MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Daily Craig: Bear down

As a kid I was a Bears fan. I DIDN'T THINK any other team in the NFL existed. I watched and listened to all their games. Red Grange was the analyst for crying out loud. He said things like "I shudder when I see those flat passes". Jack Brickhouse did the Bears games on WGN RADIO from 1955-1977. He was better known as the Cubs play by play guy from 1948-1981. I sat in the booth with him for a Cubs game in 1972. It is still one of the all-time highlights of my career. Jack did the Bears games with Sun Times columnist Irv Kupcinet. Irv had a TV show on one of the Chicago channels. He was an unlikely football analyst. One time I heard him say the following. "The Bears punt and it goes into the stands right near Carol Channing in the fifth row. CAROL will be a guest on my TV SHOW tonight at 10" I couldn't believe how lame that promo was.

After my tour of duty with the Marines I MOVED TO CHICAGO and a friend had all kinds of tickets to Bears games. The tickets were given to the Bears wives. Being the true Chicagoans they were, they sold the tickets. I watched GALE SAYERS and company for three years in the wives section of Wrigley Field.

Now, almost 100 years later I have no idea who does the Bears play-by-play and I am hoping the Texans clean their clock. I don't even know who the TEXANS WIVES ARE. See you on Sunday.

Daily20Craig20NEW 1456256896561 2282314 ver10 1280 720

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement