Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2016, 10:00 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Houston Texans OL Duane Brown aiming to be ready for beginning of season

The 2015 season ended for Houston Texans left tackle Duane Brown being carted off the field with a severe quad injury that required surgery.

While doubt remains about his readiness for the start of the 2016 season, Brown maintains his rehabilitation has gone well.

"So far, so good," Brown told KPRC Channel 2 at a workout Tuesday at Hank's Gym in Southwest Houston.

"It's been a battle, being 310-plus pounds, it's not the easiest injury to come back from," Brown said.

A starter for eight seasons, Brown isn't putting a timetable on his return, but he's planning to be ready when the season arrives.

"Taking it one day at a time. I plan to be out there playing the first week of the season," Brown said.

For Brown, with this particular injury, the rehab is clearly demanding, but it also requires patience.

"Patience has been something I really worked on a lot this offseason, just knowing I'm doing good, but I don't want to do too much more," Brown said.

"It's a long road and you can't get frustrated. You just put your head down and keep going and that's what I've been doing."

Duane20Brown20pic20160720022600 7482964 ver10 1280 720

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote