Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2016, 05:49 PM   #61
FZ1

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakleyNinja View Post
Man, you weren't kidding. Three times I was pulled out in front of on my way home today.
Ya I have an air horn on my bike and unfortunately I've had to use it more than I'd like when riding. It has helped though. Cagers do not check there blind spots and move over on you as well so keep an eye out for that also.
FZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Katy riders alexhtwn Events, Meets and Rides 2 06-21-2016 10:47 AM
Katy riders 3/1 CodyGP Events, Meets and Rides 3 03-01-2011 04:30 PM
Any Katy Riders jfly Events, Meets and Rides 1 04-11-2009 02:16 AM
KATY RIDERS speedjunkie General Discussion (Moto Related) 86 12-20-2007 02:08 AM
Katy/Cypress Riders Andy Events, Meets and Rides 65 07-06-2007 04:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2016, 10:51 PM   #62
OakleyNinja
Roadkill Queen

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Kawasaki Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1 View Post
Ya I have an air horn on my bike and unfortunately I've had to use it more than I'd like when riding. It has helped though. Cagers do not check there blind spots and move over on you as well so keep an eye out for that also.

Really? An air horn? I think that would scare me more than it would the cager lmao.
Old 10-07-2016, 05:23 AM   #63
Morgstang

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2008 ZX14

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakleyNinja View Post
Duly noted. But like I said, they took good care of me. Put me in the middle and they knew immediately when I got separated, and they rode at my pace. I don't think I'm ready for the winding roads and long distances yet, but I at least know now that I'm not afraid to push myself out of my comfort level in order to learn how to ride my bike properly. For only having had the bike for a month, I feel like I made a lot of progress last night.
You probably need to wait to ride with us then....lots of curves and you coming from Katy your day would be about 6 to 7 hours and probably 200 to 250 miles of riding...
Old 10-07-2016, 01:02 PM   #64
OakleyNinja
Roadkill Queen

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Kawasaki Ninja 300

Yeah, that's probably for the best. Maybe in the spring. I'm going to be getting plenty of seat time cause I'm going to be riding literally every day. My bike is my only mode of transportation atm.

Advertisement