Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2016, 08:20 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Michael Phelps' death stare on Chad le Clos is on point

It was the stare down that has everyone talking.

Michael Phelps and South African swimmer Chad le Clos were seen in the dressing room waiting on their turn to compete in the 200m butterfly Monday night when the camera caught Phelps' death stare on Chad le Clos.

.@MichaelPhelps wants to Curb Chad le Clos' Enthusiasm.
For more swimming, click here:</p>-- NBC Olympics (@NBCOlympics) August 9, 2016

Everyone has their own way of focusing and getting ready before a competition. For le Clos, it's shadowboxing. And while le Clos was getting pumped, Phelps had his headphones and hoodie on while he appeared to be intensely staring le Clos down.

After Phelps qualified to compete in Tuesday night's medal match, beating le Clos by just seconds, Michelle Tafoya asked Phelps about the death stare.

"He does his thing, I do mine." - @MichaelPhelps?? on fellow swimmer Chad le Clos</p>-- NBC Olympics (@NBCOlympics) August 9, 2016 "I was trying not to really even look at him. He does his thing. I do my mine. I was trying to watch the heat in front of me," Phelps said.

The internet has been going crazy with a still shot of Phelps' look. #PhelpsFace has started trending.

Me when someone goes near my lunch #PhelpsFace</p>-- Jimmy John's (@jimmyjohns) August 9, 2016 When you hear Christmas music on the radio, the day after Labor Day. #PhelpsFace</p>-- Lenny Frankowiak (@LenMan360) August 9, 2016 When Kanye interrupts your medal ceremony. #PhelpsFace</p>-- mikeschaffer (@mikeschaffer) August 9, 2016 When your mom won't stop at McDonalds and says there's food at home #PhelpsFace</p>-- Trinity Travis (@TrinityTravis2k) August 9, 2016 I love this new trailer for Assassin's Creed...So raw,So intense. Aesthetics. Iconic. #PhelpsFace</p>-- Anastasia B.Verhausn (@GideonSlaygo) August 9, 2016 When another cashier opens and says "I can help the next person in line" & someone behind you goes over #PhelpsFace</p>-- Andy Pandy (@Mr_AndrewHunt) August 9, 2016 When you know you're going to see this meme for the next month. #PhelpsFace</p>-- M.A.Larson (@M_A_Larson) August 9, 2016 Phelps swam the 200m butterfly in his Olympic debut at the Sydney Games. He won gold in 2004 and 2008, but fell short in 2012 when Le Clos took gold, beating Phelps by just .05 seconds.

Phelps will swim Tuesday night for his fifth Olympic 200m butterfly final.

Phelps20death20stare 1470747963917 7707797 ver10 1280 720

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote