MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2016, 06:01 PM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Homecoming king crowns friend with cerebral palsy

Max Akin, a quarterback at Dallas' Keller Fossil Ridge High School, didn't think he ought to be crowned homecoming king.

There was someone else who was more deserving in his eyes.

So during a halftime homecoming ceremony last weekend, Akin did something selfless.

He turned to his friend and team manager K.L. Norwood, knelt on one knee and presented him the crown.

The crowd erupted in cheers.

K.L., who has cerebral palsy, was also a nominee for the title.

"I was lucky enough to acknowledge the fact that K.L. deserved it in the first place," Max told CNN. "K.L. is the most positive person you'd ever meet."

"What I did wasn't as admirable as how K.L. treats everyone," he said. "Loving everybody and having a heart like K.L. is what really matters in this world."

Max said K.L.'s response almost moved him to tears.

"He started crying, which made me want to cry," he said. "But I told him, 'Hey, I still have to get out there and play in the 3rd quarter."

Fossil Ridge went on to win 40-12.

closeup20of20football20laces 86650 3730018 ver10 1280 720

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote