MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
Mic

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
C14
WR450
CRF110F
TTR110

Send a message via AIM to Mic Send a message via MSN to Mic
Got a new windscreen tonight

After commuting to work for the past couple weeks (about 66 miles round trip), I decided that I could use a little more wind protection. I started looking for a slightly larger windscreen.

After looking at several different brands and reading reviews on different forums, I came to the conclusion that it was a matter of personal preference whether a person liked the way that the windscreen worked on the bike. Everyone had good things to say about the particular screen that they bought.

It seemed that they all diverted more air and there wasn't much difference if any between the performance of the different brands. The MRA Vario seemed promising in function, but I didn't really like the way that it looked or the cost. I decided to order a Laminar Lip for the bike. Delivery was pretty quick and inexpensive.

Here are pictures of the Lip uninstalled, the stock fairing on the bike and the Lip mounted on the bike. It is designed to on top of the stock fairing.

Installation was as easy as removing the four stock bolts and then inserting the provided longer bolts through both pieces with some washers and into the stock mounting locations. The screws that they sent are nylon and I am not impressed by that. I will probably look at picking up some longer allen head machine screws similar to the stock ones that I took out.

Yes, I know the bike is dirty. :eh: I got caught in the rain on the way home from work. I cleaned and lubed the chain before I installed the Lip, it'll probably get washed this weekend.

I'll report back after I've had a few rides with it and let you all know how well it's working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Laminar Lip.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	6056   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stock.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	6057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	121