MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 07:46 AM   #41
slvr_surfr07

Feedback Rating: (0)

i just picked up a used freestyle cage for $100. as for the 12 o clock bar i was just gettin as a precautionary. i have been ridin for like 3 months and im already doing stand up on the freeway so if i fall at least my over paid bike is ok.
......and no i didnt get a good deal i paid 6500 with 8K miles and the mods were power commander, slip on, k&n, and HID

anyone know a good financial company to get a bike loan with :confused1eh ok credit:confused1
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Game footage of the guy that died at the Rangers game eltejano Off Topic 4 07-08-2011 09:42 PM
old popular arcade game. fighter plane game. slips my mind? AiJay Off Topic 19 11-04-2009 05:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #42
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Riding for 3 months...

Doing standups on the freeway...

Get your flame suit on dude, you're in for a bumpy ride!
Old 08-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #43
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

How about this. dont paint it because your just going to f*ck it up the way your riding and don't worry about that bike... It'll be around longer than you judging by your decisions your making about how to ride it. A cage doesn't save it on a highway drop it will just flip it and destroy everything worse than it falling on a frame slider.

Buy a 'busa and ride it with no gear... better yet jump off a bridge with a rock around your ankle and keep my insurance cheap.

For real, take MSF and spend your money on good gear. If you want to stunt, do it in a parking lot there are a ton of stunters on here.

Quit doing squid wheelies!

On public roads keep it on two wheels, don't be an @$$ hat or show off. I hope that isn't why you bought a cycle in the first place.

This one had it coming - This one found a vein
This one was an accident, but never gave me pain
This one was my fathers and This one you can't see
This one had me scared to death,
[U]But I guess I should be glad I'm not dead[/U]

Yes I am made of scars
That's what I'm made of!![/CENTER]
Old 08-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #44
andrave

if you want to stunt on it I seriously would not bother painting it since youre gonna be breaking anyway.

and I'd recommend learning your stunts someplace quiet and secluded and with lots of gear on and friends around to dial 911 just in case.
not on the freeway.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:41 PM   #45
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr_surfr07 View Post
i just picked up a used freestyle cage for $100. as for the 12 o clock bar i was just gettin as a precautionary. i have been ridin for like 3 months and im already doing stand up on the freeway so if i fall at least my over paid bike is ok.
......and no i didnt get a good deal i paid 6500 with 8K miles and the mods were power commander, slip on, k&n, and HID

anyone know a good financial company to get a bike loan with :confused1eh ok credit:confused1
If you want to get into stunting give Javi a call and stop by the garage. I dont think FI will hold up to any real falls but a lot of people buy them, I have one in the garage collecting dust. Retired it after it striped my motor mounts.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:07 AM   #46
slvr_surfr07

hey at least you guys care when i do bust my a$$ and freeway wheelies are rare and usually at night with no traffic.

I'm tryin to learn how to stunt on my own I know NO ONE how to teach me so I have to teach myself. and I'm not going to go out to ASI and embarrass myself with squid wheelies and bust my a$$ tryin to do slow stand up first gear wheelies.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #47
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr_surfr07 View Post
hey at least you guys care when i do bust my a$$ and freeway wheelies are rare and usually at night with no traffic.

I'm tryin to learn how to stunt on my own I know NO ONE how to teach me so I have to teach myself. and I'm not going to go out to ASI and embarrass myself with squid wheelies and bust my a$$ tryin to do slow stand up first gear wheelies.
night... then it's harder to see what is in front of you and horder for people to see you laying in the road if/when you crash.

and about embarrasing yourself... that's how everyione learns. go out there with the people that know how to do it, watch them, and ask them to help you. your learning curve goes up so much faster that way
Old 08-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #48
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Take the punches and roll with it man. Getting made fun of is just part of joining the group. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

It is better than eating pavement and then us hearing about it on the evening news.

Then we will really would make fun of you!

We want you to stay alive longer and also portray a good image of sport bikes, not the common squid the media makes us all look like.

This one had it coming - This one found a vein
This one was an accident, but never gave me pain
This one was my fathers and This one you can't see
This one had me scared to death,
[U]But I guess I should be glad I'm not dead[/U]

Yes I am made of scars
That's what I'm made of!![/CENTER]
Old 08-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #49
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years