MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #21
trunxgp1224

Feedback Rating: (0)

Like I said you're better off buying bikes on CL and using the manual learn mechanics. The GI and Hazlewood is enough for 8 years of schooling. Also remember the Hazlewood is transferable to a spouse or kid.

As far as what degree to get. It all depends on what you want to do. If your only goal in life is martial arts school then go for a business operations degree, general business classes will help in your venture and forbid it fails you have a general degree to get a job on the market.
trunxgp1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
opinions? twk 1000 Car Forum 14 10-12-2012 02:22 PM
Opinions BlackWidow Stunters Lounge 11 05-02-2009 11:45 PM
Opinions quicksaveme Cruisers Lounge 11 11-07-2007 08:58 AM
Need Opinions Somebody1010 General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 03-06-2007 11:41 PM
Need opinions dbonezny General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 11-22-2006 07:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2016, 01:22 PM   #22
SCL_Official
@spacecityliving

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2007 ZX6R
2017 HD Street 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunxgp1224 View Post
Like I said you're better off buying bikes on CL and using the manual learn mechanics. The GI and Hazlewood is enough for 8 years of schooling. Also remember the Hazlewood is transferable to a spouse or kid.

As far as what degree to get. It all depends on what you want to do. If your only goal in life is martial arts school then go for a business operations degree, general business classes will help in your venture and forbid it fails you have a general degree to get a job on the market.
That's the plan. 👍🏼
SCL_Official is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:30 PM   #23
trunxgp1224

I'd look into lonestar before HCC. I'm on my 2nd year as a part-time student there and have done all buy one class online super easy and mostly awesome instructors.
Liked this post:
Old 07-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #24
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Quote:

My degree plan is general studies, with the Post 9/11 GI Bill I make about $1200/month on top of my full time job. I have been taking Business Management classes for my electives.

I plan on transferring my Hazelwood to my kids. Its a good time to be a Veteran for sure
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-18-2016, 01:34 PM   #25
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Quote:
I'd look into lonestar before HCC. I'm on my 2nd year as a part-time student there and have done all buy one class online super easy and mostly awesome instructors.
Take at least one class on campus, otherwise you will only qualify for the national average for BAH which ends up being lower for me.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:46 PM   #26
SCL_Official
@spacecityliving

Bike(s):
2007 ZX6R
2017 HD Street 750

Quote:
I was at SanJac on the east side for a year, so I'm pretty comfortable with the campus and I'm still really close to a lot of the professors. That will probably be where I end up. However, my wife was looking at going to HCC or Lonestar. Which LS campus did you go to for the one class?
Old 07-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #27
SCL_Official
@spacecityliving

Bike(s):
2007 ZX6R
2017 HD Street 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooley View Post
My degree plan is general studies, with the Post 9/11 GI Bill I make about $1200/month on top of my full time job. I have been taking Business Management classes for my electives.

I plan on transferring my Hazelwood to my kids. Its a good time to be a Veteran for sure
I was making about 1700 a month full time when I went. Last time I checked it was still the same. Are you full time?
Old 07-18-2016, 01:58 PM   #28
trunxgp1224

I'm officially enrolled at the Cy-Fair campus which is the newest and pretty sweet layout, and that is where I took the one in person class. I started taking a class at the university campus but had to withdraw from it. The system doesn't care, you can enroll in any classes at any lonestar campus whether online or in person.

I live off 249 and If I ever want to show up in person for anything rather than email/fax forms. I go to the "university campus" in the HP complex. Another good thing about Lone star is the amount of cross over they do with universities. Sam Houston, UoH, UT and A&M work with each other to ensure credits transfer, I'm sure other junior colleges do but I can't speak for them.

Also if you're on the NW side it's worth it to look in to the UoH NW campus also located in university park. It's a satellite campus for HoH but you are still a 100% UoH student while attending classes there.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:59 PM   #29
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis

Bike(s):
ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCL_Official View Post
I was making about 1700 a month full time when I went. Last time I checked it was still the same. Are you full time?
3/4 right now, I know I could get more but I am happy with where I am at

I am at a good spot of focusing my time and energy on my wife and kids, working 8-5 M to F, school, and hitting the track every few weeks.
Liked this post:
Old 07-18-2016, 02:05 PM   #30
SCL_Official
@spacecityliving

Bike(s):
2007 ZX6R
2017 HD Street 750

Quote:
3/4 right now, I know I could get more but I am happy with where I am at

I am at a good spot of focusing my time and energy on my wife and kids, working 8-5 M to F, school, and hitting the track every few weeks.
Ahhhh yeah that's good. I'm planning on going full time and leaving my current job. The housing allowance, my VA check, and my wife's salary should be more than enough to cover life stuff. Plus, her sister just move in, so there will be her rent that makes up for the salary cut I take.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:06 PM   #31
SCL_Official
@spacecityliving

Bike(s):
2007 ZX6R
2017 HD Street 750

Quote:
I'm officially enrolled at the Cy-Fair campus which is the newest and pretty sweet layout, and that is where I took the one in person class. I started taking a class at the university campus but had to withdraw from it. The system doesn't care, you can enroll in any classes at any lonestar campus whether online or in person.

I live off 249 and If I ever want to show up in person for anything rather than email/fax forms. I go to the "university campus" in the HP complex. Another good thing about Lone star is the amount of cross over they do with universities. Sam Houston, UoH, UT and A&M work with each other to ensure credits transfer, I'm sure other junior colleges do but I can't speak for them.

Also if you're on the NW side it's worth it to look in to the UoH NW campus also located in university park. It's a satellite campus for HoH but you are still a 100% UoH student while attending classes there.
That's great to know. I'm going to pass all that on to my wife. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2016, 02:12 PM   #32
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
And every time a kid moves up a belt, more $$ in your pocket
Then you throw the single mom on top of that.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-18-2016, 03:59 PM   #33
albertinhouston

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCL_Official View Post
That's actually not a bad idea.

I've been helping teach a couple nights a week at Team Tooke out in Cypress. They were actually talking about having me do an apprenticeship/Instructor certification through them. I'm really fond of how they run the academy, and they have been pretty successful, so I'm thinking about doing it.
It works!
albertinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement