Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2016, 08:30 PM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

KPRC's 2016 Summer Olympics Blog

Aug. 1, 2016 - Day 1 - By Andy Cerota

Boy, where do I even begin. My head is still spinning. Is it A: We're actually here in Rio to witness and cover something so spectacular I can't even wrap my mind around it? Or is it B: I'm beyond tired?

OK, I digress. It's a little bit of both. I feel like we haven't stopped since 6:30 p.m. Sunday. That's when a car service picked Rachel McNeill and I up at the KPRC studios to take us to the airport. Thankfully, the plane ride was smooth. No hiccups and I managed to get a few hours of shuteye. I'm definitely a sleeper on planes. We landed in Rio around 9:30 a.m. local time and I will tell you, we hit the ground running. We arrived safe and sound along with all of our luggage and equipment. That's definitely a win for us. There were no surprises.

We knew going into this it would take us a couple of hours to cut through all the typical red tape at the airport.

Our first mission was to get over to the International Broadcasting Center as quickly as possible but first things first. We took a van to the Olympic Media Village, our home for the next three weeks. Check-in ran smoothly and the staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Our accommodations are small but tidy. It's basically a tiny three-bedroom apartment with three small bathrooms. Byron, my photographer, and I apparently have a roommate but we have not met this person yet. There's really nowhere for me to put my clothes so it looks like I will literally be living out of my suitcases for the next three weeks.

Once we got to the IBC, it took us a while to get our bearings straight in terms of the logistics. We got settled into our NBC work space and had the chance to meet a lot of the support staff.

While it felt like a three-ring circus at times, I know in my head this is just the calm before the storm. Let the games begin!

Road20220Rio20NEW201280x720 1467131093005 7204433 ver10 1280 720

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement