MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2016, 06:45 PM   #1
Jason_Canuck
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,829

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one








Lien Check

Can an individual request a lien check from the DMV or is it reserved for businesses? I called title place here in Louisiana and they said they couldn't help me. Was wondering if its the same back in Texas.
__________________
Vegans are eating the solution to global warming!
Jason_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it legal to sell a motorcycle that a lien on? bcompton General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 01-06-2014 11:41 AM
Buying a bike with a lien from HSBC exalted512 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 01-13-2012 06:59 PM
Mechanical Lien? yellowjacket General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 09-20-2010 10:33 AM
Lien on an Abandoned Trailer? DvlRacer Off Topic 4 11-15-2009 06:55 PM
Need Help With Lien Dreamer!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 08-01-2008 01:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2016, 08:45 PM   #2
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Canuck View Post
Can an individual request a lien check from the DMV or is it reserved for businesses? I called title place here in Louisiana and they said they couldn't help me. Was wondering if its the same back in Texas.
You Noob! get off your moms .
http://txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or...before-you-buy

Title Check – Look before you buy

Welcome to Title Check!

Here you can select an approved provider to check the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the vehicle you want to purchase to find out if it is salvaged, rebuilt, or was damaged in a flood. This is one of the most important steps you can take to protect yourself before making your purchase.

Here's what you do to complete a Title Check:
1.Get the VIN of the vehicle you want to buy.
2.Have your credit card available.
3.Select one of the approved providers below. Prices begin at only a couple dollars so you may want to shop the vendors before making a selection. Be sure to note what is offered for the price.
4.Follow the steps to obtain the report.

The VIN is run through the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS), a national consumer protection database that provides title information from states across the country. Whether you are buying from a local dealer, individual or eyeing a vehicle from an online auction website, it will help you to know what you are buying before you pay any money or sign any paperwork for the vehicle.

A report from the NMVTIS database gives you the vehicle’s title history, which includes whether the vehicle was ever in the possession of a junk or salvage yard or declared a “total loss” by an insurance company.

Protect your title, Texas.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:22 AM   #3
Jason_Canuck
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,829

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one








Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
You Noob! get off your moms .
http://txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or...before-you-buy

Title Check – Look before you buy

Welcome to Title Check!

Here you can select an approved provider to check the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the vehicle you want to purchase to find out if it is salvaged, rebuilt, or was damaged in a flood. This is one of the most important steps you can take to protect yourself before making your purchase.

Here's what you do to complete a Title Check:
1.Get the VIN of the vehicle you want to buy.
2.Have your credit card available.
3.Select one of the approved providers below. Prices begin at only a couple dollars so you may want to shop the vendors before making a selection. Be sure to note what is offered for the price.
4.Follow the steps to obtain the report.

The VIN is run through the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS), a national consumer protection database that provides title information from states across the country. Whether you are buying from a local dealer, individual or eyeing a vehicle from an online auction website, it will help you to know what you are buying before you pay any money or sign any paperwork for the vehicle.

A report from the NMVTIS database gives you the vehicle’s title history, which includes whether the vehicle was ever in the possession of a junk or salvage yard or declared a “total loss” by an insurance company.

Protect your title, Texas.
Notice I didn't ask about title history or theft or total loss, I asked specifically about lien. Thanks.
__________________
Vegans are eating the solution to global warming!
Jason_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:11 AM   #4
Japawhat02
02 Tona
 
Japawhat02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: P-land
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,939

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona









Well vin check would be a start. It will tell you if there is a lien on it. From there im not sure, I would call the DMV.
__________________
2002 Brittish Rocket
Japawhat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:28 AM   #5
Jason_Canuck
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,829

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one








Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
Well vin check would be a start. It will tell you if there is a lien on it. From there im not sure, I would call the DMV.
Does something like CarFax provide this information? I normally only run VINs through NTSB but that only covers theft, total loss, flood which for this circumstance all came back good.
__________________
Vegans are eating the solution to global warming!
Jason_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:21 AM   #6
Jason_Canuck
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,829

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one








Going to buy a report and see what happens.
__________________
Vegans are eating the solution to global warming!
Jason_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:28 AM   #7
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,876

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


send me the vin.
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:46 AM   #8
Jason_Canuck
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,829

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one








Thanks Chris but another member offered the help. Thanks again MH.
__________________
Vegans are eating the solution to global warming!
Jason_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy