MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2016, 02:23 PM   #1
FastLife1K
Howdy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 DR-650
'07 gsx-r 1000 (Sold)
2008 Ninja 250 (sold)
'09 Honda CBR (sold)
'09 GSXR 600 (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to FastLife1K Send a message via Yahoo to FastLife1K
Hard Enduro

Is there any place around to practice for enduro type off road riding or any trials clubs around? (besides SHNF)

Ive been watching it alot lately and it looks like a blast!

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"
FastLife1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enduro Racing? z0sum General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 04-11-2015 07:35 AM
Motocross & enduro? How did you get started? invyx Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 18 11-13-2014 10:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2016, 02:49 PM   #2
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

trials or trails?
There is a trials area at Rio Bravo

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
FastLife1K
Howdy

Bike(s):
2002 DR-650
'07 gsx-r 1000 (Sold)
2008 Ninja 250 (sold)
'09 Honda CBR (sold)
'09 GSXR 600 (Sold)

Member Garage

both...I wanna try trials. Might have to just go buy a bike and set up some junk in the back yard.

I should have started this thread in the dirtbike section

Old 07-19-2016, 03:13 PM   #4
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

I just sold my trials bike today.

The closest place for anything close to real trials riding is in Austin at City Park or at Hidden Falls Adventure park.

If you want real hard enduro style, you'll have to go to Red River Motorcycle Trails in Muenster, TX. Redbull last man standing was held here for several years.

Coincidentally, I'll be racing in the only US "hard enduro" type race on August 20th in Tennessee at the Trials Training Center. http://tennesseeknockoutenduro.com/

This discipline requires an amazing amount of skill, preparation and practice but, trials riding is a key skill in riding hard enduro races, most hard enduro guys are past trials champions if you do some research.

If you want to ride some enduro/harescramble trails, let me know, we have several places to ride, and no, I don't really consider most of the SHNF to be that, it's too wide open but, it is a great place to train and some enduro races are held there. Single track trail is the norm for harescramble races. SHNF is cut more for the trail rider friendly group, this is just my opinion based on the 100's of races that I've done over the last few years.

Last edited by CarbonJames; 07-19-2016 at 03:15 PM.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-19-2016, 03:20 PM   #5
FastLife1K
Howdy

Bike(s):
2002 DR-650
'07 gsx-r 1000 (Sold)
2008 Ninja 250 (sold)
'09 Honda CBR (sold)
'09 GSXR 600 (Sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
I just sold my trials bike today.

The closest place for anything close to real trials riding is in Austin at City Park or at Hidden Falls Adventure park.

If you want real hard enduro style, you'll have to go to Red River Motorcycle Trails in Muenster, TX. Redbull last man standing was held here for several years.

Coincidentally, I'll be racing in the only US "hard enduro" type race on August 20th in Tennessee at the Trials Training Center. http://tennesseeknockoutenduro.com/

This discipline requires an amazing amount of skill, preparation and practice but, trials riding is a key skill in riding hard enduro races, most hard enduro guys are past trials champions if you do some research.

If you want to ride some enduro/harescramble trails, let me know, we have several places to ride, and no, I don't really consider most of the SHNF to be that, it's too wide open but, it is a great place to train and some enduro races are held there. Single track trail is the norm for harescramble races. SHNF is cut more for the trail rider friendly group, this is just my opinion based on the 100's of races that I've done over the last few years.
Thank you for the response. I want to eventually do a harescramble in the future so I figured i should start trying to learn now. I did notice alot of enduro champs are all previous trials competitors which is why i was looking at that to start learning balance and low speed techniques first.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:13 AM   #6
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLife1K View Post
Thank you for the response. I want to eventually do a harescramble in the future so I figured i should start trying to learn now. I did notice alot of enduro champs are all previous trials competitors which is why i was looking at that to start learning balance and low speed techniques first.
A great start will be in early September in Columbus, TX. TSCEC is having their first round at Brunesmill property which will be a 2 day, Sprint Enduro format. Excellent format too, we've done one already this year with TRH and man it was a ton of fun.

This place offers a vast array of surfaces, it has some really really fast sections and I mean fast, for example, I had my 250sx topped out in 5th gear, pinned, I passed another bike that said he was running at 68mph, I was on the tail of a 450sxf that was running 79 mph, this particular run was near 1000 yrds long so we were literally riding as fast as our bikes would go.

Sprint Enduro allows for a given distance (say 3-4 miles long) you ride one lap and you can take a break or you can line back up and run it again as soon as you finish. At some point, you'll end up running a different, separate loop once all riders have completed their respective loops.

There will be at least 2 separate loops to ride, divided by skill level, you will race your laps and then swap once all skill level riders have completed the allotted amount of laps.

A typical TSCEC enduro distance is between 50-70 miles, the normal race length is 4-6 hours on the bike, it's not an easy day, and normally by the second to last test section, you are wore out and ready for a days sleep.

Hope you can come out and race with us, it's very addictive and let me know if you're interested in anything at all, I have plenty of knowledge and can help in many ways. We race at least once a month so when you get ready, there should be something somewhere to race.
Liked this post:
Old 07-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #7
cbr_corbin
RED RIDER

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
05 CRF450X 05 CRF450R 08 CRF250X 08 CRF250R
09 CBR1000RR 03 CBR600RR
99 CBR1100XX 99 CBR900RR
05 CRF50 99 Z50
96 CBR600F3 95 CBR600F3

Member Garage

James I would like to get together and learn some stuff as well, or at least watch a race one day.
cbr_corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #8
jrob
cheers

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

Quote:
A great start will be in early September in Columbus, TX. TSCEC is having their first round at Brunesmill property which will be a 2 day, Sprint Enduro format. Excellent format too, we've done one already this year with TRH and man it was a ton of fun.
Having a hard time finding more info on this, the TSCEC site seems to be pretty dated. Is there somewhere with more current info like specific dates and details?
I'm really interested.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:39 AM   #9
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob View Post
Having a hard time finding more info on this, the TSCEC site seems to be pretty dated. Is there somewhere with more current info like specific dates and details?
I'm really interested.
There is limited info posted at this time but as it gets closer, details will be available.

Round 1 & 2: Brunes mills sprint enduro

September 24th - 25th, 2016

Brunes Mills Ranch, TX (North of Columbus, TX)

flyer here N/A,

http://www.tscec.org/2015/

Select the schedule tab and then select Enduro Schedule tab, it will list the seasons dates and locations.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #10
jrob
cheers

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F

Quote:
There is limited info posted at this time but as it gets closer, details will be available.

Round 1 & 2: Brunes mills sprint enduro

September 24th - 25th, 2016

Brunes Mills Ranch, TX (North of Columbus, TX)

flyer here N/A,

http://www.tscec.org/2015/

Select the schedule tab and then select Enduro Schedule tab, it will list the seasons dates and locations.
Thanks,
Perfect. I will be out of country or in transit virtually every single one of those dates.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:51 PM   #11
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob View Post
Thanks,
Perfect. I will be out of country or in transit virtually every single one of those dates.
Not a problem, see this schedule for more races, harescramble rather than enduro.

http://www.torcsracing.com/2013_Schedule.php
Old 07-29-2016, 05:23 AM   #12
jrob
cheers

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F

Quote:
Not a problem, see this schedule for more races, harescramble rather than enduro.

http://www.torcsracing.com/2013_Schedule.php
Link isn't working for me, surely a problem on my end though. Sketchy internet in India.

We are going on a big trip to Colorado here in a couple weeks, so I may try to catch this Monte Vista race Sep 3rd,4th since I'll still be up there.

http://weberacing.com/2014_schedule/

OP, if you can ever make a trip up to Co, there is all the enduro style riding you can handle. Happy to point you toward some great areas to check out, or even show you around if timelines match up.

Advertisement