MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2016, 11:40 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Daily Craig: Famous people I've met

I have met presidents, more than one of them. I HAVE MET movie stars, more than one of them. However, sports people are the best.

Yesterday a former Oilers P.R. guy posted a clip ON FACEBOOK of Johnny Carson mentioning my name as he was introducing Phillips for a guest spot on the TONIGHT SHOW in 1981. Chip Namias was kind enough to let me know he had the video. I did not. As for , I recall my first meeting with the legend. It was a preseason game in the Dome in 1980 and my sportscaster partner at Channel 2, Ron Franklin, did the honors. He told I was the new guy and had looked forward to meeting him. said, "You have to set your standards higher".

I met Bob Knight in the mid 70's. He shook my hand and said, "I hope you aren't as stupid as most of the media." I don't recall my answer. We did become friendly. Hakeem once tried to knock my block off in the Cougars locker room. I asked if he was talking to the media. He just looked at me. I said, "Your playing does the talking". For whatever reason that didn't translate. Guy Lewis stepped between us. Guy may have saved my life or kept me from hiring expensive lawyers.

Maybe the best however, was my first meeting with Rudy T. Ray Patterson, the general manager, introduced me to him. After about five minutes it was obvious he had to leave so we shook hands and Rudy said "Nice to meet you Frank."

Daily20Craig20NEW 1456256896561 2282314 ver10 1280 720

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote