MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
gsxrboi

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Gsxr600

I need to refinance my bike HELP if you can

anyone know any place that gives a good finance rate? I financed my bike at a very high rate because of my credit and my wife wasnt willing to help at the time because she didnt want me to get a bike so I got it anyway lol but now that I have it she will help me refinance and she has good credit let me know if you know or if you got a good rate yourself and where thanks
gsxrboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday 4/01 Bike ride to Deer Park's Bike Show, then Galveston! GixxerLizzy Events, Meets and Rides 7 04-08-2012 07:38 PM
Friday night group ride HOOTErS ;)!! Discuss bike possible bike club skullrider Events, Meets and Rides 7 03-23-2012 06:27 PM
Refinance mortgage - know of someone trustworthy? Wideout Off Topic 7 08-27-2011 07:11 PM
Friend wanting a liter bike for first street bike *long convo inside* AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 08-08-2006 12:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

your prolly better off, just getting a personnal loan and paying off the bike. but prolonging your note on a high-deprecitating asset like a bike is a bad idea.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #3
Eric Martinez
Big E

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrboi View Post
anyone know any place that gives a good finance rate? I financed my bike at a very high rate because of my credit and my wife wasnt willing to help at the time because she didnt want me to get a bike so I got it anyway lol but now that I have it she will help me refinance and she has good credit let me know if you know or if you got a good rate yourself and where thanks
Shell Fedreal Credit Uinion has great rates....Tell them Eric Martinez sent you I bank there and there rates are super....
Eric Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:51 AM   #4
gsxrboi

Bike(s):
Gsxr600

thanks
gsxrboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:58 AM   #5
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

get theft insurance, then go visit some friends in clear lake that live in an apartment, anyone will probably do.
problem solved in prolly an hour or less.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:10 AM   #6
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
I did the same thing and financed through Yamaha's sucky credit card thing at 19% APR. I'm refinancing right now through Rightchoice credit union ( Its Halliburton's credit union ) at 7.5%

Britt
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #7
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Martinez View Post
Shell Fedreal Credit Uinion has great rates....Tell them Eric Martinez sent you I bank there and there rates are super....
They do have awesome rates (7% signature) but you can't open an account there unless you or a family member works for shell, right?

I still have a used car loan at 3.25% that's almost paid off but I'm making more on the money in an ING account so I'm not paying it off early.
Drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #8
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

3.25 on a used car loan? dayum! that's low isn't it? most are like 6ish i thought.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 AM   #9
GHOSTRIDER

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000>>> sold sold>>> no bike
08 CBR1000RR

yea i bank at shell federal credit union they have great rates!!!! It is free to sign up for a account.Give them a call.
GHOSTRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #10
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
your prolly better off, just getting a personnal loan and paying off the bike. but prolonging your note on a high-deprecitating asset like a bike is a bad idea.
+1

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #11
Jon

Bike(s):
MV Agusta

your best bet would probably be Johnson Space Center FCU
good rates and if credits something to worry about they tend to be a bit more lax
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #12
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Houston Federal Credit Union (HFCU) is also someone you can talk to. They got very decent rates.

I'd try a signature loan first and if not, then do the motorcycle itself.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #13
HellFroze
WhoCalledThisMeeting?

Bike(s):
SOLD --> '02 R6

0% Credit Card

If your wife has "really" good credit, have her apply for a zero percent, for a year, credit card... that way you're not paying interest. Then in a year, if you still haven't paid it off, transfer to another zero percent credit card. My wife and I get these zero percent card offers on a daily basis... so, that's what we do when we make big purchases. (we both have excellent credit, tho)... Just suggestion...

Edit: Oh, and if you want to improve "your" credit, have her add you as a co-signer... (make sure to not default tho)

Last edited by HellFroze; 08-08-2007 at 10:56 AM.
HellFroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #14
Greg in H-town

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'07 ZZR600

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you can pay off the existing loan by transferring it to an unsecured line of credit (signature loan, credit card, etc.) then you won't have to carry collision insurance anymore. The collision part of your policy is by far the biggest chunk - call your insurance company and check it out.

This is risky, but if you get liability and theft only, and try not to wreck the fugger for a while, you'll probably be saving something like $75-$100 a month on insurance premiums. You can take the money saved in insurance payments and apply that to additional payments on the principal balance, and if you get a lower interest rate by refinancing then you get it off the books even quicker.

Don't get too caught up in worrying about interest rates; at the loan amount you're likely dealing with, the interest rate is not killing you. Yeah, if you look at the total owed over the life of the loan, then yeah it makes a big difference, but month to month it ain't that much. As an example, if you owed $8k for the next three years, dropping your interest rate by 10%, say from 19% to 9% (which is unrealistic), it would lower your payments by $39 a month. Just changing to an unsecured loan and dropping collision would save you a lot more.
Greg in H-town is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement