MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2016, 01:44 PM   #21
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Harley's suck! You'd never catch me riding one...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I am not a huge fan of harley dudes attitudes 675Raisinator Taking it to the Track 40 05-14-2012 02:35 PM
I like dudes. Just sayin...... bluewave18 Off Topic 46 03-19-2011 07:49 PM
crazy as$ dudes miguel!! Stunters Lounge 2 11-12-2009 10:19 PM
Courtney is out with 5 dudes right now. Solracer Off Topic 43 10-17-2008 02:28 PM
These dudes got skilllzzz DvlRacer General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 09-29-2007 09:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2016, 01:47 PM   #22
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
you are terrible.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #23
Rttoys
Insurance poor

Bike(s):
99 Ducati 996s
07 Yamaha FZ1
14 Yamaha TW200
13 Kawasaki 300se
08 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post

I was sitting on the side the road taking a break in the hillcountry with some harley friends of mine. A group of hawgs turned the corner and decided to deafen us with their pipes as they went by. I had to say when they went by "alll that racket and no go and still super slow."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Harley-Davidson--Demotivational-Posters.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	94419  
Old 09-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #24
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rttoys View Post
Old 09-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #25
Chris01

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2012 Harley Davidson FLHX
2008 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite01 View Post
^This!!!

I never argue the point of whats better or worse with people. For a couple of reasons. First... does no good. They will believe what they want to believe no matter what I say. Second... Whats right for you, may not be right for me! As long as you aren't spending my money to ride a your bike then its no skin off my back. I don't care if you ride a busa or a harley. Its all about you and what you like, since its your pocketbook.
This ^^^
Ride what you want. I am not particularly fond of Goldwings- don't like the way they look... To each his own.
Harleys rep on reliability is based on pre-EVO bikes. Now days they are just as reliable as most anything.
I know one thing- you sure see alot of them out on the road.
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #26
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris01 View Post
This ^^^
Ride what you want. I am not particularly fond of Goldwings- don't like the way they look... To each his own.
Harleys rep on reliability is based on pre-EVO bikes. Now days they are just as reliable as most anything.
I know one thing- you sure see alot of them out on the road.
to tell you the truth I don't like the "looks" of the goldwing either. but I don't ride it for looks. I think people are too hung up on looks. What I care is the power that has and how it can turn and stop almost like a sportbike. It's got a stereo that is loud as at 100mph and it's got enough storage to ride a week for two without smelling to bad. It's also got an adjustable wind shield, cruise control, adj ride height by a button, and crazy comfort out of the ying yang.

I swear when I ride with my sportbike friends in the hill country towards the end of the day they are wore out tired and their is hurting and I'm fine riding that cushy .

Again a bike is a bike not a girl it doesn't have to be that goodlooking to ride it. I use to care about what others thought about my bike now I just care what I think about it.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #27
FXDS1340

Bike(s):
2006 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
HD Evo in Paughco Rigid Frame

I don't really argue with the pirate crowd... don't have time. For the last couple years I rode a hot rod evo dyna all over the SE portion of the U.S. No it wasn't slow, and I had more lean angle than I had tread on the tires. Tall/skinny fast harleys are fun, but it can only be found in sporties, FXR's, and dyna's, which the pirate softail riding crowd will have nothing to do with.

I'm just a motorcyclist... I like all of them.
FXDS1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:50 PM   #28
Stevieboy

Bike(s):
1997 FZR600-Thanks Nick 2015 RC390 2007 R6s 2000 RS50 2009RS125
Three FZR400 all sold
2000 R1 sold
2005 R6 sold
1995 ZX-7 sold

I never argue with Harley people. You cant compare motorcycles with farm implements.
Stevieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #29
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BeastMaster View Post
Arguing with a Harley owner over stuff like that is kind of like arguing with a Trump supporter over politics. So, yea just agree and feel better than them for knowing the real truth.

Like what? Hilary isn't a criminal?
Old 09-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #30
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXDS1340 View Post
I don't really argue with the pirate crowd... don't have time. For the last couple years I rode a hot rod evo dyna all over the SE portion of the U.S. No it wasn't slow, and I had more lean angle than I had tread on the tires. Tall/skinny fast harleys are fun, but it can only be found in sporties, FXR's, and dyna's, which the pirate softail riding crowd will have nothing to do with.

I'm just a motorcyclist... I like all of them.
when you say a hotrod dyna did you fix it up or are you saying it was fast stock. See my big ole goldwing has got 115hp STOCK.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:54 PM   #31
rccarlson22

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650

Harleys blur a lot of people's reality, it's a phenomena really
rccarlson22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:54 PM   #32
FXDS1340

Bike(s):
2006 Suzuki V-Strom 1000

Quote:
when you say a hotrod dyna did you fix it up or are you saying it was fast stock. See my big ole goldwing has got 115hp STOCK.
Your big old gold wing also has several hundred more CC's and 4 more cylinders stock over an 80" evo too. No my bike wasn't stock. Head work, cam, the whole 9 yards. It would pull the front tire thru 3rd gear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10891484_10205602722088651_1253917043482026497_n.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	94422  
Old 09-06-2016, 05:03 PM   #33
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Your big old gold wing also has several hundred more CC's and 4 more cylinders stock over an 80" evo too. No my bike wasn't stock. Head work, cam, the whole 9 yards. It would pull the front tire thru 3rd gear.
so what if my goldwing has several hundred more cc's and 4 more cyclinders it came that way from the FACTORY STOCK. Harley could put more cc's and cyclinders in there bikes but they don't need to because the cult is strong and harley owners will keep buying antiquated . Or people like you that can't handle performance spends money fixing it up.

Btw my goldwing can wheelie in 1st with POWER no clutch.

Btw you have nice bike there at least you made it have some ummmff.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #34
FXDS1340

Bike(s):
2006 Suzuki V-Strom 1000

Quote:
so what if my goldwing has several hundred more cc's and 4 more cyclinders it came that way from the FACTORY STOCK. Harley could put more cc's and cyclinders in there bikes but they don't need to because the cult is strong and harley owners will keep buying antiquated . Or people like you that can't handle performance spends money fixing it up.

Btw my goldwing can wheelie in 1st with POWER no clutch.

Btw you have nice bike there at least you made it have some ummmff.
performance? In all honesty, Harley Davidson's in their stock form/power work fine for what they do. For the most part they're not performance bikes and they're not made to be, regardless of what most owners think. There is no reason one can't jump on a stock 103" Twin Cam or one of the new Milwaukee 8's and ride it across the country, ride it to work, run errands, whatever. It's a different bike for a different purpose.

There is a feeling of excitement that a 100+hp shovelhead or evo has that no other motorcycle can replicate. It's akin to an old muscle car with a monster V8 in it I guess. No it's not the fastest and no it doesn't handle the best, but it's still fun. It is what it is, some like it, some don't, and that's fine. I honestly don't care... I just want to ride my motorcycles and not be lumped into any group. I get made fun of on my Harley and my V-strom, when in reality neither of those people realize I would help them in a heart beat if they were on the side of the road regardless of what machine they're on.

BTW, my Harley will power wheelie in 1st with no clutch either.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #35
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post
Harleys blur a lot of people's reality, it's a phenomena really
How about we fire up the ducs grab some hundys and go smoke Skeletors , then have a night at the Ol titty club on him? What do ya say....
Old 09-06-2016, 05:52 PM   #36
rccarlson22

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
How about we fire up the ducs grab some hundys and go smoke Skeletors , then have a night at the Ol titty club on him? What do ya say....
I saw you quoted and I'm like "wow I'm a hypocrite", my Duc has blurred my reality severely!!

I'm down I need to show her more love.

and on skeletor? Yes please
rccarlson22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:05 PM   #37
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
performance? In all honesty, Harley Davidson's in their stock form/power work fine for what they do. For the most part they're not performance bikes and they're not made to be, regardless of what most owners think. There is no reason one can't jump on a stock 103" Twin Cam or one of the new Milwaukee 8's and ride it across the country, ride it to work, run errands, whatever. It's a different bike for a different purpose.

There is a feeling of excitement that a 100+hp shovelhead or evo has that no other motorcycle can replicate. It's akin to an old muscle car with a monster V8 in it I guess. No it's not the fastest and no it doesn't handle the best, but it's still fun. It is what it is, some like it, some don't, and that's fine. I honestly don't care... I just want to ride my motorcycles and not be lumped into any group. I get made fun of on my Harley and my V-strom, when in reality neither of those people realize I would help them in a heart beat if they were on the side of the road regardless of what machine they're on.

BTW, my Harley will power wheelie in 1st with no clutch either.
but mine is stock. but btw I would help you to if you are on the side road broke down which there are better odds you would be
Old 09-06-2016, 06:10 PM   #38
FXDS1340

Bike(s):
2006 Suzuki V-Strom 1000

Quote:
but mine is stock. but btw I would help you to if you are on the side road broke down which there are better odds you would be
You know, that bike has never left me on the side of the road ever. Now, I've broken a lot of stock parts due to old age, or the fact that the stock parts can't handle the amount of power it's putting out, but it's never failed to get me home. I blew my clutch basket up a year ago on a clutch up wheelie in 3rd gear. The stupid spring plate they put in the basket to make the clutch pull easier came apart. Was able to salvage the basket though. I did have an incident coming back from Gainesville, FL last year where the float needle took a on me and I was having to fill the bowl up, and then shut the gas off all the way up I-75 and down I-10 because it wasn't doing it's job. When I got home and took it out it was hard as a rock. $5 bucks later I was on the road again.

In fact, I recently quasi sold this bike to a friend of mine, and it left him on the side of the road. He took the brand new Harley battery out of it that I put in it a year ago and put a drag specialties battery in it. When we got it back to Houston it didn't have any water in it.
Liked this post:
Old 09-06-2016, 06:12 PM   #39
Reaper81
Keyboard Racer

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)

I had a sportster and put 20,000 on it in a year with no issues rain or shine. My dad drag raced and daily rode a built up sportster running low 12s for a year with no problem, he raced and daily road a superglide running low 12s for 2 years with no issues. Both bikes ate 600s for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Are they the fastest stock? Nope. Are they the coolest looking? Nope. Do some people go overboard with hd items? Yep. The thing is everyone has a option on what they can ride now and we are not limited on choices so make yours. Me i want a Busa and a 110" streetbob
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:27 PM   #40
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Like what? Hilary isn't a criminal?
They are all criminals. Problem is that no one is able to hold them accountable.

Advertisement