MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2016, 08:18 AM   #1
Stevoand1

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Ducati Monster 696

Recommendations on motorcycle shops for non-mechanical work (cosmetic)

Greetings all,

I'm new to the forum but am excited to join the community. I've been riding since 2012 when I bought my first bike ((2012 Ducati Monster 696). I've made only a couple of minor modifications (integrated tail light, short levers) and this was largely done by a buddy who had a garage, appropriate tools, and the right skillset as I have awful craftsmanship.

I had bought a fender eliminator quite a while back (two years ago) and have never installed it because, as I said, I'm not good with my hands nor have the tools/garage. When I bought the item, I thought it was supposed to be matte black, however it ended up being just the bare/raw metal. Does anyone have a suggestion on a shop that would matte the product first and then install it for me? I'm sure it would be vastly more expensive compared to DIY, but I just don't consider that an option at this point.

Historically, I've taken my bike to Metric Motorcycles for service/tune-ups or mechanical issues, and have always been extremely satisfied. However this might be too small of a job and perhaps not in their fairway, so before I ask my man Andy over there to see if he can do it, I'd figure I'd tap into this network first.

Sorry for such a long-winded post. Any and all feedback is much appreciated.
Stevoand1 is offline   Reply With Quote