MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #21
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
But Sharpton and Jackson haven't heard the evidence either yet they're calling for 'leniency' with Vick. Why do you need leniency if you're not guilty?
Oh I dunno, could it have anything to do with the concept of being afforded the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise? I'm thinking so...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why White People Will Always Be Racists Pre-K The Circus 4 07-13-2015 08:29 AM
Al Sharpton mathews The Circus 9 11-25-2014 12:03 PM
Al Sharpton at it again!!!! txferrari Off Topic 56 07-15-2008 11:05 AM
Racists Jokes Thread? PETE Off Topic 10 04-04-2008 03:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #22
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think i just don't like them because they feel the need to try to get infornt of the camera as much as they can... i hate people that do that kind of stuff just to draw attention. they blow things way out of proportion when instead they should just drop it
Agreed. They're both idiots and I can't wait till they retire.
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #23
ninjathatcould
UHD BPOC 241
 
ninjathatcould's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 954

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 EX250
(Totaled 08 XB12R)



Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to ninjathatcould
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango1300 View Post
if you are convicted of just KICKING a dog, you go to jail for 6 months, a fine not to exceed $10000 and 250 hours of community service.
You fuqing guy... you kick my dog
ninjathatcould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #24
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjathatcould View Post
You fuqing guy... you kick my dog
hahahahhah jeww kickd my dawg, jour daughta kickd my dawg, iii seed it!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #25
ninjathatcould
UHD BPOC 241
 
ninjathatcould's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 954

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 EX250
(Totaled 08 XB12R)



Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to ninjathatcould
lmao... all the sites that have that on it are blocked at my office :(:(:(
ninjathatcould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #26
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
Oh I dunno, could it have anything to do with the concept of being afforded the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise? I'm thinking so...
You're missing my point - He doesn't need lieniency if he's not guilty yet they're still 'calling' for it. They are not affording him the presumption of innocence.

If/when he is convicted I think they should throw the maximum penalty at him. People in his position have no business do things like this.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:00 AM   #27
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
You're missing my point - He doesn't need lieniency if he's not guilty yet they're still 'calling' for it. They are not affording him the presumption of innocence.

If/when he is convicted I think they should throw the maximum penalty at him. People in his position have no business do things like this.
But your point is inherently invalid. Wanna know why? Folks like YOU, Tango and others that have judged him as guilty without having fully, or otherwise, examined the evidence. You're saying things like "he deserves the maximum sentence" and blah blah blah again, w/o having fully examined all of the merits of the case. THEY are actually affording him the presumption of innocence if all they are saying is that folks should hold out on passing judgement until the evidence has been disclosed-which it hasn't.
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:15 AM   #28
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
But your point is inherently invalid. Wanna know why? Folks like YOU, Tango and others that have judged him as guilty without having fully, or otherwise, examined the evidence. You're saying things like "he deserves the maximum sentence" and blah blah blah again, w/o having fully examined all of the merits of the case. THEY are actually affording him the presumption of innocence if all they are saying is that folks should hold out on passing judgement until the evidence has been disclosed-which it hasn't.
My point is logical. The NAACP called for lieniency in the Vick case. If he's not guilty then he doesn't need lieniency.

You're trying to stop us from passing judgement on the guy but you've already passed judgement on him yourself (without having fully examined all of the merits of the case). You think that he's not guilty, otherwise you wouldn't protest like you have been.

Do you really think that people aren't going to form an opinion about celebrities that have charges brought against them? The police aren't going to go through this much trouble on a 'hunch'. They have evidence. Let's see it for what it is. Whether or not the 'Justice' system finds him guilty in court is another story.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:19 AM   #29
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
My point is logical. The NAACP called for lieniency in the Vick case. If he's not guilty then he doesn't need lieniency.

You're trying to stop us from passing judgement on the guy but you've already passed judgement on him yourself (without having fully examined all of the merits of the case). You think that he's not guilty, otherwise you wouldn't protest like you have been.

Do you really think that people aren't going to form an opinion about celebrities that have charges brought against them? The police aren't going to go through this much trouble on a 'hunch'. They have evidence. Let's see it for what it is. Whether or not the 'Justice' system finds him guilty in court is another story.
FALSE. Logic dictates that one fully examine all dynamics of any particular item before coming to a conclusion. The reason he very well may need leniency is because those irrational beings populating our country are quick hang the man before conviction. I have not passed judgement. I'm not saying he is guilty or innocent and I haven't protested or protected him in any way, re-read my posts. Again, all I ask for is diligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
Do you really think that people aren't going to form an opinion about celebrities that have charges brought against them? The police aren't going to go through this much trouble on a 'hunch'. They have evidence. Let's see it for what it is. Whether or not the 'Justice' system finds him guilty in court is another story.
Yea just like the evidence they had against the whole team of Duke lacrosse players a few months back... The celebrity section matters not, officials won't bring charges against you if there's not some evidence to support. The question is whether that evidence is sufficient for a conviction.
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #30
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Example of evidence gathering and interpretation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
Is this not one of the great pillars of our society, INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY? I think Michael Vick is a POS, if he did it, but I don't think it's racist or unintelligent to ask that we refrain from judgement until we've heard all the merits of the case...I actually think it's called being diligent
Here's evidence to support the fact that I DO NOT and WILL NOT support him given he is proven guilty...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:30 AM   #31
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by JETG View Post
There are white people, there are poor white trash.
There are blacks, and there are ******s
There are Hispanics, there are wetbacks.
Don't like this statement because of the "******" terminology...sure it was associated with blacks for the last 200 yrs, but before that it was a word used by the English to describe their inferior Irish counterparts. It was a word used to characterize stupidity and/or ignorance. Given this, anyone can be a "******". Just like blacks can be poor black trash and black caribbeans can be wetbacks, that'd be a helluva swim but is possible, with breaks perhaps but possible nonetheless...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #32
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes
 
lilmckee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 28,009

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
Don't like this statement because of the "******" terminology...sure it was associated with blacks for the last 200 yrs, but before that it was a word used by the English to describe their inferior Irish counterparts. It was a word used to characterize stupidity and/or ignorance. Given this, anyone can be a "******". Just like blacks can be poor black trash and black caribbeans can be wetbacks, that'd be a helluva swim but is possible, with breaks perhaps but possible nonetheless...
thats like arguing "gay" still means happy

untill the word gets associated elsewhere. thats what its assumed to mean
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
man [mckee] does not exist


where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:38 AM   #33
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmckee View Post
thats like arguing "gay" still means happy

untill the word gets associated elsewhere. thats what its assumed to mean
Well in terms of the dictionary, it does bud. The true term to describe what that term is currently used to describe is "homosexual". But I really am trying not to get into that...it's semantics n that's a week long discussion.
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #34
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by JETG View Post
I was just kind of throwing it out there, I have been called ****** before. So ya it is not context to just any one race. I should have said poor black trash, but is was just a point. Some are more racist than others, we all are in a big swimming bowl we call earth. We are not all going to get along, but who cares we are Free to express who we are and what we have become. I love america.

J
I can level with you here because I kind of agree with your hypothesis. It's human nature to cater to your own. "Your own" is relative as well whether it be "motorcyclists", "Texans", "blacks", "whites" whatever...but yes, being that that is our nature. It can be said that we are all racist, prejudice or whatever other term you want to use to describe the same dysfunction.
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #35
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
FALSE. Logic dictates that one fully examine all dynamics of any particular item before coming to a conclusion. The reason he very well may need leniency is because those irrational beings populating our country are quick hang the man before conviction. I have not passed judgement. I'm not saying he is guilty or innocent and I haven't protested or protected him in any way, re-read my posts. Again, all I ask for is diligence.


Logic = Reasoning.

Is it reasonable to say that the NAACP is asking the public for lieniency in judging Vick? No, they're asking the justice system for lieniency which means they think he's guilty.

Now, I'm the first one to yell 'consipracy' when it comes to the gov. and the first one to stand up and say that someone is innocent until proven guilty. However, If you tell me that a guy had 66 dogs (most of which were pit bulls), a dog-fighting pit, bloodstained carpets and equipment commonly associated with dogfighting on one of his properties AND eyewitnesses that say he was there betting $30K on dogfights .... then he's probably guilty. Whether or not a jury finds him guilty is another story. I'm not on the jury.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #36
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
I can level with you here because I kind of agree with your hypothesis. It's human nature to cater to your own. "Your own" is relative as well whether it be "motorcyclists", "Texans", "blacks", "whites" whatever...but yes, being that that is our nature. It can be said that we are all racist, prejudice or whatever other term you want to use to describe the same dysfunction.
...it's all a matter of to what degree?
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:55 AM   #37
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974 View Post
Logic = Reasoning.

Is it reasonable to say that the NAACP is asking the public for lieniency in judging Vick? No, they're asking the justice system for lieniency which means they think he's guilty.

Now, I'm the first one to yell 'consipracy' when it comes to the gov. and the first one to stand up and say that someone is innocent until proven guilty. However, If you tell me that a guy had 66 dogs (most of which were pit bulls), a dog-fighting pit, bloodstained carpets and equipment commonly associated with dogfighting on one of his properties AND eyewitnesses that say he was there betting $30K on dogfights .... then he's probably guilty. Whether or not a jury finds him guilty is another story. I'm not on the jury.
That is neither logical, nor reasonable- considering that witnesses lie, he's rich and therefore (though I will admit, it's a little unlikely that he was totally obvious to all things going on on his property) has many properties I'm sure-all of which would be relatively hard to govern and other various intangibles. I don't know what the NAACP is saying nor do I care, I fuqing HATE the NAACP so let's not even bring them into this discussion. All I know is what I am saying and that is that as much as you think you know the full scope of the case and all facets of the evidence, which mind you-still has yet to be officially disclosed, you are being a bit rash to rush to a decision. What is so bad about waiting to state your conclusions until the merits of the case have been exhibited? Where does the evidence that you've cited have it's origins? The DA or Prosecuting Attorney's office? He'd be breaking the law to have shown you at this point so I kind of doubt it. I'd be willing to bet a house that you are citing media sources which have proven to be as unreliable as a paper parachute.
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #38
Tango1300
Banned
 
Tango1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 721


Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah









Cool User is banned

.
Tango1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:11 AM   #39
MadseasoN
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 77002
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,603

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
That is neither logical, nor reasonable- considering that witnesses lie, he's rich and therefore (though I will admit, it's a little unlikely that he was totally obvious to all things going on on his property) has many properties I'm sure-all of which would be relatively hard to govern and other various intangibles. I don't know what the NAACP is saying nor do I care, I fuqing HATE the NAACP so let's not even bring them into this discussion. All I know is what I am saying and that is that as much as you think you know the full scope of the case and all facets of the evidence, which mind you-still has yet to be officially disclosed, you are being a bit rash to rush to a decision. What is so bad about waiting to state your conclusions until the merits of the case have been exhibited? Where does the evidence that you've cited have it's origins? The DA or Prosecuting Attorney's office? He'd be breaking the law to have shown you at this point so I kind of doubt it. I'd be willing to bet a house that you are citing media sources which have proven to be as unreliable as a paper parachute.
Oh, now the witnesses are lying? Ok.

Dude, I don't need to know the full 'scope of the case' and 'facets of the evidence' to form an opinion. I'm not on a jury. You can wait until the end of the trial to say that he's guilty but I'm saying it now. Same difference either way.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #40
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Cajun do I need to break in and offer some support on this subject for you, seeming as though as far as i'm concerned the dude who started this thread is certainly in a situation where the pot is calling the kettle black.
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy