MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #1
kenup283

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Forum Rules

So what are they? I can't seem to find a link anywhere.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dissapearing Sig Line/Forum Rules? BuckNut Off Topic 84 06-14-2015 03:28 PM
Other Forum Rant / Car Audio Forum? MiniG0D Off Topic 5 05-22-2011 12:38 AM
Updated Forum rules... Solracer Forum Updates & Feedback 68 06-24-2008 09:13 PM
Forum Rules Solracer Forum Updates & Feedback 1 05-22-2008 08:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2016, 12:56 PM   #2
Naked_Biker

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'15 Yamaha FJ-09
'12 Suzuki TU250X (Sold)

He who owns the forum, rules?
Naked_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
pigfarmer
Banned

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 01:16 PM   #4
hondarider77

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Send a message via AIM to hondarider77
The first rule about motohouston is you do not ask questions
hondarider77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 01:26 PM   #5
JAXPOTD
X 610 mat rempit

Bike(s):
z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider77 View Post
>>>>>>>the second rule about mh is you do not ask questions
Old 08-01-2016, 01:29 PM   #6
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider77 View Post
LOL
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:50 PM   #7
joeburt1
JoeJoe the dancing monkey

Feedback Rating: (3)

1976 Yamaha chappy
TL 1000S

No nude selfies Stephen
joeburt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 01:58 PM   #8
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

http://www.motohouston.com/index.php?pageid=forumrules

Forum Rules

1. Though its not necessary, we encourage you to introduce yourself before posting.

Posting

2.1 Members will conduct themselves in a respectful manner. Members shall not engage in disrespectful posting, personal attacks, name-calling, flaming, baiting, inflammatory posting or language, juvenile, chauvinistic or demeaning posting, post whoring (posting with the sole purpose of increasing their overall post count), trolling, e-sniping, e-stalking, indirect attacks, and other such activities not conducive to a positive and productive environment. This includes posts or threads of a purely sexual nature and or posting other users personal information. All posting in violation of the Guidelines will be acted on by interpretation of moderators.

2.2. Posting about religion or politics or cop-talk are allowed on a probationary basis, but limited to the Politics board and must be kept in a respectable tone / manner.

2.3. Do not threadjack. If you want to start a off-topic conversation, take it to PM.

2.4. Members should not post copyrighted materials without permission of author or photographer as applicable. Links to other publications or materials are allowed along with a short introduction to the material.

2.5 Threads posted about current racing results where TV coverage is imminent shall not contain information about the result and will have the word "SPOILER" in the title.

2.7 Post in the correct forums. Any comments/suggestions regarding the forum go in the News/Information Forum.

2.7 No threads about evading the police.

2.8 No Spamming. No CAPS.

2.9 Keep user titles clean. Do not put "banned" in your user title.

2.10 Do not create a thread about a deleted thread.

2.11 Sell only in the For Sale section.

2.12 Do not post any content that is not considered work safe.

2.13 We ask all members to respect our paying sponsors by not directly or indirectly advertising. We understand its essential for a community to share information and experiences, however, if we suspect a post or thread is being made solely for advertising purposes, it may be removed at our own discretion.

2.14 If we believe an objective behind a thread, post or event, is business driven, even partially, it may be removed without notice.

Images & Signatures

3.1 Members shall not post images or links containing, nudity, partial nudity, sexual acts, or depiction thereof. This includes images or avatars. This isn't a frat house, and the board needs to be work-appropriate. Pictures of clothed spouses or significant others are o.k.. If questionable, images should be linked and not directly visible in a thread. This link, and if possible the thread title, should carry a warning that such material may be NWS = "Not Work Safe". Links will be deleted if determined to be inappropriate by the moderators.

3.2 Graphic images depicting violence are discouraged, with the exception of those that serve an educational purpose in the motorcycling community. Those that satisfy the educational clause should be linked and not directly visible in a thread. This link, and if possible the thread title, should carry a "GRAPHIC" warning.

3.3 Signatures are limited by the software, and shall not exceed [size to be determined as we go...it's an evolving process]

3.4 No images and/or links to business unless you, or they, are a paying sponsor. This is a privilege only for our paying sponsors.

3.5 No images and/or links to other forums.

Member Actions

4.1 When personal disputes arise between members they should take their squabble to Private Message (PM) and will do so when requested by staff.

4.2 Interactions with moderators.

4.3 Members shall conduct themselves respectfully when in dispute with a moderator. If a moderator instructs a member to take the discussion to PMs, please do so. The moderators will determine whether to lock the thread.

4.4 Members that smear or otherwise attack the site or moderators are subject to suspension and or removal.

4.5 Members will not start a thread with the intent of continuing the topic of a thread that was closed or removed.

4.6 Multiple logins are not permitted.

4.7 Members shall not promote their business or other forums in fashion that can be considered SPAM. Postings of such material may be removed by the moderators and an explanation will generally be provided, but not required. Repeat offenses may lead to suspension and/or removal. Advertisers are exempt and may post specials and/or information about their business. More detailed vendor Rules are here: [insert link]

4.8. Please do not use our forum for recruiting purposes. This includes referrals.

4.9. Banned members who create an alternate-ego (other username) will be immediately banned.

5.0. Hypocrisy is not tolerated. If you do not like this forum, simply do not return to it.

Classified Section Rules

5.0 If you intend on selling/posting in classifieds, please read the following:

- No selling of firewarms/weapons.
- No selling of animals. Animals may be posted in classifieds if they are being given away.
- No selling of , Drugs, Alcohol, ‘Warez’, STOLEN ITEMS or any items of the like.
- Item(s) for sale must be your own, no selling items for someone else
- Do not , or bash for sale threads. If you don’t like the price, PM the seller with your issue.
- No excessive thread bumping, once every 2 days is sufficient
- Only the originator of the F/S thread should put SOLD in the body of the thread.
- We are NOT an auction site, post an asking price. Don't start a bidding war. No raffles.
- One thread per item, do not post the item for sale in multiple sections of the forum.
- Sellers -- Do not post items for sale that you do not have in your possession.
- Members(Non-Sponsors) can only sell 4 titled items (BIKES, vehicles, boats, etc) per year. If you have a special case, please PM DvlRacer for approval before listing.

5.1 The board is not responsible for policing business dealings in the classified. Buy and sell at your own risk.

5.2 We suggest you provide feedback regarding vendors or dealers, but do not gratuitously slam a vendor on the board. Prior to posting, please contact them directly if possible to work out issues.

Finally

6.1 Mods reserve the right to lock a thread they deem as no longer useful

6.2 Mods reserve the right to edit/delete your post if it contains drama. MH has a no drama policy.

6.3 Moderators have discretion in interpreting the Guidelines. Their judgment is final. The moderators will deal--in their discretion and with the best interests of the board and community in mind--with any grey areas not explicitly covered by the Guidelines.

6.4 While we will try to keep these guidelines consistent, members acknowledge that the guidelines may be edited and updated from time to time as needed and new issues arise. Members agree to periodically review the guidelines.

6.5 If you wish to discuss a notice you have received, do not post a thread or publicly discuss the notice. Respond to the infraction as noted in the message.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:14 PM   #9
pigfarmer
Banned

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #10
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Bike(s):
ZX6R

MH has a no drama policy.
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 02:24 PM   #11
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
Can we have one addition for Bevo please?

6.6 You must agree that Marquez and Honda are the best thing on 2 wheels, end of subject.
Seems like we should add that right?
Old 08-01-2016, 03:29 PM   #12
Crossfits
Crossfits

"4.3 Members shall conduct themselves respectfullywhen in dispute with a moderator."

Chris, I'd like to 'respectfully' dispute this aweful, I mean... NICE college logo that still happens to be on my profile.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	93835  
Old 08-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #13
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

His forum, his rules. Don't like it, GTFO! I don't always agree with the rules, the moderators, the topics, or Shelly...but I also realize that I don't have 10+ years of my life invested in running/maintaining/hosting this forum, and I couldn't do it if I wanted to, so I play by the rules or take my bans as they come. And at the end of the day, Shelley ain't that bad, and neither is this place.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:02 PM   #14
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
His forum, his rules. Not affiliated with Motorcycles Unlimited? GTFO! I don't always agree with the rules, the moderators, the topics, or Shelly...but I also realize that I don't have 10+ years of my life invested in running/maintaining/hosting this forum, and I couldn't do it if I wanted to, so I play by the rules or take my bans as they come. And at the end of the day, Shelley ain't that bad, and neither is this place.
FIFY
Old 08-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #15
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooley View Post
FIFY
Don't drag me into this.
I had nothing to do with any of the nonsense.
I don't own MH, nor do I have any pics of Chris with a goat.
He's his own man and makes his own decisions.
Whenever someone doesn't want to follow the rules there's always some asshat who talks out their about they know nothing about.

Like Jet said; "His forum, his rules. Don't like it, gtfo"
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:41 PM   #16
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Bike(s):
ZX6R

What rules were broken? Other than an advertisement for free food at a dealership close to yours? Posts that were deleted and PMs for sponsorship ignored.

And who is talking out of their ? Nothing but facts have been stated. Unfortunately the only asshats are the ones with green and red highlighted names (Moderator-you/Owner-the other guy) going around name calling.

Last edited by Schooley; 08-01-2016 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:45 PM   #17
Yillbs

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

Quote:
What rules were broken? Other than an advertisement for free food at a dealership close to yours?

And who is talking out of their ? Nothing but facts have been stated. Unfortunately the only asshats are the ones with green and red highlighted names (Moderator-you/Owner-the other guy) going around name calling.
I think the rule you're likely looking for is this one :

2.14 If we believe an objective behind a thread, post or event, is business driven, even partially, it may be removed without notice.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:50 PM   #18
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
What rules were broken? Other than an advertisement for free food at a dealership close to yours? Posts that were deleted and PMs for sponsorship ignored.

Show me these PM's about sponsorship that have been ignored! I have ZERO.

Why would we ignore them? HM used to be a sponsor before anyhow. We didn't ignore them then.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:50 PM   #19
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yillbs View Post
I think the rule you're likely looking for is this one :

So what if someone had interests in sponsoring the site but were ignored? And had posts deleted without an explanation? I didnt find the explanation of that rule
Old 08-01-2016, 10:51 PM   #20
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
What rules were broken? Other than an advertisement for free food at a dealership close to yours?

What facts?
Apparently 40acres works for Houston Motorsports, a former sponsor of MH who no longer chooses to support the forum you're posting on.
From what I gather from his earler thread, he had a couple of threads for an event deleted by Chris.
From what Chris posted, 40 didn't pm Chris about it, he just chose to create another thread, knowing that as a non sponsor vendor that it's against the rules to advertise.

As far as name calling?
If the shoe fits....
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement