MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #41
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R

-Makes thread thinking Ridgelines are cool.

-Everyone else explains why they aren't.

-Tries to play the "it's for my kid" card and....

OptimalThoseFoal
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2016, 01:47 PM   #42
HondaTrvlr
Just Like Herpes

Bike(s):
A Few

^ I'm in the market. Tried to have a intelligent discussion. A few of you can flame on anything.
HondaTrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:17 PM   #43
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaTrvlr View Post
Apologize this thread is not the usual: cop hate, black hate, Muslim hate, , Guns, L Ron Hubbard wanna be and such. Your "no need for further discussion" statement could be said for the other 95% of MH threads. You should go into all other threads and say such. Yes, a thread that is bike related. Ouch

However I will thank you for bringing to light of the "radial tire pull". The Odyssey has been going through tires and alignments. Was always blaming my better half and kids for hitting curbs.

I'd rather join forums of subjects I desire. Honda forums, not so much.

Hope your day goes better.

My day has been exceptional, please don't mistake my cynicism for purposeful negativity. I was actually trying to steer the conversation in a positive direction, but I'm abrasive by nature, so I probably came across all wrong. I try not to partake in too much of the garbage content that floods this forum these days, but I will get down and dirty on subjects that I'm passionate about, that's just my nature. Honda and Toyota both make exceptional vehicles compared to the competition imho, but I'd choose the utilitarian value of a proven platform Tacoma (and the unbeatable resale value) over the demographic specific target market designed newly released platform Ridgeline every single day of the week. Buy whatever makes you happy, the rest of us genuinely don't care how you spend your money.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:19 PM   #44
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

It looks like a truck, only with a .

This and the chevy avalanche are the same in my eyes. To me a pickup bed is worthless if I can't put a lot in it.

my opinion
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #45
IndyRC
Mutant

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post
I doubt it was the 2017.
Why do you say that? They're already available.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:54 PM   #46
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
Why do you say that? They're already available.
Because it looks like a truck. I obviously mistakenly assumed you were referring to the old weird looking model. I personally like the way the 2017 looks. I never liked the look of the old ridgeline.

Don't worry, I have stereo types about trucks too. I won't buy a Chevy because to me they are for lawn mowing crews. Yes, I am a horrible person.

I really did like my F150 when I had it. It was just too big in downtown parking garages. The Nissan is too small. I really like the Tacoma and may still go with it. I will definitely test drive the Honda before making a decision. I could care less if it is unibody or not. It just does not matter for my needs. I just need something I can easily tow a bike in the bed occasionally. Maybe my camping gear. Nothing else.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #47
Reaper81
Ready to roll

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)

The only reason i got my sierra over a tacoma was the sierra was way cheaper than the tacomas that were in my area

VicTOEmizer: Pants down hands up!
Reaper81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 01:55 AM   #48
Ice

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2016 Honda NC700X DCT

I actually like the 2017 Ridgeline a lot. Very practical, comfortable ride, bullet proof reliability. It serves every need I have for a truck. I don't give a if it's unibody or whatnot. It does what I need it to do, comfortably. I hate "real" truck's jarring rides. Only thing I hate about the 2017 Ridgeline is the nose.

This review of the truck is SPOT ON http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-20...muc-1775023406
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #49
hondarider77

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Send a message via AIM to hondarider77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
I actually like the 2017 Ridgeline a lot. Very practical, comfortable ride, bullet proof reliability. It serves every need I have for a truck. I don't give a if it's unibody or whatnot. It does what I need it to do, comfortably. I hate "real" truck's jarring rides. Only thing I hate about the 2017 Ridgeline is the nose.

This review of the truck is SPOT ON http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-20...muc-1775023406
The way people complain about a trucks ride are just whining IMO. It's a pickup truck, not a 1991 Lincoln town car. Oh the ride hurts my . Bet you can't even check your own air pressure or know how to work on your own car. Ask any mechanic what they would rather have between the frontier, tacoma, or ridgeline and I guarantee you just about every single one of them would put the ridgeline dead last.
hondarider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:38 AM   #50
HondaTrvlr
Just Like Herpes

Bike(s):
A Few

Mechanics can't make a living working on Honda's!
HondaTrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:48 AM   #51
hondarider77

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Quote:
After some thought might look the Tacoma route. Only need 2wd, stick shift would be a plus. Something around 50k miles. Just remembered full coverage for teenagers suck.
At least with the tacoma you have options, engine, transmission, 2wd-4x4, lockers, 4 door, 2 door, extended cab, long bed, short bed, plenty of tie down points, I can fit 2 full size dirtbikes and a mini with ramps and all gear in the bed of a shortbed tacoma. Plus it's a true rear wheel drive vehicle. The engine is at the front and the drive is at the back with a proper set up. Easy to work on and bullet proof. The ridgeline offers none of this
Old 10-08-2016, 08:49 AM   #52
hondarider77

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Quote:
Oh yeah I can. You wouldn't believe how many engines I do due to broken timing belts...
Liked this post:
Old 10-08-2016, 08:52 AM   #53
hondarider77

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Quote:
Also their motor mounts are junk
Old 10-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #54
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Growing on me. I like the fact it will drive like a car, low step in height, parking will be easy plus I can haul the bike!
Friend of mine is a Sales Manager at Honda if you need a hookup.

I was in there the other day and passed comment on how much I liked the new Ridgeline after seeing it in the flesh
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:22 PM   #55
Ice

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2016 Honda NC700X DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider77 View Post
The way people complain about a trucks ride are just whining IMO. It's a pickup truck, not a 1991 Lincoln town car. Oh the ride hurts my . Bet you can't even check your own air pressure or know how to work on your own car. Ask any mechanic what they would rather have between the frontier, tacoma, or ridgeline and I guarantee you just about every single one of them would put the ridgeline dead last.
I don't even know where to start with this statement. It's asinine to insinuate that just because I hate having my teeth jarred loose on my daily drive to work means I know nothing mechanically. My garage being full of tools and wrenches say otherwise. I will give you a few minutes to think about how stupid and elitist this statement is.

Why don't you go make a round trip around the block asking actual mechanics instead of sitting in your arm chair making blanket statements. You'll be surprised.
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-08-2016, 08:01 PM   #56
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
I don't even know where to start with this statement. It's asinine to insinuate that just because I hate having my teeth jarred loose on my daily drive to work means I know nothing mechanically. My garage being full of tools and wrenches say otherwise. I will give you a few minutes to think about how stupid and elitist this statement is.

Why don't you go make a round trip around the block asking actual mechanics instead of sitting in your arm chair making blanket statements. You'll be surprised.

It's asinine to think that people would actually have their teeth jarred loose on their way to work, as you've suggested. It's asinine to think the the ownership of tools implies knowledge and proficiency of use. Here's a quick reality check...he's an ACTUAL MECHANIC! Like I said previously, nobody gives a what you boys choose to spend your money on, do whatever makes you happy.
Old 10-08-2016, 08:25 PM   #57
pbfoot

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZG1000

0-60 in 6.4 seconds. I likee!
Old 10-08-2016, 08:50 PM   #58
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Quote:

You sound like you need a car with a flower vase on it's dash.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:12 PM   #59
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

After test drive I am leaning towards the Tacoma. If that helps anyone. I like the look better and I have a better vantage point as it sits a bit higher. Both are great trucks. But for the same price, 4X4 vs. AWD. I want to go with the vehicle that feels more substantial and has the better resale value.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:55 PM   #60
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post
After test drive I am leaning towards the Tacoma. If that helps anyone. I like the look better and I have a better vantage point as it sits a bit higher. Both are great trucks. But for the same price, 4X4 vs. AWD. I want to go with the vehicle that feels more substantial and has the better resale value.
Tacomas are bulletproof, and will hold their value better than any vehicle in the segment.

I have a buddy who is a sales guy at the Toyota dealer here in League City, he sold us my wifes 4runner and a coworker of mine just bought his wife one too. We got deals in the "unusually good deal" range on the true car value

Advertisement