Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

American Olympians board flight to Rio de Janeiro

Gate E7 at George Bush Intercontinental Airport was a sea of red, white and blue Sunday as dozens of American Olympians boarded a red-eye flight to Rio de Janeiro.

Not far behind stood the KPRC crew, camera gear in tow, preparing to begin three weeks of Olympic coverage.

Channel 2 anchor Andy Cerota is making his third trip to Rio, but said this will be his most exciting trip yet.

"I am most excited about feeling the vibes of Rio, the entire experience of the Olympics," Cerota said.

In just a few days, the 2016 Summer Games will open in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Eighty-five athletes boarded a United flight out of IAH Sunday evening, each of them already envisioning their return flight with Olympic gold in tow.

Ibtihaj Muhammad is making Olympic history as the first American athlete to wear a hijab during competition, a traditional Muslim headscarf. She is considered to be one of the best fencers in the world.

"I can't believe it's finally here. We worked so long for this moment and we're finally departing -- for me for my first Olympic Games," Muhammad said.

Brothers Kawika and Erik Shoji play on the USA men's indoor volleyball team.

"To be able to go through this whole experience together, we are really close," Kawika Shoji said. "I think we're the only brothers in the Olympics and we're just excited to go represent our family and our country."

Olympic20rings20on20flag2C20Olympics 7649618 ver10 1280 720

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote