Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 08:48 AM   #21
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
what is it with everybody slamming HD guys lately? I know they give ya plenty of reasons to slam 'em, but JEEEZ, talk about "being a finger pointer"
to quote ya:
"Stop the madness already!!"
Hows about we try really hard to be a friendly motorcycle community instead of a bunch of metric riding arrogant asshats.
just an idea
I have no prob with harley riders... i've ridden one out at the lake, but that's all i had to ride out there. it's just fun poking fun at them because they do the same to me
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMA Motocross - DRAMA! - Penalties Announced on Washougal Laser Pointer Incident hotnanas General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 07-23-2013 05:10 PM
Tips n Pointer mrwiki91 General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 06-28-2010 02:18 PM
How Your Mouse Pointer Really Moves ArturoC Off Topic 8 07-10-2007 02:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2007, 08:48 AM   #22
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Quote:
what is it with everybody slamming HD guys lately? I know they give ya plenty of reasons to slam 'em, but JEEEZ, talk about "being a finger pointer"
to quote ya:
"Stop the madness already!!"
Hows about we try really hard to be a friendly motorcycle community instead of a bunch of metric riding arrogant asshats.
just an idea
I'm not bashing Harley's there my friend. Don't tell anyone but I rescued a HD from abuse that is now in my stable, soon to be out on the road. I can't believe the cheap chrome that they bought from Stubb's that's now pitted and rusting.

I rode an FLH back in the 80's and pushed it home one time too many and gave it up. Metric bikes are much more reliable but don't have the feel of a Harley. I dunno maybe I'm just getting old but I wanted that feeling one more time.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:56 AM   #23
Jay
Deleted

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

i do it when im group riding, buti point with my foot instead of my finger.....
thats usually because were going very fast......... glad it amuses u, lol....
Old 08-01-2007, 09:03 AM   #24
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

I am confused too. Not sure what is wrong with what. Any time you can get a bit more attention from a cager is good.

We need a demonstration. Get the digital camera out and show us exactly what the heck you are talking about. :icon_bigg
Old 08-01-2007, 09:04 AM   #25
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
I am confused too. Not sure what is wrong with what. Any time you can get a bit more attention from a cager is good.

We need a demonstration. Get the digital camera out and show us exactly what the heck you are talking about. :icon_bigg
then we could laugh at him for doing what he was just talking about
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:07 AM   #26
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

when riding with groups, everyone i ride with use the finger point to change lanes to the left or sticking the right foot out to go to right lane......and the problem is where??????????
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #27
Cherub
FTP

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
06 Raven R6

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Cherub Send a message via Yahoo to Cherub
Ummmm I use hand signals because thier alot more visable in the daytime

~Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die today~ James Dean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
It makes me cry, but real tears not the ones out of my like usual.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:14 AM   #28
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA View Post
I'm not bashing Harley's there my friend. Don't tell anyone but I rescued a HD from abuse that is now in my stable, soon to be out on the road. I can't believe the cheap chrome that they bought from Stubb's that's now pitted and rusting.

I rode an FLH back in the 80's and pushed it home one time too many and gave it up. Metric bikes are much more reliable but don't have the feel of a Harley. I dunno maybe I'm just getting old but I wanted that feeling one more time.

-d
the cheap chrome is exactly that, they are charging you american made pricing for chrome plated in china, and there are plenty of old white folk that think they gotta have it and gladly pay for it.

second, I understand the 80's flh pushing thing, but they are not all like that, I honestly have pushed my various yap bikes more than the HD's, funny tidbit.

the reason the metric is more reliable is because they have allowed for evolving with technology, the closest thing Harley has done is create the vrod bike style, otherwise, even though they finally went to F.I. in '07, they still strapped it on an air cooled , antiquated pushrod styled motor.
although mine is happily reliable, it took gobs of green to get it there.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #29
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

finger pointer
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:20 AM   #30
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Quote:
the cheap chrome is exactly that, they are charging you american made pricing for chrome plated in china, and there are plenty of old white folk that think they gotta have it and gladly pay for it.

second, I understand the 80's flh pushing thing, but they are not all like that, I honestly have pushed my various yap bikes more than the HD's, funny tidbit.

the reason the metric is more reliable is because they have allowed for evolving with technology, the closest thing Harley has done is create the vrod bike style, otherwise, even though they finally went to F.I. in '07, they still strapped it on an air cooled , antiquated pushrod styled motor.
although mine is happily reliable, it took gobs of green to get it there.
I'm kinda embarrassed to take it on the road with all the rusting pitted , but then again there would be very little bike left if I tried to take it all off. I'm getting a friend of mine to do the brakes and cleaning out the fuel line, aside from that it's a nice looking ride.

I can't believe after all these years Harley has never put the money into developing a bullet-proof engine that can be manufactured in mass that would stand up to the test. I'd rather pay more $$$ up front for something that is going to stay together than to keep paying more just to keep it on the road.

Stupid question but it would not be cost effective/too much work to powder a chromed piece of metal?

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #31
eugene

i'll be real...i do that when there are cars around and i want to switch lanes. it is easier to point for two reasons...
1. b/c a lot of cagers do not know the hand signals, so by pointing...it is almost universal.
2. by doing the hand signals, you catch a lot of wind resistance esp going at high speed (i.e. hwy). so it is kind of a pain in the to do it.
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:36 AM   #32
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA View Post
I'm kinda embarrassed to take it on the road with all the rusting pitted , but then again there would be very little bike left if I tried to take it all off. I'm getting a friend of mine to do the brakes and cleaning out the fuel line, aside from that it's a nice looking ride.

I can't believe after all these years Harley has never put the money into developing a bullet-proof engine that can be manufactured in mass that would stand up to the test. I'd rather pay more $$$ up front for something that is going to stay together than to keep paying more just to keep it on the road.

Stupid question but it would not be cost effective/too much work to powder a chromed piece of metal?

-d
they have indeed, their engine has been around almost 100 years and still thumpin reliable power, its just a different styled motor and its looks and heritage seems to appeal to the masses, HD is selling a kabillion of em every year.
The Evolution styled v-twins are fantastically reliable and dont leak, so even though they stayed the course with motor styles, they continued to improve, case designs, qa/qc programs etc etc, its all for the better and sales have proved that, although I blame a lot of sales on the advent of cable tv and discovery tv type wannabe shows.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:17 AM   #33
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Why is this an issue? Most of my street bikes lacked blinkers and the last time I checked you were supposed to use hand signals if you were riding with out blinkers. Following the law is now an issue?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:17 AM   #34
SVmike
nuthin'

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
finger pointing is fine with me. It's when people use a leg to signal a lane change that bothers me.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #35
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVmike View Post
finger pointing is fine with me. It's when people use a leg to signal a lane change that bothers me.

Who started that trend? :laughing6

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #36
Crystalline
Can't ride now...

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalline
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVmike View Post
I never understood that... It takes more effort to move your foot than your hand. Why struggle more when you can do it the correct way to where others understand what's going on (that's if they are paying attention)...:dontknow:
Old 08-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #37
gixxerbill

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

I use my feet to signal lane changes. I thought everybody did that on a sport bike.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #38
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

i use my feet,
Old 08-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #39
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

How to

Signaling and Turning

Signaling

In a business or residential area you must give a continuous turn signal for at least 100 feet before turning. In other areas the signal must be given at least 200 feet before turning. Drivers may signal in two ways:

Electrical turn signals. Flash the right turn signal for a right turn and the left turn signal for a left turn.
Hand and arm signals. Signals should be given with your left arm. For a right turn, the hand and arm are extended straight up. For a left turn, the driverís hand and arm are extended straight out to the left To slow down or stop, the hand and arm are extended down.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-

Last edited by NoFear; 01-08-2008 at 11:04 AM.
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #40
D_UNIT

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
03'xr50w/carbon fiber,07' R1(SOLD), 06' Ranger Rover Sport SuperCharged(NEW TOY)

I usually opt for the fist signal for an aggresive lane change. Sometimes the spirit fingers work better to give the appearance of a blinking lights.

When turning head i use my feet and point using my big toe when wearing sandals:laughing6
D_UNIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement