MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
Need a hardwood floor refinished

I've got an origional hardwood floor in my house built in 1956. The planks are 3" and vary in length. I'd like it refinished. Anybody know anyone that could do such a job?

Britt
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hardwood Contractor Yamawhore Off Topic 2 12-23-2014 01:06 PM
The Amazing Floor patgsxr Off Topic 24 03-24-2011 07:33 AM
let the bodies hit the floor setfast Off Topic 23 12-17-2010 03:49 PM
Right off the dealership floor! hotnanas General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 10-12-2007 03:56 PM
BUTTERED FLOOR FastLine Off Topic 12 05-20-2007 02:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2007, 08:11 AM   #2
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
does the floor need to be installed or just portions of it replaced? I'm not undertanding the planks being 3". Are you talking about the length? I'm assuming you meant 3 feet. Anyhow, if the floor is installed and it just needs to be refinished, let me know. I have done 2 hardwood refinishing jobs. All of the supplies can be rented/bought at your local home depot. I think rental/supplies ran me about $300 to do 2 rooms that were about 12x16.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:17 AM   #3
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
The floor is installed and is origional from 1956. The planks are 3" wide, and vary in length from 6 to 10 feet. I'm thinking about going with a clear or really light finish because the current color makes the room look tiny.

Britt
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:42 AM   #4
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Heck, if the floors are already installed the job should be cake. If there was any type of carpet or linolium (sp?) that used an adhesive to keep it "down" you will need to buy some hardwood stripper (this gets rid of the glue, otherwise it will "gum" up the belt sander pads/orbital pads when heat is generated...this is also needed if the floor is finished already and the varnish needs to be taken up), rent the belt sander and literally shave 1/16-1/8 of inch off the top of the wood (any idea how thick the planks are?), vacuum the area really well and then take a tacky rag to pick up minute wood shavings that the vacuum didn't pick up. You can then choose the stain (if you choose to stain) color of your choice and apply to the floor. After the recommended drying time you can apply the varnish/sealer. I have pictures of the last job I did, but they are at home (and they aren't digital) and I can scan them and post 'em up tomorrow if you'd like. How soon are you looking to do this? I would be willing to do the job, for a small fee of course or I would be glad to help you get the supplies/tools needed to do it yourself. PM me if you are interested and maybe we could hook up sometime this weekend to look at the job.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement