Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2016, 05:20 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Blind triathlete, guide prepare for weekend race

Brandon Adame and Jeff Gill spent Friday morning getting ready for a weekend triathlon.

Gill will sit up front.

Adame will ride on the back.

As they swim, bike and run together, Adame will see nothing.

He is a blind triathlete providing endless inspiration along the way, like in a recent race in Kemah.

"Before I actually jumped off of the boat we're saying, 'No way, I'm not going to jump off of the boat.' Then after I jumped off, then they said, 'Well Brandon can do it.' I might as well do it," Adame said.

The two spent Friday morning at Shama Cycles in Houston getting fit on a tandem bike for this weekend's Katy Triathlon in Gill's neighborhood in the Firethorne subdivision in west Katy.

It will be Gill's 388th triathlon.

"Believe it or not, the guides, and there are many of us, get more from being his guide than he gets from us. Of course, we are his eyes and ears and we make sure he runs a safe and fair race," Gill said.

Through voices in the crowd, Adame will see each and every spectator.

That sound, and guides like Gill, keep the 33-year-old going as they swim, bike and run this weekend.

"Wherever I go, it always seems to amaze me to have people come up to me and say what an inspiration I am to them," Adame said.

You can get involved in Adame's races, contact him or make a donation at

Blind20triathlete20pic 1475272976333 8086384 ver10 1280 720

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote