MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2016, 09:20 AM   #21
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,270


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
True, but still not wear one? I dont get it.
Agreed. Imagine that his engine sputtered and he lost momentum. Bike settles into lake, no violent crash.
How long can you tread water wearing full MX gear, including helmet and boots? In the dark
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing Rider Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 127 10-15-2012 01:38 PM
missing rider!!!!! GixxerLizzy General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 04-28-2012 08:09 PM
Rider Down and Missing, kind of tarosean General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-23-2009 11:57 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2016, 09:25 AM   #22
pigfarmer
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: River Oaks
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,532

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber








User is banned

.
pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:29 AM   #23
Reaper81
Keyboard Racer
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,598

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








If you are gonna attempt to ride on water why not wear a life jacket of sorts to help you float in case something like this happens?
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:33 AM   #24
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,322

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper81 View Post
If you are gonna attempt to ride on water why not wear a life jacket of sorts to help you float in case something like this happens?
Or at least have a boat chase you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:18 AM   #25
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,629

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








My guess is the life jacket and chase boat were not cool/extreme enough. Same reason doing it during the day time just wasn't good enough. Just had to push it...
__________________
Give me liberty, or give me death!
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #26
Reaper81
Keyboard Racer
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,598

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Im all for pushing your luck, but stupid hurts and in some cases like what we saw in china will get you killed.
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #27
JAXPOTD
X 610 mat rempit
 
JAXPOTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: B/W8 & I10
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 543

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
z1000









???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Agreed. Imagine that his engine sputtered and he lost momentum. Bike settles into lake, no violent crash.
How long can you tread water wearing full MX gear, including helmet and boots? In the dark
i don't get the reason for moto gear on H2O ??? #wet suit,goggles, life vest
__________________
SEMPER WHY ?
JAXPOTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:11 PM   #28
GAU-8
official thread ender.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,472

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1











there is an updated article under the second link posted by OP.

Apparently LEOs said he was found wearing a life vest. Also stated he had a parachute line on the bike. (hooked up to what ? on the other end) the line was pulled in by rear wheel, and caught the rider as well.

down with the ship. :/
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:36 PM   #29
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,322

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
there is an updated article under the second link posted by OP.

Apparently LEOs said he was found wearing a life vest. Also stated he had a parachute line on the bike. (hooked up to what ? on the other end) the line was pulled in by rear wheel, and caught the rider as well.

down with the ship. :/
Quote:
Witnesses say that he had taken safety precautions, including wearing a life vest and having a parachute line attached to the motorcycle.
Quote:
Recovery operations have been called off for the day, and will resume on Monday morning.
http://www.ktvh.com/2016/07/becker-d...yon-ferry-lake

I don't know that they've found the body yet. They hadn't found him as of last Tuesday

http://helenair.com/news/local/searc...7a42a9d34.html
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:15 PM   #30
Reaper81
Keyboard Racer
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,598

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








RIP brother. Goes to show you never when that ride will be your last, so make it your best
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #31
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seabrook, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 4,774

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD






Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper81 View Post
RIP brother. Goes to show you never when that ride will be your last, so make it your best
I think with stunts such as this type, you kinda prep yourself if it were your last ride.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:37 PM   #32
Reaper81
Keyboard Racer
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,598

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I think with stunts such as this type, you kinda prep yourself if it were your last ride.
Every time i left the house i rode like it was my last time, but i cant speak for anyone else
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-29-2016, 08:12 AM   #33
Track_Graphics
Senior Member
 
Track_Graphics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,567

Experience: 10+ years











Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper81 View Post
Every time i left the house i rode like it was my last time, but i cant speak for anyone else
??
I think I get your drift - But I ride like I have a million more to go and I don't wanna miss out, so pay attention so you can make the rest of them.

My friend Jerome told me that he always rode like it was his last, but his attitude was that life sucked anyway. (tough life, really bad one)

Sounds like this guy prepared, but since it was a "first" for the record books, how does any one know exactly what to prepare for. Just take your best guess like every other first. When happens and ya gotta drink the lake, the next guy to go for it will cover your mistake.

It seems like he tried to cover what he logically thought would happen... except for that anomaly he had no idea would get him. I guess it's not an anomaly any more.
__________________
Coolest Paint Jobs Ever
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-29-2016, 11:28 AM   #34
Reaper81
Keyboard Racer
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,598

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
??
I think I get your drift - But I ride like I have a million more to go and I don't wanna miss out, so pay attention so you can make the rest of them.

My friend Jerome told me that he always rode like it was his last, but his attitude was that life sucked anyway. (tough life, really bad one)

Sounds like this guy prepared, but since it was a "first" for the record books, how does any one know exactly what to prepare for. Just take your best guess like every other first. When happens and ya gotta drink the lake, the next guy to go for it will cover your mistake.

It seems like he tried to cover what he logically thought would happen... except for that anomaly he had no idea would get him. I guess it's not an anomaly any more.
I have a great life, but was known to push myself to be a better rider and if it was my time to go i wanted whatever i was doing to be the best ride i ever had. I enjoy riding and look forward to getting back on a motorcycle after I graduate. You got a point but tomorrow is not guaranteed. It all comes down to Murphy's Law: what can happen probably will. When i was in the Navy we trained for the worst and hoped for the best
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-15-2016, 07:45 PM   #35
Nikkon
Senior Member
 
Nikkon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nw Houston
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 477

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 drz400sm - current
2017 z125 PRO - current
2008 sv650 - current
14 Cb500x adv setup - current
14 181cc honda grom - current






Never saw any updates on this so I checked google and looks like they found the bike and body a few days ago.

http://www.krtv.com/story/32753880/c...erry-reservoir

Last edited by Nikkon; 08-15-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Nikkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:42 AM   #36
Reaper81
Keyboard Racer
 
Reaper81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Galveston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,598

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkon View Post
Never saw any updates on this so I checked google and looks like they found the bike and body a few days ago.

http://www.krtv.com/story/32753880/c...erry-reservoir
I was wondering about him. Glad they found the body and he can be laid to rest
RIP
Reaper81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #37
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"
 
The BeastMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: ne harris county
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 818

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)






Was this the same guy that rode his bike in the surf?
__________________
Never ride faster than your Angel can fly!
The BeastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:15 PM   #38
PushingLuck831
Senior Member
 
PushingLuck831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 768

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi klx351sf (sold)
2015 wr450f
2000 Suzuki SV 650 (sold)
themagicman's garage :)
2013 street triple (unicycle)






no Robbie Madison was the gent who successfully did it.

I'm still trying to figure out why you would tie yourself to your motorcycle or maybe I read that wrong. sucks. maybe they need to start putting some crazy floatation devices on the bikes for this stuff

I know when jumping bmx bikes into lakes we always wrapped life vests around them so they didn't sink and we could easily find and retrieve them
PushingLuck831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy