Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Houston Texans open up training camp without Watt, Hopkins

The beginning of the NFL season is finally here as Houston Texans fans flocked to NRG Park for the first day of training camp on Sunday.

Unfortunately for the team and its fans, two star players were not on the field.

Wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins is holding out while seeking a new contract. Hopkins is playing under his rookie contract signed in 2013 as the team's first-round selection.

The team exercised the fifth-year option on his contract in April, meaning he has two years remaining on his contract.

"That's between my agents and the Texans," Hopkins said last week. "I love this city, I don't want to play anywhere else but here. The rest will work itself out, hopefully."

.@JJWatt at Texans practice @KPRC2 pic.twitter.com/4PtFs1GZpD</p>-- Alex Radow (@alexradow) July 31, 2016 On the other side of the ball, star defensive end JJ Watt is recovering from back surgery and is expected to miss training camp and the preseason.

"I'm glad we found it and took care if it. Will get me healthy for the season," Watt said. "I feel good and my body feels good. I am just listening to my doctors."

Osweiler " training camp is a grind and it is all about embracing that grind" #Texans #TexansCamp pic.twitter.com/jdNhITmY7h</p>-- Randy McIlvoy (@RandyMcIlvoy) July 31, 2016 One player fans did get a look at was new starting quarterback Brock Osweiler.

"Training camp is a grind and it is all about embracing that grind," Osweiler said. "With DeAndre being one of your go-to guys and not being here, it's difficult, but I totally understand what he's doing."

Coach O'Brien taking care of some fans. @KPRC2 #TexansCamp pic.twitter.com/4rbuMEMCp2</p>-- Adam Wexler (@awexlerKPRC) July 31, 2016 Head coach Bill O'Brien said the players worked hard and came to camp in good shape.

"Operationally it was a good day, especially for first unit," O'Brien said. "You just have to coach the guys that are here."

Several players signed autographs for fans.

More than 4,600 fans were in attendance Sunday.

Lamar Miller & Will Fuller signing autographs at #TexansCamp @KPRC2 pic.twitter.com/96hhYy3TLl</p>-- Lainie Fritz (@KPRC2Lainie) July 31, 2016 Here's the schedule for the remaining camp practices that are open to the public. Make sure to check HoustonTexans.com to see if any free tickets are left.

Tuesday, Aug. 2 8:30-11 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 3 8:30-11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 6 8:30-11 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 7 8:55-11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 18 TBA J.J. Watt Overview | PointAfter DeAndre Hopkins Overview | PointAfter

texans20training20camp20fans 1469987911976 7672813 ver10 1280 720

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote