MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #81
jus10

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
Felony posession at that. . .
so whatcha think he'll get for it?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Precision Cycles Still Around? LiquidR1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 03-21-2011 01:14 PM
Precision Cycles cashtown Forum Updates & Feedback 22 02-13-2008 02:29 AM
Precision Cycles? wever411 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 01-18-2007 11:01 PM
Precision Cycles yankee Off Topic 18 04-07-2006 05:46 PM
precision cycles????? rick General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 02-15-2006 07:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #82
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Sorry, I was wrong. Receiving or Concealing stolen property is classified as Theft by the Texas Penal Code.

Theft:
It's a State Jail Felony if:
the value of the property stolen is $1,500 or more but less than $20,000. Punishment is 180days to 2 years in State Jail. Up to $10K fine

It's a Third Degree Felony if the value of the property stolen is $20K or more but less than $100K.
2-10 Years. Fine not to exceed $10K
Old 08-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #83
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10 View Post
so whatcha think he'll get for it?
what i think he'll get and what i think he deserves are two different things.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #84
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

+1 DOA
Old 08-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #85
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
what i think he'll get and what i think he deserves are two different things.
but I only asked what you think he'll get.

(I think we're all in agreement on what thieves deserve)

Last edited by jus10; 08-10-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #86
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
Sorry, I was wrong. Receiving or Concealing stolen property is classified as Theft by the Texas Penal Code.

Theft:
It's a State Jail Felony if:
the value of the property stolen is $1,500 or more but less than $20,000. Punishment is 180days to 2 years in State Jail. Up to $10K fine

It's a Third Degree Felony if the value of the property stolen is $20K or more but less than $100K.
2-10 Years. Fine not to exceed $10K
Ouch! Sucks to be in his shoes!
Old 08-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #87
PB125

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

I've been to that shop before and always thought something wasn't right. I went in right after work looking for something for my bike and the people that were there looked at me like I had a tail and horns. They left just after I walked in.
I hope this gets what he deserves. I've been to the Harris County Jail before (to get a prisoner) and will say..., even I get nervous just being there. Believe me, It's gonna SUCK being him IF he gets convicted. So, SUCKS to be him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
Old 08-11-2007, 05:27 PM   #88
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

I had an apartment over off Briar Forest and eldridge, and on several occasions my bike and a freinds were almost stolen. They knocked mine over (had a disc lock front and rear, try lifting a Daytona 1200) and tried to pick up another guys' kanoftuna. they couldn't get it in a truck and dropped it several times. we had to build a fence around the bikes, and they still tried to steal them. it's been a few years, but we never forgot how every week our bikes were almost grabbed. I'd have shot those guys in the face if I could have caught them. F uck them in the neck. theives are the lowest form of t.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #89
flypunk
it doesn't matter

Trackdays: 3

I am pretty sure that there is more to the story but come on people...jumping on the bandwagon and saying I walked into their shop and it looked sketchy or something didn't feel right! Give me a break.

Even the most reputable shops have stories where one dirtbag slanders them for when he thought they've done him wrong, or just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, that is just how it goes. But now there are just people going on here and saying just cuz they walked in the store a couple of times. No, you are not warning anybody or adding anything usefull cuz nothing happened to you.

There are 4 people that have direct involvement here ( as there were 4 bikes stolen) and even they are not posting anything but facts. The rest is just mob mentality and e-mob mentality at best. Now there are talks about doing drive by stuff to his house, well that is just as gutless as stealing somebody's property in the middle of the night. If you have an issue with them it either should be dealt personally or let the law handle it, like the ones that were affected. Yes there is always vigilante justice (although its not really justice if they didn't do anything to you), and with that you just sunk to criminal level yourself.

Yes I hate thieves as well, not just bike thieves as I had a car stolen and several others that were broken into. It sucks and it changes you, and all thieves should have the book thrown at them, but that is what the legal system is there for.

Most people are just chiming in without any facts or even knowing the guy. Let the law determine his punishment, and if you don't believe in the system, then do something about it and get involved in it to change it.

I know the guy and his shop as they sold me my bike about a year and a half ago and did all the work on it. They gave me fair prices but nothing more, yes they did expect to get paid, and yes they did close their shop on time regardless of who you were or how far away from it you were or what time you walked in. Red was a great mechanic, and to my dealings with them they were honest with me. Their shop was just like any other, bikes on display inside and outside, their workplace was open to the back and all of their work was easily viewed, most of their stuff they ordered in front of you and gave you all the paperwork right then & there. Both him and his brother were regular guys with families and friend just like most of you. I never got anything but good service from them.

I don't have any information about how those bikes got there and why or any details. This is just in response to people asking me if I knew the guy, I'm guessing others were picking up on the fact that people were just jumping in without having any facts.

There might be more facts than what have been posted on here and maybe they are not being posted due to wanting to keep it out of the public before the court proceedings, I don't know, and I am not posting anything other than what I know of them.

Yes they get deserve all that is coming to them if they are guilty, and yes if you caught them red handed or know the facts pleae jump in and say all you want, the rest are just speculations.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #90
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypunk View Post

Now there are talks about doing drive by stuff to his house,
That's a pretty serious accusation to say that someone has said "let's go do a drive by to his house."

Can you find where on this thread someone has said that? Sounds like that would be a criminal act in and of itself, or that's blowing a lot of hot air on your part. I'd like for you to take that -t back.

One stolen bike in someone's place could be something that they weren't aware of, but four of them? I can't see someone saying that they were all customer's bikes because when you take a bike to get worked on they take your info down on the service order and when they're through they'll call you like any good bike shop.

I've seen a place where the auto theft detail shows up and starts checking VIN numbers because a confidential informant has provided them information. The place had a service order (on the bike in question) and they knew who had left the bike for service and when they came back to pick it up, they were arrested.

I hope that this guy is clean and that he makes it through this case without a conviction. The way that his friends are standing up for him, I'm certain that he's not going to disappoint them. But by the same token, IF he gets convicted I hope to goodness all of you that are best friends with him and all you thief haters will have the to stand up and say "yeah we were wrong the guy is a fu-cking thief" and apologize first of all to the people whose bikes were stolen and then to everyone else who already knew how this was going to end.

-d
Old 08-12-2007, 11:28 PM   #91
flypunk
it doesn't matter

Trackdays: 3

I didnt make any accusations of someone doing a drive by (I guess you meant shooting), but actually of talks of of doing drive by stuff to his house (no shooting meant), which if you read back... you'll find all these in the previous posts

Quote:
drive by TP hahaha
Quote:
yeah, but vigilante justice is a
Quote:
we should all take a trip to his house!!
If it ends up that he is found a thief, then as I stated on my first post, he deserves everything that comes to him.

I am not defending anyone either, so far I have just stated the facts of what I know, I am not going against any of the people who got their bikes stolen which posted facts, nor have I said he didn't do it, or made any other explanations up or related other theft stories to this one.

That still does not change what I've stated about my experience with him and his shop nor I will have any reason to appologize to anyone if he gets found guilty; as I have no involvement with him or his shop other than being a customer that got good service.

Like I said I will trust the system, and not speculate. After that I'll know, and trust me, It will make a difference, as this is where I would usually take my bike.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:09 PM   #92
Fight The Chaos

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
04 cbr 600
'06 zx6r
'03 250r
'05 R1

Wow, thanks McNamara. I will post any info i get about fishy bike sales since i'm in the market for one.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #93
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

I remember reading the drive by too I think one of the mods edited the post or it was on the original thread that got deleted
Old 08-17-2007, 08:00 AM   #94
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

User is banned

Old 08-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #95
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypunk View Post
I didnt make any accusations of someone doing a drive by (I guess you meant shooting), but actually of talks of of doing drive by stuff to his house (no shooting meant), which if you read back... you'll find all these in the previous posts

If it ends up that he is found a thief, then as I stated on my first post, he deserves everything that comes to him.

I am not defending anyone either, so far I have just stated the facts of what I know, I am not going against any of the people who got their bikes stolen which posted facts, nor have I said he didn't do it, or made any other explanations up or related other theft stories to this one.

That still does not change what I've stated about my experience with him and his shop nor I will have any reason to appologize to anyone if he gets found guilty; as I have no involvement with him or his shop other than being a customer that got good service.

Like I said I will trust the system, and not speculate. After that I'll know, and trust me, It will make a difference, as this is where I would usually take my bike.
I don't understand you.

You want to stand up and defend this guy (guessing he's your friend here) and not "judge" him, but doesn't common sense kick in right about now and tell you "hey, this guy got caught with FOUR stolen motorcycles!!!" If he's your friend just say so that be done with it. There's nothing wrong with standing by someone who's going through some sh-it in their lives, it happens everyday. If it wasn't for friends where would we all be?

BUT, as far as I'm concerned this guy and people like him are just fu-cking cowards who hide in the night stealing from others because they don't want to earn a living or as a business owner run a honest establishment. Personally I'd rather deal with an honest business owner myself, rather than someone who puts up a good front. (kinda like this guy's you're trying to suck up to by saying what a great job he did for you)

The judicial system is corrupted. Yeah it's the best we have, but you're a fool to think that everyone that works in the system is seeking justice for everyone that gets caught up in it. It's a matter of convictions that make the statistics for the police and the prosecutors and the lawyers who work hand in hand with them bleeding their clients for their last dollar to "defend" them.

Four motorcycles in this guy's possession may not be enough to convince you that this guy is a worthless thief, but it's compelling enough for most people to figure it out.

So if there's a technical glitch in the paperwork somewhere and he walks free, (or whatever other reason) you would be willing to go back and trust this guy with your bike and give him your money after he was found with four stolen motorcycles in his possession?

-d :laughing6
Old 08-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #96
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
FLYPUNK, +1 to EVERYTHING U said.

I saw those "drive by" posts as well and it's distasteful & more importantly COWARDLY in my eyes. The ones yelling "let's string him up", are not willing to break the laws necessary to take justice in ur own hands anyway, so quit the e-thugging, it's pathetic.

I'M A STRONG BELIEVER in INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY, or there is proof otherwise (ie: confession, a witness). According to the law, he gets his day in court to defend himself just as u or I would. If the law has done what we pay them to do..THEIR JOB, then JUSTICE will prevail EITHER WAY.

Not trying to offend anyone individually, just being reasonable. :eh:
Old 08-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #97
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Hmmmmmmm. "Innocent until proven guilty" is a term for JURIES. I'm not on this jury, so my OPINION is f uck him. I'm not worried about legal terms, I'm worried about guys spending hard earned money for their transportation/recreation. And someone who is in possesion of stolen motorcycles while operating a shop SELLING motorcycles and motorcycle gear is preying upon us as a group! How hypocritical/two faced is that???He's smiling as you buy a pair of gloves, but as you walk out he's wanting your yosh exhaust for another guys bike? No, no, I'm not worried about judicial terms here, I'm thinking about a predator among us as a community. It's not like this was a rumor, they found the bikes in his house! So f uck him, I don't need a room full of lawyers to make my decisions for me.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #98
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR;717023

I'M A STRONG BELIEVER in INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY, or there is proof otherwise (ie: confession, a witness). According to the law, he gets his day in court to defend himself just as u or I would. If the law has done what we pay them to do..THEIR JOB, then JUSTICE will prevail EITHER WAY.

Not trying to offend anyone individually, just being reasonable. :eh:
[/COLOR
[/SIZE][/FONT]
If you got caught with FOUR stolen motorcycle in YOUR possession you are GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY. Now, it is his turn to prove that he has all the neccessary documents that the bikes are legal. Can he do it? Let's wait to find out. After all this is the internet and everyone is just voicing opinions, whatever happens is out of our control.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:37 PM   #99
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post

did you feel the same way about Tango?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:23 PM   #100
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
didn't you feel the same way about Tango?
fixed it for you bro.

He's a theif who got caught. period the end. Sorry GsxrGirl but thats the way it is. I feel no pitty for the and you shouldn't either.

Advertisement