encourages more people to use them and increases public awareness.

The best example I know is Germany where they have bike lanes which are predominantly curb seperated from the road and/or shared with the pedestrian sidewalks. Cars do have the responsibility to yield when they turn right across them but this is true also for the pedestrains in the cross walk just the same.

I'd rather look over my shoulder at intersections than constantly be trusting cars not to run me over the entire time. There are also traffic lights for the bikes and you get a ticket for running a red and points go on your drivers licenses just like if you were in a car.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:48 AM   #205
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
I'd rather look over my shoulder at intersections than constantly be trusting cars not to run me over the entire time. There are also traffic lights for the bikes and you get a ticket for running a red and points go on your drivers licenses just like if you were in a car.
That USED to be my take on it. This year alone I've done over 3k miles on my bike, mainly through neighborhood and surrounding street. We have some fairly busy roads with around 30mph speed limits surrounding our neighborhoods and it did not take long to realize that riding on the sidewalks wasn't as safe.
When there's a side street every 50 yards and all sorts of visual impairment like bushes, fences, trees, signs, light posts, ect. and they are right at the corner of the intersection...a lot of times the cars trying to turn won't see you until the last minute. They are looking for cars, not people on the sidewalk.

This situation I described above is the ONLY time I've ever even remotely came close to being hit by a car. It is pretty much a non-issue when I started just riding on the main road to the far right. As a result I now ride exclusively on the far right and don't use the sidewalk. I've seen through my own experience that it is much more dangerous. There is a reason it's legal to ride a bike on the road and I'm thinking it might have something to do with this
Old 10-15-2016, 08:53 AM   #206
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Regarding helmets;
I used to do quite a bit of skateboarding and have taken my fair share of falls.
I've hit my head probably 3-4 good times with a helmet on and once without.
I don't ever not wear a helmet anymore.

Advertisement