MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2016, 09:46 AM   #41
pinball
I got slow

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider77 View Post
And I think you are talking about a coolant temp sensor. A thermostat is a solid piece composed of brass metal and rubber that opens to allow coolant flow when engine reaches operating temp...

, man...you sure got me on that one. Quick question...what's brass metal? Oh...you probably meant brass, metal, and rubber. In either case, I guess you were so worried about correcting my statement about the wire that you didn't realize that brass IS a metal.
pinball is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aftermarket cosmetics Eric0827 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 02-17-2015 03:13 AM
aftermarket seats. dinogt General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 10-01-2013 06:36 AM
Aftermarket Mods mrwoodydropa Performance and Modifications 4 03-22-2013 11:52 PM
z1000 aftermarket? Dreamer!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 01-21-2009 12:06 AM
Aftermarket for my bike Dreamer!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 06-11-2008 08:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2016, 10:27 AM   #42
Truckin_Thumper

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

Honda dood (Not Bevo ) just doesn't grasp how tech can assist in making bikes better.
F.I. made those long trips much more fun. Having to crank up the idle when living @ sea level, then riding to the mountains, much more fun.

LED driving lights: I can see all kinds of stuff when I am getting stoopit at night.

GPS.....thats all that needs to be said.

As for TMPS.......lets take my Tiger 1050 for example. Sometimes I am loaded down with two boxes and camping gear, I can set my pressure at 33 psi, when it heats up it sets right at 37 psi and stays there, when riding "naked" I may set the psi at 35, holds steady at 38 psi in the summer, and maybe at 36 psi in winter.
I would not have that advantage without my Fobo. I can now get an extra 1000 miles out of my round rubber things.....not my , Urban...besides they are SolRacers, I am just storing them so his wife unit does not find out.

To call someone lazy, especially here, where we all actually RIDE on a pretty regular basis, is just pure ignorance. Most of the people here I would, or have, ride with, are very skilled and knowledgeable ( about stupid crotch rockets anyways) about what they are doing. Except for some water crossings, those kick a few peoples ' around here

The side note on the TPMS is I dont need to keep a gauge, even if another rider wants to check his/hers, I can just swap it out and let him know.

Thats all I gotta say about that.

thats all i dysm8u
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement