Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2016, 10:00 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Daily Craig: Fourth of July

I answered the call.

On this anniversary of our country, I thought I WOULD SHARE my vacation story. Late last week, I got a call from a friend that a H.S. BUDDY had passed away. He had no living family and had moved to a remote area of Alabama. I decided the least I COULD DO would be to say a few words over his grave. I called the American Legion Post in the area and asked if they could send a bag piper to the grave site. My friend was a Marine and he would be pleased with the idea of a piper.

We traveled over 2 hours and as luck would have it we were running late. We finally got to the grave site only to see no mourners, no hearse, no priest, only the grave diggers. 2 of them were sitting by the side of the freshly dug grave eating their lunch. I asked them if they minded us doing our thing. They did not.

After a round of "THE Marine Hymn" and "Ave Maria" we took a step back and saluted our dead pal. The grave digger nearest us said "I have been putting in septic tanks for 25 years and I have never seen anything like that". I think we messed up the directions.

Daily20Craig20NEW 1456256896561 2282314 ver10 1280 720

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote