MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #21
MacMan
S. McNamara LSTD Mob Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 KTM950SM, 1996 Harley-Davidson FXDL

ChemiKaze,

You missed the mark on your guess of TWS (Texas World Speedway) rental fees without Insurance by several thousand dollars. Insurance rates just renewed at all the facilities we rent and it went up an average of 22%. Not to mention operating expenses like web fees, SSL fees, bank and credit card fees, hotels, fuel, printed materials, operations staff, extra ambulances, and our time.

Another track day organization will not lower rates in my opinion. Expenses surely have not gone down. Believe me when I say that there are minimul profits that already exist in the track day arena. If someone wants to operate at a break even point then thats their decision. I still love to ride and I love the sport. Track Days saved my life. I wasn't that good of a rider when we started LSTD and I probably would have died or become seriously injured trying to become faster on public roads.

Time is money. We spend alot of time answering e mails, processing registrations, and looking at ways we can improve our servies and venues.
We have increased our trackdays fees by less than 20% in 7 years.
You do the math..............

We love what we do. Hopefully you ride. Ride with who gives you what your looking for.
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trackday w/ Kevin Schwantz in TX RACER X Taking it to the Track 5 02-13-2013 08:52 PM
TX Xtreme Offroad Round #4 April 16 & 17 Bryan, TX dbuck Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 32 04-21-2011 11:31 AM
Crazedlist.org dudewhrsmybike Off Topic 14 03-24-2008 12:45 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #22
level5
moving chicane

Having some kind of business ventures and any ventures where money is involved is tough. Everyone is out to get you whether you are banking or not. They just don't understand.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #23
ChemiKaze

Bike(s):
07 Red Wing CBR600RR

I'm not in the business of trackdays or racing so I wouldn't know, but you are right.. insurance is a huge cost issue... but the other factors like op. exp. are just part of the game no matter what business you're doing... I saw on some webbie that medics cost about 700 per day.. again, i'm not in the biz... just an outside guy looking in.

But I should say that Elite trackday didn't do as well as they intended the first time around... Their numbers were pretty low.. but I hope they can stay on... a bigger offering is always good as each track organization has different set of instructor that will teach me different stuff.. The best bang for my buck in terms of instructor was Hallett's HART. Superb undivided attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
ChemiKaze,

You missed the mark on your guess of TWS (Texas World Speedway) rental fees without Insurance by several thousand dollars. Insurance rates just renewed at all the facilities we rent and it went up an average of 22%. Not to mention operating expenses like web fees, SSL fees, bank and credit card fees, hotels, fuel, printed materials, operations staff, extra ambulances, and our time.

Another track day organization will not lower rates in my opinion. Expenses surely have not gone down. Believe me when I say that there are minimul profits that already exist in the track day arena. If someone wants to operate at a break even point then thats their decision. I still love to ride and I love the sport. Track Days saved my life. I wasn't that good of a rider when we started LSTD and I probably would have died or become seriously injured trying to become faster on public roads.

Time is money. We spend alot of time answering e mails, processing registrations, and looking at ways we can improve our servies and venues.
We have increased our trackdays fees by less than 20% in 7 years.
You do the math..............

We love what we do. Hopefully you ride. Ride with who gives you what your looking for.

For sale: Alth Wave Rotors (Italian baby!) for 03-07 CBR600RR
ChemiKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #24
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

jimmy"zx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #25
MacMan
S. McNamara LSTD Mob Boss

Bike(s):
2006 KTM950SM, 1996 Harley-Davidson FXDL

My point about the other expenses as they have increased as well.
All business have fixed and variable expenses. The more we grow, so do the expenses.
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #26
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

as for the time issue, 20 mins is more than enough, as SBK stated above, it doesn't take much time in the heat to find your self already fatigued, by then it could be too late.

some of you guys worry about the wrong things, just sign up, load up and lets ride!
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #27
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy"zx6 View Post
you have a link to that

Nope... it wasn't that long ago though.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #28
azoomm

Bike(s):
Ducati 998
KTM 450 EXC tarded
Ducati M900
BMW F800GS
Ducati Hyper EVO SP

Send a message via Yahoo to azoomm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
They were wanting to sponsor MH, But I lost contact with them, please send em my way.

Thank you.

Watch for an email. Sorry, I'm digging out after being up at Hallett for almost a week. I'm the new kid on the block... right now just happy to be here.

I agree with what was posted about doing this for the love of the sport. I don't think anyone is in this to get rich, there are entirely too many factors.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #29
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

sup M
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #30
rc51eviltwin

well i just signed up for the 13th with Elite trackdays,and to be honest,15 minute sessions is what i plan on doing.it just seems with the other guys 15 minutes turn into 10 solid.plus only 25-30 people on the track is just safer in my book.
do they allow smaller displacement bikes such as an NSR250 or an RS125?
maybe in group 1.........?
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #31
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
IF seat time is what you are after, do some math. LMS offers you an available 4+ hours in the seat on the track. You don't have to ride all four hours, but it's there if you want it.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:08 PM   #32
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

When I win the lotto I'm going to build my own track... kind of a Luguana/Sachsenring/Mugello hybrid.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:23 AM   #33
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

20 minute sessions are great - 30 minutes sessions are better - doesn't mean you have to ride it all - it just gives you more flexibility. Lots of times at the track someone comes up to the trailer and needs help with a mechanical problem, if I'm able I will help them, if I'm a few minutes late going out - no big deal - with 30 minutes of every hour available I'll get more than enough. Should there be a mishap on the track or a weather delay - the more available track time - the less an unforseen delay impacts your day. There is a trackday organization out west (in Nevada) that really brags about NO SESSIONS - Track is open all day except for lunch. If you want to go out for 10 minutes and try something with your suspension, come back in make an adjustment go back out, etc you can. Want to train for enduance - no problem. Here is part of their propaganda:

"Your No Session Trackday Headquarters"
How would you like to ride like a professional factory sponsored racer? When Honda takes Nicky Hayden to a race track do you think he is only allowed to ride 20 minutes (or less) per hour? Of course not, Nicky rides for as long as it takes to accomplish his goals. Now, you too can ride like a pro without the hassles and limitations of group sessions.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy LSTD outings - they do a great job, but 30 minutes is more than 20 - 50% more! No one is holding a gun to your head to ride till you drop. When the weather is 100 degrees we all run out of steam sooner than when it's 70. One more benefit we CC guys get from 30 minute sessions is - normally by mid afternoon if the weather has been good all day (not this year) we will have had our share by 3 - 4 PM and we can pack up a little earlier and start the long drive home with as many or normally more track miles on the meter as an all day with 20 minute sessions.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:59 AM   #34
rc51eviltwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
IF seat time is what you are after, do some math. LMS offers you an available 4+ hours in the seat on the track. You don't have to ride all four hours, but it's there if you want it.
not that i'm after more seat time,just the option to go a few more laps per session if one gets trapped behind a slower rider and dont wanna blast past him/her and cause a "scare".i guess what i mean is that sometimes some riders get frustrated<sp> and force painful mistakes because they feel someone "robbed" them of track time...
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:13 AM   #35
sotexgxr

Bike(s):
00 GSXR-750

That was my point as well in a previous thread on the topic. To the original point of this thread, another trackday org is good for the simple reason that it offers more opportunities to fit into everyones schedule and competition is also better for the consumer. You already see some enhancements, like limiting the # of riders= safer, faster, better TD IMO.
sotexgxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #36
MANSON6

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 636

The gal that is running Elite trackdays is named Moira, She is just getting it started ,And I believe there first trackday was a few weeks ago. Several of my buddies from San Antonio went and said it was very organized and very awesome. No BS and every 30 minutes the next group was heading out witout any delays. Allot of the people were heading out early due to being fatigued from too much track time. They were worn out. She is keeping the price at $150 to keep the rider cap down and so there is more track time allowed. So far the only track they are using is Cresson.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #37
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Bike(s):
05 Gixxer 750
06 Yamaha YZ250F

Send a message via AIM to skiergirl
Azoom's a great gal and I'll be doing her Aug 13th track day in Cresson. I can't wait. The more track options we have the more days we have to choose from. Not everyone is available the same days and with choices of several dates from tracks each month it might just get more people interested. See ya'll out there.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #38
azoomm

Bike(s):
Ducati 998
KTM 450 EXC tarded
Ducati M900
BMW F800GS
Ducati Hyper EVO SP

Send a message via Yahoo to azoomm
Sup Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap View Post
When I win the lotto I'm going to build my own track... kind of a Luguana/Sachsenring/Mugello hybrid.

Build a driveway, less red tape
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:19 PM   #39
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Repost

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote