MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2016, 08:25 PM   #101
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,700

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post
I think a minimal gear requirement isn't at all an insult or a hindrance to attracting a good amount of quality riders. No more tennis shoes...coughcough Toe
One freaking time.
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changes to my ride threads... Morgstang Events, Meets and Rides 76 04-24-2016 04:17 AM
Event ride/threads being moved to sponsors CaligoneTx Forum Updates & Feedback 21 07-21-2009 02:58 PM
two threads? 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 6 05-01-2009 05:33 PM
how many threads bunxx Off Topic 11 04-28-2009 12:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2016, 08:28 PM   #102
pinball
I got slow
 
pinball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,679

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2


Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)







Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgstang View Post
Youve talked me into it...come join us sat...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=342617
What? And run the risk of getting the first talkin' to? I don't think so.

Lol. Seriously, I would if I could, but I'll be playing in the hill country this weekend.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Shelnutt thinks mechanics should work for free
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-20-2016, 02:44 AM   #103
Morgstang
Senior Member
 
Morgstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brenham, Tx.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,512

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2008 ZX14



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
What? And run the risk of getting the first talkin' to? I don't think so.

Lol. Seriously, I would if I could, but I'll be playing in the hill country this weekend.
You never forget your first....lol

Have fun in the hill country...we will be there next month for vacation...
__________________
"King of Clean"
Morgstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-20-2016, 05:20 AM   #104
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,311

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by green600 View Post
Your buddy on that ride almost made an impression on a few riders that day.

Luckily he just made an impression on the high grass.

I'm ok not making an impression on you.

I ride my own ride, no ego to prove here just want to enjoy the time on two wheels.

Not trying to limbo fences, or get knee down you badass.
You didn't make an impression on me as a person either, forget the rider part.

You were nowhere around when he went into the grass. Congrats on making up.

If he was endangering riders, what did you say to him about it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"

Last edited by Bevo; 09-20-2016 at 06:10 AM.
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:22 AM   #105
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,311

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop View Post
Should have passed him on the outside on turn three behind the krogers if you wanted to reach that level of being able to talk about his son's unsafe riding
You and my son have something in common. Neither of you ride

Get the story straight, dumbass
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:36 AM   #106
green600
HG Chairperson
 
green600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 77045
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,191

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
You didn't make an impression on me as a person either, forget the rider part.

You were nowhere around when he went into the grass. Congrats on making up.

If he was endangering riders, what did you say to him about it?
I'd hope not we've never spoken that would be strange. Oh that hurt......

Actually I was a few bikes behind him when he went into the grass on 362 and I saw him act an on RR (he wasn't the only one though) in the fog none the less. Another rider almost met the front end of a truck trying to pass in turns and in the fog right in front of me.

I was kind of surprised someone would brush off all the near misses and continue to ride like they have something to prove. I left, I didn't want to be a part of any of it after riding down RR in the fog with everyone trying to get to the front like it was a trophied race not a group ride.

I heard he had one more incident after that as well.
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.

Last edited by green600; 09-20-2016 at 06:38 AM.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-20-2016, 06:52 AM   #107
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,311

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by green600 View Post
I'd hope not we've never spoken that would be strange. Oh that hurt......

Actually I was a few bikes behind him when he went into the grass on 362
Ah, so I guess you must be socially awkward because you have a lot of to say on MH. What did you say to all these dangerous riders when the entire group stopped at the gas station in Brookshire before they got on 362?

You did not see him go into the grass. You and the group were way the behind. We left RR before the group did. I was off my bike waiting for the group to show up and signalling everyone to slow down when he was in the grass.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:54 AM   #108
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,555

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Now he remembers you
__________________
Give me liberty, or give me death!
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:57 AM   #109
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,311

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop View Post
Now he remembers you
Uh, I do not.

I remember what the group did and where the group was. Funny this loud mouth has plenty to say as a poster, but doesn't have to say to riders, especially when he's "witnessing" dangerous behavior and has plenty of opportunity to say something to them in person.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:03 AM   #110
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,555

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Uh, I do not.

I remember what the group did and where the group was. Funny this loud mouth has plenty to say as a poster, but doesn't have to say to riders, especially when he's "witnessing" dangerous behavior and has plenty of opportunity to say something to them in person.
He would have had to catch up to the podium guys to say something. Not really worth it if the ride leaders are going along with the shenanigans
__________________
Give me liberty, or give me death!
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:34 AM   #111
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,311

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop View Post
He would have had to catch up to the podium guys to say something. Not really worth it if the ride leaders are going along with the shenanigans
Wrong. The entire group had an extended unscheduled stop at the gas station in Brookshire after it had finished with RR. Again, the middle school gossip that you rely on for a lot of your info is incorrect.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #112
HondaTrvlr
Just Like Herpes
 
HondaTrvlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,027


Bike(s):
A Few









Quote:
Originally Posted by green600 View Post
I'd hope not we've never spoken that would be strange. Oh that hurt......

Actually I was a few bikes behind him when he went into the grass on 362 and I saw him act an on RR (he wasn't the only one though) in the fog none the less. Another rider almost met the front end of a truck trying to pass in turns and in the fog right in front of me.

I was kind of surprised someone would brush off all the near misses and continue to ride like they have something to prove. I left, I didn't want to be a part of any of it after riding down RR in the fog with everyone trying to get to the front like it was a trophied race not a group ride.

I heard he had one more incident after that as well.
Ok, need to ask. What ride was this? Who was the organizer? When did this take place?

Bevo might be grumpy online, but a straight shooter in person. The rides I've joined with him, everyone was behaved and rode within limits. Don't think he would have an issue handling a problem rider IN PERSON and Confidentially.
HondaTrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-20-2016, 07:38 AM   #113
green600
HG Chairperson
 
green600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 77045
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,191

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Ah, so I guess you must be socially awkward because you have a lot of to say on MH. What did you say to all these dangerous riders when the entire group stopped at the gas station in Brookshire before they got on 362?

You did not see him go into the grass. You and the group were way the behind. We left RR before the group did. I was off my bike waiting for the group to show up and signalling everyone to slow down when he was in the grass.
Why rain on everyone's good time?

Easier to just leave.

There was not 1 person acting a fool so the easiest thing to do it just leave.

Well I remember leaving shortly after you left the shell in the triangle with a few others and seeing him go off from down that stretch of road. I was back a ways but definitely saw it.

And I own awkward old man.
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #114
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,311

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaTrvlr View Post
Ok, need to ask. What ride was this? Who was the organizer? When did this take place?

Bevo might be grumpy online, but a straight shooter in person. The rides I've joined with him, everyone was behaved and rode within limits. Don't think he would have an issue handling a problem rider IN PERSON and Confidentially.
The rider that organized the RR to the Waller County Line BBQ portion of the ride no longer lives in Texas. This ride happened years ago and we did run into fog on RR.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:42 AM   #115
green600
HG Chairperson
 
green600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 77045
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,191

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaTrvlr View Post
Ok, need to ask. What ride was this? Who was the organizer? When did this take place?

Bevo might be grumpy online, but a straight shooter in person. The rides I've joined with him, everyone was behaved and rode within limits. Don't think he would have an issue handling a problem rider IN PERSON and Confidentially.
I had been on two other rides with him when he was more of the organizer and did NOT play out like that ride. The other two were great and he most definitely went over rules etc.

I think the person that organized that ride is not online anymore.
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #116
HondaTrvlr
Just Like Herpes
 
HondaTrvlr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,027


Bike(s):
A Few









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
The rider that organized the RR to the Waller County Line BBQ portion of the ride no longer lives in Texas. This ride happened years ago and we did run into fog on RR.
Years ago? Ok, thanks for clarify. Sounded like a recent event.
HondaTrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:54 AM   #117
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,311

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by green600 View Post
Why rain on everyone's good time?

Easier to just leave.

There was not 1 person acting a fool so the easiest thing to do it just leave.

Well I remember leaving shortly after you left the shell in the triangle with a few others and seeing him go off from down that stretch of road. I was back a ways but definitely saw it.

And I own awkward old man.
Like you, that excuse is weak sauce. You have plenty to say here, but don't have the decency to point out "dangerous" riding to anyone in person. You don't have to broadcast it, just pull the ride leader aside or the rider you had an issue with and have a face to face. It doesn't have to be a confrontation, just tell them what you witnessed.

You did not see him run off. I'm the only one that saw it, besides the rider himself. I was off my bike waiting for the group to show up. He went off on a left hand sweeper which was past the first right hand sweeper. I had to wave the group down because they were hauling through that same turn.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:02 AM   #118
green600
HG Chairperson
 
green600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 77045
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,191

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Like you, that excuse is weak sauce. You have plenty to say here, but don't have the decency to point out "dangerous" riding to anyone in person. You don't have to broadcast it, just pull the ride leader aside or the rider you had an issue with and have a face to face. It doesn't have to be a confrontation, just tell them what you witnessed.

You did not see him run off. I'm the only one that saw it, besides the rider himself. I was off my bike waiting for the group to show up. He went off on a left hand sweeper which was past the first right hand sweeper. I had to wave the group down because they were hauling through that same turn.
People can ride however they chose maybe to them it was a safe fun time.

If that ride wasn't caos I may have just talked to someone but that ride was nothing like that.

I'm sure you told him something after each incident as you brought him.

Skillet/weaksauce
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.

Last edited by green600; 09-20-2016 at 08:09 AM.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:08 AM   #119
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,311

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by green600 View Post
People can ride however they chose maybe to them it was a safe fun time.

If that ride wasn't caos I may have just talked to someone but that ride was nothing like that.

I'm sure you told him something after each incident as you brought him.
I didn't bring him. The ride was posted. Your memory is failing you and that ride wasn't chaotic. If I witnessed anyone putting another at risk I would have sure had something to say, just like you have plenty of to post. Change your username to weakgreensauce.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:10 AM   #120
green600
HG Chairperson
 
green600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 77045
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,191

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Can I go with weaksalsaverde? I can dig that even more then skillet.


Hard the see caos when your are way up in the front the whole time.
__________________
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy