MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
SRADkneedragger

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 GSXR-750
RZ-350
86 GSXR-750 Limited
916SPS
RC-51

Cop Hunters and Politics

In response to these threads I would like to offer a little advice:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19907
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33935
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33425

A few years ago we had some guys here we called the "Cop Hunters" they would intentionally go out and break the traffic laws in front of Cops and then run. They had taillight cutouts and obscured plates, and it was all fun and games until the Cops started coming down on EVERYONE.
Well here we are 15 years later and it's the same scenario all over again. Squids, Street Racers and Street Stunters are bringing undue attention on normal legitimate riders. Obviously you can't make all the Idiots behave. What you can do on the other hand is start:
#1 Policing your own. Make sure the guys in YOUR group are NOT doing the kinds of things that bring the Cops down on everyone.
#2 Start disassociating with the riders that cause problems.
#3 Start taking your ILLEGAL activities off of PUBLIC streets(race outside of town, stunt in an empty closed parking lot) go so far as to get the owners written consent.
#4 Work with local Business owners or Managers to gain protection FROM the Cop!! How you ask? Simple approach local Businesses with this approach" I'll bring you WELL BEHAVED patrons Who will eat and drink here every week in return you tell the Cops we are YOUR customers and we don't have to leave. "
Believe me this can and does work! We have a local StarBucks and a Town and Country Convience Store that have both defended us to the Cops numerous times. Officer Stempke arrives in full on harassment mode tells us to leave immediately Manager comes out says these are my customers and you are disrupting my business. Officer Stempke slinks away!

Now this is the hardest one of all!

#5 Build bridges with the local Law Enforcement Agencies! Believe it or not most Cops are not Asshats they are normal people trying to maintain some degree of safety and law and order. Treat these guys(and Gals) with some respect and honesty and they are apt to do the same. Always take time to talk to them acknowledge them even work with them, and they are apt to do the same. If you are in an empty parking lot stunting and they come to harass, Don't run, stop and talk. Reason with them "hey we are HERE NOT out on the street!" "Do YOU have any suggestions as to where we should go to do this?" Even if you have to use unfair tactics,,,, "Why yes that video camera IS on and we ARE taping this conversation"
Guys it takes months and years of hard work to get along with the Cops and only one ASSHAT on either side of the badge to ruin it so you have to constantly work at keeping good relations. Remember WE can't win they have the badge the gun and the TICKET BOOK! So the best option is to try to get along with these guys. Granted some Cops are just Dicks and will write you for anything, but if all of your is legal,,,,
The Cops here go from being totally intollerant to being pretty cool depending solely on the # of squids they have run in one week. Recently a local Squid who has caused several problems drove by StarBucks spuniit up then around the corner down a block and ran a red light. A cop saw him turn the corner and run the red light. When the Cop tried to stop him he ran. Well,,, guess where the Cop goes? STRAIGHT TO STARBUCKS where most of the SportBikes hang out! Well we told him in no uncertain terms we DON'T run EVER! and would rather have a ticket than a FELONY charge(yes its a FELONY to run in TEXAS now!) AND THEN PROCEEDED TO GIVE HIM A GENERAL IDEA WHERE THE OFFENDING DOUCHEBAG COULD BE FOUND. Snitches? Narcs? Think about it this way:
His own selfish behavior(running from the Cop to avoid a ticket) caused us undue pressure from same Cop as he rolled up on us with an accusatory attitude. Douchebag didn't care and or think about the repercussions for himself or others only saving his pocket book from a $150 ticket. So if the Douchebag has no more consideration for us than that why should we lie to the very same Cop who is harassing us for HIS behavior?
It's not that hard to be PROACTIVE and get along with these guys speak to them first be friendly polite be sure to put forth the point that you want to part of the solution not the problem.
We have been caught drag racing and doing top speed runs numerous times,, OUT IN THE COUNTY and when stopped we make the point that we bring it out of town to desolate roads away from traffic. And the LEO's usually agree and let you off with that ok behave attitude. My suggestion,,,, try to work with these people not against them.
SRAD
SRADkneedragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone other hunters? CUSTOM ZX-14 Off Topic 33 11-08-2013 09:56 AM
turkey hunters? tonyt915 Off Topic 8 03-19-2009 03:02 PM
For the Hunters tonyt915 Off Topic 47 12-02-2008 11:52 AM
Any bird hunters? tonyt915 Off Topic 38 10-16-2008 03:59 PM
***Bow Hunters*** recbr83 Off Topic 4 02-11-2008 06:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
None

I agree - all that needs to be said

-daniel
Dear Friend, First i must solicit for your strictest confidence in this transaction and I pray that my decision to contact you will be given genuine approval considering the fact that we have not know each other before. Your urgent response is highly needed. -Kraelo
kraelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #3
gix1k

Bike(s):
GSXR600 Yamaha Roadstar Ducati 848 2009 GSXR1000 Sold

^^^^^ well said totally agree I've gotten out of a few tickets just by pulling over and being respecful even if the cop had a little attitude.
gix1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #4
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

The few times I have been stopped in the past couple years, as soon as I pull off the helmet they say "whoa, aren't you a little old for this?"

And then we get along fine! LOL!!!!!!!!!!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #5
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

haha tex !.....

that's cheating dude, i'd pull off my helmet and ask why i'm wearing a Harley (sturgis) t-shirt on a sport bike ... lol

-daniel
Dear Friend, First i must solicit for your strictest confidence in this transaction and I pray that my decision to contact you will be given genuine approval considering the fact that we have not know each other before. Your urgent response is highly needed. -Kraelo
Old 08-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #6
gixxerjoe
Who needs 2 hands anyway?

Bike(s):
07 YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRADkneedragger View Post
We have been caught drag racing and doing top speed runs numerous times,, OUT IN THE COUNTY and when stopped we make the point that we bring it out of town to desolate roads away from traffic. And the LEO's usually agree and let you off with that ok behave attitude.
i have NEVER EVER been let off with a warning.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #7
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjoe View Post
i have NEVER EVER been let off with a warning.
I would bet that there is a reason for that.....
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #8
Cody_Rules
this.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
never gonna happen no point and even trying, every year around summertime we get anew group that is gonna be squidly and do illegal things its just gonna keep happeneing and as far as other riders doing illegal things and bringing unneeded attention to other riders, i can see where your coming from but i do not think it will change
Old 08-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #9
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

Well if you get to know the cops around your area, if you do ever get pulled over i'd rather say 'hey bill how's the kids' compared to 'hey officer, how can i help yah' ...

imo

-daniel
Old 08-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #10
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody_Rules View Post
never gonna happen no point and even trying, every year around summertime we get anew group that is gonna be squidly and do illegal things its just gonna keep happeneing and as far as other riders doing illegal things and bringing unneeded attention to other riders, i can see where your coming from but i do not think it will change

yeah especially those squids on the ninja 650'r who wheelie on the hwy and get arrested! what a bunch of

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:44 PM   #11
kraelo
Love Breaks up Families

Bike(s):
None

+1 chase

-daniel
Old 08-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #12
Seth
F T W

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Send a message via AIM to Seth
So where did you copy and paste this from? :laughing6:laughing6

Just kidding man, good write up.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #13
level5
moving chicane

Excellent post.

#2 is hard to do but if you don't disassociate yourself from the trouble maker, you will have to pay or ended up in jail one day. Imagine that he got bailed and you couldn't.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:18 PM   #14
gixxerjoe

Bike(s):
07 YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texmex1 View Post
I would bet that there is a reason for that.....
yeah i guess...im 17 years old and ride a fast looking bike.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:56 PM   #15
Seth
F T W

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerjoe View Post
yeah i guess...im 17 years old and ride a fast looking bike.
yay we're both 17 go us. :laughing6
Old 08-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #16
gixxerjoe

Bike(s):
07 YZF-R6

REPRESENT!
Old 08-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #17
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

freakin teenagers...

:topsecret

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:13 PM   #18
Seth
F T W

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmckee View Post
freakin teenagers...

:topsecret
Wanna fight?

..sorry my e-thug side in me is coming out :laughing6
Old 08-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #19
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

being respectful is #1 priority when youre pulled over. i got popped last week doing triple digits on hwy 288 in angleton. i was "yes, sir" and "no, sir" the whole time. the officer was extremely polite. instead of taking me to jail and impounding the bike, i just got a citation. he even thanked me for pulling over for him.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:24 PM   #20
gixxerjoe

Bike(s):
07 YZF-R6

i try that every time i get pulled over.

all three times ive been pulled over i was
A)going no more than 15 over
B)wearing full gear
C)had all my insurance, license, registration, inspection, etc.

did i get off easy?

NO. i get written for the speed, jacked up of course, and stupid
tire tread depth, plate lights (daytime)

Advertisement