Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2016, 01:00 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Texans endure another hard workout before Friday's off-day

Thursday was day five of Houston Texans Training Camp at NRG Park and the work has been tremendous in the eyes of head coach Bill O'Brien.

"I will tell you what, it is hot out here," O'Brien said. "I appreciate all the work our players are putting in."

The players endured another two-hour workout in the heat as fans looked on.

There was good work by the defense once again as they appeared ahead of the offense in most situations head-to-head. A lot of players are standing out and O'Brien is very high on what he's seeing out of defensive lineman Jadeveon Clowney, who has come to camp with a chip on his shoulder looking to break out in 2016.

"He has been very good. Flying around making plays," said O'Brien.

Among the Thursday highlights was solid play from rookie center Nick Martin, who held his own against the likes of Vince Wilfork.

There were also nice battles between cornerback AJ Bouye and wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, with Bouye making several big plays against one of the NFL's top receivers.

"DeAndre and me are always on each other," said Bouye. "Sometimes I win battles and sometimes he does, but we go to work, learn from it and get better. That's what it's all about."

The Texans are off on Friday and resume camp workouts on Saturday and Sunday, with practices open to the public both days.

texanspic 1 1470333279485 7691168 ver10 1280 720

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote