Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
ATWA327

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
N/A

C & C Cycles of Spring. Anybody vouch for them?

Saw this place's website and was wondering if anyone had heard of them. Interested in one of their bikes and wanted to see if they are a reliable place.
ATWA327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
J & M Cycles? Nesto1000 General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 12-07-2012 05:31 PM
Anyone know J&M Cycles in Houston? honorsdaddy General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 02-03-2012 11:47 AM
New Motorcycle Store ( S & S Cycles) Bgsxr1000 General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 01-30-2006 07:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
busa5225
glad to b here

Feedback Rating: (-1)

i have a buddy that goes there but they cant balance a tire for $hit there weights fly off.but other than that they seem like alright guys
busa5225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by busa5225 View Post
i have a buddy that goes there but they cant balance a tire for $hit there weights fly off.but other than that they seem like alright guys
lol... your going to knock a place because of the "weight glue" or cause the weight fell off? wow that could happen anywhere......
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
busa5225
glad to b here

well i left alot of stuff out.. i have had tires put on at Motorcycles Unlimited and none of that ever happened.well another problem c&c he had his oil changed and the filter fell off going down the road i realy didnt want to bad mouth anyone but you asked i answered.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #5
ATWA327

Bike(s):
N/A

How are their used bikes? Kinda worried. If they can't do an oil change how can they tell if a bike is ok (ie: ridden hard, transmission works, etc.)?
ATWA327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
falxzzr

Bike(s):
'07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Send a message via AIM to falxzzr Send a message via MSN to falxzzr
I think a couple ppl that work there are on motohouston.. they where offering some kind of painting sale or deal a few months ago on CL.

i got no kickass sig :(
falxzzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
well i left alot of stuff out.. i have had tires put on at Motorcycles Unlimited and none of that ever happened.well another problem c&c he had his oil changed and the filter fell off going down the road i realy didnt want to bad mouth anyone but you asked i answered.
the fact is any place can be bad mouthed. pick your favorite shop and I can give you a shocking story. what counts is how they treat there customers when they come back with the problem and treat everybody as a whole.

C & C are honest people. I know them better than anybody on this board. If something isn't right. They will do what needs to be done to make it right. Nuff said.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #8
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATWA327 View Post
How are their used bikes? Kinda worried. If they can't do an oil change how can they tell if a bike is ok (ie: ridden hard, transmission works, etc.)?
I don't work there and I laid the facts down in the above post. There are ways to tell about bikes if they are in good condition or not. If your serious PM me and I can help you.

I'm not going to let a clown slam some shop, unless he comes with somethin real, when I know the people. That goes with any shop.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #9
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I haven't heard of them, but if you have any concerns / not familiar with bikes, bring a friend that is or take Mark / hypertrophy up on his offer.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:07 PM   #10
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Never heard of them, i do my own work but if i can't do it, Patrick takes the Job. I have dealt with 4 shops some years ago because they were closer but Patrick is worth the ride, at least for me.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #11
jph1486

Bike(s):
yzf600r(sold) 03 fiddy
zx6
zx10
kx250f

i took my bike there when i got hit he didnt do any work on but he seemd pretty knowledgable..the owners name is rob hes a real nice guy...ive looked at one of there used bikes before and it was listed at a pretty fair price...i dont think hes out to anyone
Old 08-08-2007, 12:38 AM   #12
Stacy
One day at a time!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

That's where I bought my CBR from...used bike, they picked up through an auction. I Had a friend go up there with me to check it out to make sure it was clean. He (Rob) doesn't seem like the type of guy lookin to get rich from this shop, but does have a true interest in bikes. Anyhow, I got an excellent deal on my bike from them....clean bike, lots of extras and he threw in the frame sliders. Even with the low miles and extras, I still got it a few hundred below KBB retail value. Only thing wrong with it was some scratches on the side from where the auction house dropped it on it's side. Mechanical wise it's in excellent condition. I would definatly buy another bike from them.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #13
busa5225
glad to b here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy View Post
I don't work there and I laid the facts down in the above post. There are ways to tell about bikes if they are in good condition or not. If your serious PM me and I can help you.

I'm not going to let a clown slam some shop, unless he comes with somethin real, when I know the people. That goes with any shop.
{clown} nobody is slaming nothing i said i havent had ant work done there so a clown needs do read be for he speaks.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #14
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

I had work done on my bike there and i would never take it back even if i was paid to horrible customer service plane and simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:57 PM   #15
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
{clown} nobody is slaming nothing i said i havent had ant work done there so a clown needs do read be for he speaks.
haaa you proved my point... you have nevre done buisness with them and your just spreading hear say. You dont even know the people so watch your mouth before you put someone down. Come forth with a scam or a real story of bad sevice you "Clown".
Old 08-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #16
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja View Post
I had work done on my bike there and i would never take it back even if i was paid to horrible customer service plane and simple
So, other than the lack of punctuation, what's the whole story as far as why you would never return there?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #17
busa5225
glad to b here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy View Post
haaa you proved my point... you have nevre done buisness with them and your just spreading hear say. You dont even know the people so watch your mouth before you put someone down. Come forth with a scam or a real story of bad sevice you "Clown".
i thought i said enuff and made my self clear i have never did business with them that is why i said it was hear say.and no point has been proved i have said all along it wasnt me CLOWN so read before you speak. i cant say any more about them cause i dont know .
Old 08-09-2007, 09:03 AM   #18
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanto84 View Post
So, other than the lack of punctuation, what's the whole story as far as why you would never return there?
To make it short and sweet and to the point I had my bike there to get repairs he wrote me out a service ticket for the repairs and the cost it had parts labor and that is it i signed it and told him to get to work he ordered the parts (supposed to be that day) 2 weeks to get the parts (only takes 5 to ship) then one of my parts got sold to another customer that was in desperate need of it (as if i wasnt) and then after it was all said and done when i finally get to go pick up my bike (keep in mind this is now 4 weeks later to replace clutch lever foot peg bracket and new tires) he tells me i owe 25 dollars a day for storage for the whole time it has been there and i cant have my bike back until i pay it

BS in my opinion that is just shady and i am not the only one that has happened too my buddy had a wrecked bike took it up there and pulled the same storage

If you are gonna demand storage put it on the ticket plane and simple and dont sell peoples parts to other people because they really need it

that is my rant and it is not hear say it happened to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:12 PM   #19
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja View Post
To make it short and sweet and to the point I had my bike there to get repairs he wrote me out a service ticket for the repairs and the cost it had parts labor and that is it i signed it and told him to get to work he ordered the parts (supposed to be that day) 2 weeks to get the parts (only takes 5 to ship) then one of my parts got sold to another customer that was in desperate need of it (as if i wasnt) and then after it was all said and done when i finally get to go pick up my bike (keep in mind this is now 4 weeks later to replace clutch lever foot peg bracket and new tires) he tells me i owe 25 dollars a day for storage for the whole time it has been there and i cant have my bike back until i pay it

BS in my opinion that is just shady and i am not the only one that has happened too my buddy had a wrecked bike took it up there and pulled the same storage

If you are gonna demand storage put it on the ticket plane and simple and dont sell peoples parts to other people because they really need it

that is my rant and it is not hear say it happened to me
Thats fair enough, I be as if he didn't state the storage fee first. In fact, I'm going to ask him about it next time I run into him. ....

Every mom and pop shop charges storage fees. Did you know that?
If a certain someone (he know's who im taking about, gets on here and says other wise) I get my friends on here to drop their stories. An they have way more! So do I.

Advertisement