MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Simone Biles, Team USA gymnastics dominate in Rio

Another one-two punch for Team USA gymnastics in Rio, a first ever in floor exercise, as Houston's Simone

Biles took the gold on floor routine, and her teammate, Aly Raisman, won silver.

WATCH: Simone Biles floors judges with floor routine

Biles nailed what's come to be known as her signature event, scoring a stunning 15.966. Raisman put out her best floor yet in Rio with a 15.5.

The Americans went first and second. Britain's Amy Tinkler took the bronze.

Biles becomes the first woman in history to win four gymnastics gold medals in a single games.

"I just gave it all I had left in me, because it was the last final, and it was my last floor routine, so I was super excited to close it out on a good note," Biles told KPRC Channel 2.

It was also a big night for Team USA men's gymnastics. Danell Leyva won silver medals on high bar and parallel bars. Teammate Sam Mikulak finished a respectable fourth place on high bar.

Americans Christian Taylor and Will Claye grabbed a one-two finish in triple jump in track events.

But, there was a stunner on Copacabana Beach as Kerri Walsh Jennings and April Ross lost in straight sets.

They will play for a bronze medal Wednesday.

Rio20201620Olympics20flags 7701166 ver10 1280 720

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement