MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Houstonians travel to watch Olympic track and field trials

The very best track and field athletes our country has to offer are competing in the Olympic trials in Eugene, Oregon, for a chance to represent our country next month in Rio de Janeiro.

Thousands of fans have turned out for the event, including a group of Houstonians who traveled there for the entire 10 days of competition.

"Actually, it's on my bucket list," said Dave Rainey, of Cy-Falls. "I've always wanted to make one and so Andy came up with the plan and I said, 'I'm in.' So a year ago, I bought my airline tickets."

Rainey is actually a track and cross country coach at Cy-Falls High School. He flew from Houston with three friends, including Andy Stewart, who made the trip not only as a fan, but as a way to inspire his own athletes.

"These athletes can teach, and I can take these lessons home, and then transfer them to my kids," Rainey said. "And help them become not only better runners, but better young men and better young women."

This is Stewart's sixth time at the track and field trials. What he loves the most is witnessing history and seeing the athletes who will strive for gold in the Olympics.

"They travel around the track and interact with the fans right after they make the team, after it's announced," Stewart said. "They do that for every event and it's just, it's just beautiful watch."

Stewart said he will continue to attend the Olympic track and field trials as long as he is able to stand and fly on a plane.

Houstonians20travel20to20watch20Olympic20track20and20field20trials 1468110442125 7280733 ver10 1280 720

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement